2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

Which is exactly my point.

That’s on the ownership.

They’re not getting bailed out by revenue sharing. Which should force an owner to give you a good product.

If they don’t, that tells you what they care about.

Ahhh I see what you're saying.

There should be more checks in balances in place to ensure they're actually serving their franchises properly.

At the end of the day it’s still baseball.

You don’t need the biggest payroll to win. You don’t need the biggest payroll to be a dynasty. Sox, Giants, and Astros perfect examples of that.

You just need an ownership who cares and makes smart decisions. Hires the right people. That will be enough.

You don’t need the biggest payroll to win. You don’t need the biggest payroll to be a dynasty. Sox, Giants, and Astros perfect examples of that.

You just need an ownership who cares and makes smart decisions. Hires the right people. That will be enough.
You can do pretty well at covering up the Steinbrenner kids and the Cashmans when you do have a limitless payroll, which is the advantage y’all always will have over teams such as the Twins.

That’s the difference—you have the ability to try to compensate for lackluster decisions by paying out of the crazy wazoo you have at your disposal. Cash-strapped teams make a mistake, and spending is over for like 4-5 years.

Whenever a player rises up to one of the best in the game, everybody and their cousin knows they’re gonna end up going through either the Yankees, Mets, or Dodgers organization at some point.

Trust me I know it ain’t gonna change but I hope y’all at least have some self awareness about what I said above.

Red Sox were top 3 in 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2002, 2001

In a lot of those years they were #1

In years where they didn't make top 3 they were usually #4

So they're definitely a bad example :lol:

The Gians were always top 10 in their dynasty years.

Houston is the best example, although they tend to still be pretty high up.

You can do pretty well at covering up the Steinbrenner kids and the Cashmans when you do have a limitless payroll, which is the advantage y’all always will have over teams such as the Twins.

That’s the difference—you have the ability to try to compensate for lackluster decisions by paying out of the crazy wazoo you have at your disposal. Cash-strapped teams make a mistake, and spending is over for like 4-5 years.

Whenever a player rises up to one of the best in the game, everybody and their cousin knows they’re gonna end up going through either the Yankees, Mets, or Dodgers organization at some point.

Trust me I know it ain’t gonna change but I hope y’all at least have some self awareness about what I said above.

I’m aware of all of that.

There will always be teams with more money. But that doesn’t mean you can’t succeed in this sport.

That shouldn’t be an excuse for Owner A or Owner B to give up and be cheap.

Imagine the scenes in the Bronx if the Yankees got relegated. Guys like this would burn Yankee Stadium to the ground
IMG_4454.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom