2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

DTYhOI3X4AAWO47.jpg

SI trying too hard now with the covers :nerd: :lol:.

Luis Castillo is the goods tho. May hold him as a keeper in my fantasy league.

So the mets had a chance to land Cutch.

They didn't want to part with Nimmo.

Dummies.

And the fact that they signed Adrian Gonzalez. Yuck.

I think Sandy & the Mets are trying to win now and keep their future talent (Nimmo). Im glad they didnt trade Nimmo for McCutchen. I wouldve given them Lagares and perhaps 1 other player/prospect for Cutch.

Signing Gonzo for only $550K is a good gamble imo.

JD Martinez waiting for a 6yr/180mil deal is crazy and he's not getting it. Boras of course is trying to get this deal done so next season he can pitch Harper is "worth" $40mil/yr or more.

So the All Star Game is in DC this year, I've been dreaming about going since I was a kid. I missed the one in NY in 08 and regret it. I gotta go to the one in DC. How do I go about getting Home Run Derby tickets and ASG tickets? I'll probably post this a few times in here to make sure everyone sees it, my apologies.

So the All Star Game is in DC this year, I've been dreaming about going since I was a kid. I missed the one in NY in 08 and regret it. I gotta go to the one in DC. How do I go about getting Home Run Derby tickets and ASG tickets? I'll probably post this a few times in here to make sure everyone sees it, my apologies.

I went to the HRD and All Star game when it was in San Francisco and it was a blast (in spite of the fact that it was easily the worst HRD in history). But the HRD had All Star Batting Practice prior to it, and THAT was awesome too!

As far as tickets go, they were very difficult to get. I bought mine on the secondary market. Ended up spending a grip but it was well worth it.

I read that season ticket holders get them first and then they flip them?

This is kinda weak because I work in DC and DC is not a baseball town at all. They don't give a **** but it's a big market so I'm assuming people gonna ask for big money. SMH

I gotta go, been one of my dreams since I was a kid and I still watch the derby and game every year.

I've heard stories about AZ and TX having them and tickets being cheap as ****, SMH

I read that season ticket holders get them first and then they flip them?

This is kinda weak because I work in DC and DC is not a baseball town at all. They don't give a **** but it's a big market so I'm assuming people gonna ask for big money. SMH

I gotta go, been one of my dreams since I was a kid and I still watch the derby and game every year.

I've heard stories about AZ and TX having them and tickets being cheap as ****, SMH

I’ll be moving to DC this summer. Looking at DuPont Circle or Georgetown currently.

Heard literally the same thing, no one cares about baseball until the playoffs and even though it’s laughable. Wonder if they do it for a 20 game plan or something? I’m back August so can’t use an entire season...

It gets better every year, but most people still consider going to the game as a social event.

Tickets are gonna be expensive regardless of if you’re a STH or not. I’d find someone who is one cause they can buy as many as they want before they’re available to the public.

Reactions: HIM
Is the hot stove even warm yet? We got 3 weeks until pitcher and catchers :lol:
Right? :lol:

I've read a couple articles that have made some really good points with what is going on with all this.
There has never been a time like this in MLB for the ability of owners to sit back and do nothing. MLB national contracts are at an all-time high. (Almost) every team has a shiny new stadium. Franchise values are climbing no matter how many games you lose (Miami Marlins just sold for $1.2 billion dollars). Front offices are larger and smarter, and agents cannot play them as well as in the past. Decent amount of fans will continue to come out because the weather is nice.

So ownership just sits back and runs operations now as conservative as possible, taking no major financial chances, and no long-term FA contract offers that rarely pan out in the back end.

Owners know (aside from Miami) that they can't exactly tank....but the incentive to do more than just the status quo has never been lower right now. I'm still interested to see who blinks first.

If Yu Darvish was indeed tipping pitches in the World Series, it is just as much the Dodgers coaching staff and catcher's fault as it is Yu's.

Yu isnt garbage. I understand why Dodger fans hate him now, but he is a good pitcher.

I'll gladly take Yu and accept a 2nd round pick when Arrieta signs elsewhere afterwards.

Yu was dominant in the NLCS, and tipping pitches in the WS, he'll be fine.

I'll gladly take Yu and accept a 2nd round pick when Arrieta signs elsewhere afterwards.

Yu was dominant in the NLCS, and tipping pitches in the WS, he'll be fine.
Are you sure? He had this issue before, worked on it. Just to do it again on the biggest stage

Back
Top Bottom