2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

Nasty collision on Cleveland with Altuve and Hernandez. :x
Altuve looked to be ok. Took him out for concussion protocol. Hernandez, not so sure. It was his first game up too.
Keuchel was cooking tonight. Astros take game one of the ALCS preview.

I have no idea if Thames is juicing, but the jumping to conclusions is absurd.

1. If PED's were this effective, way way more players would be on them.

If you could take what Thames is allegedly and gain .400 points of slugging AND pass Olympic drug tests way way more players would use it. There really isn't any evidence that there is any drug you could take that could account for Thames's improvement.

2. Biggest improvement Thames has made is his plate discipline.

Dude is 3rd best player right now in terms of fewest swings outside the strike zone. Before he went Korea he was below average in terms of plate discipline.

View media item 2416175
Dude was always a power hitter in the minors, he just couldn't translate that to the majors dude to lack of contact and poor plate discipline.

Giant PED's infused muscles aren't going to improve your vision and plate discipline.

3. Eric Thames was always pretty massive.
View media item 2416176rookie thames

View media item 24161772yrs later thames

View media item 2416178now thames.

Ever since dude made it to the majors, dude just kept getting bigger and bigger. If his performance is correlated to his muscle mass, then how come his performance didn't improve the first time around in the majors?

if bigger muscles = better perfomance he would have never had to go to Korea.

4. Pitchers have yet to adjust.

Once he gets around the league, pitchers will develop a book on him, and throw im less fastballs and his HR rates will fall.

I don't know if he's on PED's or not, but I remain skeptical that they are the reason he's mashing now.

I have no idea if Thames is juicing, but the jumping to conclusions is absurd.

1. If PED's were this effective, way way more players would be on them.

If you could take what Thames is allegedly and gain .400 points of slugging AND pass Olympic drug tests way way more players would use it. There really isn't any evidence that there is any drug you could take that could account for Thames's improvement.

2. Biggest improvement Thames has made is his plate discipline.

Dude is 3rd best player right now in terms of fewest swings outside the strike zone. Before he went Korea he was below average in terms of plate discipline.

Dude was always a power hitter in the minors, he just couldn't translate that to the majors dude to lack of contact and poor plate discipline.

Giant PED's infused muscles aren't going to improve your vision and plate discipline.

3. Eric Thames was always pretty massive.

rookie thames

2yrs later thames

now thames.

Ever since dude made it to the majors, dude just kept getting bigger and bigger. If his performance is correlated to his muscle mass, then how come his performance didn't improve the first time around in the majors?

if bigger muscles = better perfomance he would have never had to go to Korea.

4. Pitchers have yet to adjust.

Once he gets around the league, pitchers will develop a book on him, and throw im less fastballs and his HR rates will fall.

I don't know if he's on PED's or not, but I remain skeptical that they are the reason he's mashing now.
Great post.

If you just watch him at the plate you can tell he ain't playing, like at all.

Dude is going to smash a few records this year.

C-TcVU3XgAALHXM.jpg

man Jeter can wear whatever he wants with that list of conquests he got :lol:

too bad he got herpes

Great post.
If you just watch him at the plate you can tell he ain't playing, like at all.

Dude is going to smash a few records this year.
Dude yells at himself when he's at bat [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Told you. They test dude like once per week. In all seriousness, tonight was like his 3rd test since spring training.

@Haudricourt   9m9 minutes ago

More

Random or not , Eric Thames was drug tested again tonight. Twice this month. "I've got plenty of urine."

Tom‏ @Haudricourt 55s56 seconds ago

More
Basically, #Brewers Eric Thames was telling drug testers, bring it on.” They took blood and urine tonight. Just urine in Chicago.

Tom‏ @Haudricourt   8m8 minutes ago
More

You'd have hard time convincing Thames drug testing is random. He thinks MLB is listening to all the chatter.

Back
Top Bottom