2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

well that explains the washington deal and why harper aint take it... well on to the other free agents... yanks need to sign dallas already

Was just about to list that. That offer was never serious but did two things:

1) Put up a facade for the fan base saying they “tried”
2) Created a floor for Harper. A favor to Bryce/Boras as you will

Everyone complaining about how he’s not worth it. Who cares? No player, outside Trout, is worth that kind of money. It’s just the world we live in. Middleton gonna break even inside 5 years anyway with the amount of money he’s gonna make off him.

I'll say it for the Giants & Dodgers the same way I said it for Manny and the White Sox....

Manny's starting # had to have a 3... and he took the deal from the team that gave him what he wanted.

Bryce starting # was always North of $326M as he wanted to shatter the Stanton deal.... whatever team offered him that he was going to take it.

If the Giants (Harper) weren't going to start at 327M, then they didn't try hard enough.
If the White Sox (Machado) weren't going to start at 300 then they didn't try hard enough.

SD & Philly closed the deal how it should have been done.

These teams had the money... But Scared money don't make no money. It's like these teams were hoping they would luck into one of these guys.

No, its baseball, and the money is there for the right players contrary to what's been going on. Don't get caught slippin

Man how are you going to give someone $100 mill when they’re 60. So stupid :lol: that money better be paid with like 7% interest a year to rationalize it.

It’s back!!!!!!

F6667DE5-6714-4E93-B9B8-817581640ACB.jpeg

I'll say it for the Giants & Dodgers the same way I said it for Manny and the White Sox....

Manny's starting # had to have a 3... and he took the deal from the team that gave him what he wanted.

Bryce starting # was always North of $326M as he wanted to shatter the Stanton deal.... whatever team offered him that he was going to take it.

If the Giants (Harper) weren't going to start at 327M, then they didn't try hard enough.
If the White Sox (Machado) weren't going to start at 300 then they didn't try hard enough.

SD & Philly closed the deal how it should have been done.

These teams had the money... But Scared money don't make no money. It's like these teams were hoping they would luck into one of these guys.

No, its baseball, and the money is there for the right players contrary to what's been going on. Don't get caught slippin

I want to agree but I don’t mess with you no more after trying to sh on my Knicks in the NFL thread

Correa had an exit velo of 113 on his double the other day. Last year with his back he couldn’t get it over 105. So Correa is back. Thank god.

It’s back!!!!!!

F6667DE5-6714-4E93-B9B8-817581640ACB.jpeg

I want to agree but I don’t mess with you no more after trying to sh on my Knicks in the NFL thread

:lol: My bad G.. but u know how this goes lol. Lead the public to think one way and both guys go opposite directions. For what it’s worth KD in NY would be kind of fire.

Just purchased my April 2nd Nats tickets ... Will be 3 rows up from the dugout ... I'm either going with a custom 34 Nats jersey with something referencing Kay or Traitor ... The possibilities are endless ... Papelbon and mannequin hand around my neck ...

Any suggestions from the NT folks?

Mets fans gonna come in here and tell us they had a better offseason than Philly :lol:

Harper bringing up taking less money for the phillies to try and go get trout if avail in 2 years :smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin

Back
Top Bottom