2023 Official MLB Season Thread

This. It's the towns and burbs surrounding Boston that are the bigger issue. That's where a lot of these vile people come from to watch pro sports, work, go to school, etc.

yeah. all those rt 2 towns. and then west of worcester. it's embarrassing how backwards a lot of those places are. used to have hockey tournaments in pittsfield, ma and always would get called slurs out there

Watching Baseball Tonight that summer of 1998 was so insane.... it was like mandatory viewing each night to see what Sosa/McGwire did that day.

Sosa only had 8 HRs through his first 46 games that year. He hit 58 in his last 113 games :lol:

But craziest Sosa stat of them all: He hit the 63, 64, and 66 HR marks in his career. Not one led his league that year.

Yep summer of 98' will always be memorable for me. I was in Middle School and had just finished a season of Jr. league baseball and we were having an end of season party at a teammates place and they happened to have ESPN on when it cut to McGwire during a live at bat and just bout the whole team's eyes were glued to the screen lol. He didn't hit a HR but I'll always remember that moment because of what happened later that summer.

I worked with a couple big baseball fans that year, and if I remember right, McGwire was on fire from day 1 of the season and jumped out to the huge lead. Sammy was off to usual slow start, until late May, and then absolutely June, and I remember comin into work after he hit 3 off Cal Eldred and sayin Mac better watch out. They were jumpin all over my case for that. :lol:

But to be honest.......what EYE remember most about that season........the eyebrow raising I did over suspected racism. I can't tell you how many white folk told me how much better they liked Mac than Sammy (me knowing they had never watched a single Cubs game in their lives, and at the time Sammy blowing kisses to the camera after every homerun) while Mac was bein a red *** about the andro questions. I wonder if that gets brought up in the 30 for 30.

HOUSTON (AP) — Former Los Angeles Dodgers star Carl Crawford has been arrested after his former girlfriend accused him of assaulting her during an argument over a man she had begun dating.

An arrest affidavit filed Wednesday by Houston police states that the ballplayer-turned-record producer went to the home of Gabriele Washington on May 8, produced a handgun from which he unloaded the ammunition in her presence, then demanded information on her latest dating relationship.

Washington told investigators Crawford pushed her to the floor, slammed her head against a wall and choked her. Crawford is free on $50,000 bond.

When her year-old daughter walked up, she distracted Crawford, who is her father, and Washington ran to call police. Crawford then fled but followed up with threatening cellphone texts to Washington, according to the affidavit.

HOUSTON (AP) — Former Los Angeles Dodgers star Carl Crawford has been arrested after his former girlfriend accused him of assaulting her during an argument over a man she had begun dating.

An arrest affidavit filed Wednesday by Houston police states that the ballplayer-turned-record producer went to the home of Gabriele Washington on May 8, produced a handgun from which he unloaded the ammunition in her presence, then demanded information on her latest dating relationship.

Washington told investigators Crawford pushed her to the floor, slammed her head against a wall and choked her. Crawford is free on $50,000 bond.

When her year-old daughter walked up, she distracted Crawford, who is her father, and Washington ran to call police. Crawford then fled but followed up with threatening cellphone texts to Washington, according to the affidavit.

supposedly someone died at a party/small get together at his house like less than a month ago too. Was on the news here in Houston.

Am I only person thats like a 76 game season doesn't sound bad at all lol...they should shorten the season going forward...between 80-90 games sounds fair..they should get rid of doubleheaders imo

I'd rather them just shorten the games and make other changes.

Product as is is kinda whack.

Too many home runs, too many strike outs, too much f*ckery between pitches. They just need to put some things in place that would speed up the pace of the game and the duration. Not trying to watch 3-3.5 hour games any more.

Am I only person thats like a 76 game season doesn't sound bad at all lol...they should shorten the season going forward...between 80-90 games sounds fair..they should get rid of doubleheaders imo

I used to love going to doubleheaders as a kid. They got rid of planned doubleheaders decades ago. Now they only happen because of rainouts and scheduling issues.

I'd rather them just shorten the games and make other changes.

Product as is is kinda whack.

Too many home runs, too many strike outs, too much f*ckery between pitches. They just need to put some things in place that would speed up the pace of the game and the duration. Not trying to watch 3-3.5 hour games any more.
6 inning matchups

add more meaning to every game i feel like which is cool. i think it's too short on a go forward basis. but i wouldnt mind it right now

Back
Top Bottom