2023 Official MLB Season Thread

That money argument is silly. A lot of owners don’t put their earnings back into their ball club. Drayton McLane was one of the richest owners in ball before he sold the astros. He was ranked higher by Forbes than Steinbrenner multiple times while owning the team and did not want to invest in his players or outside players. Astros fans saw that first hand here in Houston. There’s multiple owners that are like that.

Exactly this is what I was trying to say. The Yankees were the Yankees of cheating during that era. They had more money so they could afford to pay more cheaters than other teams.

Woah they had more money? What are you talking about? The Steinbrenner’s have NEVER been the richest owners in baseball...

No one thinks steroids and Yankees lmao

Yankees always embraced cheaters. Clemens, Pettit, A rod etc.

Clemens
Pettite
Kevin Brown
A-Rod
Sheffield
Giambi
David Justice
Mike Stanton
Denny Neagle
Jason Grimsley
Jim Leyritz
Chuck Knoblauch
Rondell White
Ricky Bones
Bobby Estalella

Just some that I can remember. It's a pretty big list. All in that championship era.

Old college roommate is in angels org, have another friend on big league club in LA, other best friend is with brewers and another a MiLB assistant. The common consensus between all of them=no baseball in 2020. The two sides are so extremely far apart it would take a miracle for them to play more than 35 games at this rate.

thanks manfred.

Clemens
Pettite
Kevin Brown
A-Rod
Sheffield
Giambi
David Justice
Mike Stanton
Denny Neagle
Jason Grimsley
Jim Leyritz
Chuck Knoblauch
Rondell White
Ricky Bones
Bobby Estalella

Just some that I can remember. It's a pretty big list. All in that championship era.

15 players in a 15 year run :lol:

"Pretty big" list tho

15 players in a 15 year run :lol:

"Pretty big" list tho

Hence "from what I can remember." Literally off the top of my head. If that's where you think it begins and ends, haha.

Also depends on what you're definition of big is. 15 players cheating to me is a a lot. If you're cool with most of your team's best players cheating during a dynasty, then so be it. Nothing more to say really.

As a Patriots fan, can't say I feel the same way.

As a non Yankees fan I absolutely do not consider the Yankees the steroid club. MLB as a whole was problematic.

I’ve actually never heard that until today

Cool, just keep the same energy with the sign stealing, since the MLB as a whole is problematic.

Didn’t they say for a few seasons it was like 70%-80% of the league was on steroids????

Red Sox winning their early and mid 2000s WS had rosters full of steroids but we’ll just talk about the Yankees

Didn’t they say for a few seasons it was like 70%-80% of the league was on steroids????

Red Sox winning their early and mid 2000s WS had rosters full of steroids but we’ll just talk about the Yankees

I mean that’s the thing - the roid era was EVERYONE.

The level the Astros followed by the Red Sox cheated in the last 3 years is a big gap compared to the rest of the league

I mean not true at all lol

You don't think sign stealing via technology in the MLB is league wide? Like I said, that's very naive.

Teams were using walkie talkies and binoculars in the 60's and 70's. And it gets even more advanced as the years progressed.

Hopefully the Red Sox and Astros (and maybe more teams) getting nipped will put a stop to it. I doubt it though.

Last edited:
You don't think sign stealing via technology in the MLB is league wide? Like I said, that's very naive.

Teams were using walkie talkies and binoculars in the 60's and 70's. And it gets even more advanced as the years progressed.

Hopefully the Red Sox and Astros (and maybe more teams) getting nipped will put a stop to it. I doubt it though.

You didn’t say via technology in the other post - but I agree

As a non Yankees fan I absolutely do not consider the Yankees the steroid club. MLB as a whole was problematic.

I’ve actually never heard that until today

I've heard it

“The Yankees were the absolute poster boys,” Russo said. “They ran a pharmacy from 1995 right up until 2009 as far as steroids are concerned. They had 26 players in one way or the other – Mitchell Report and everything else – who were wrapped up in steroids.

Lol stopped reading when they brought up Jeffrey Maier

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

So then you read the entire article :lol:

It's gone from "I've never heard it" to "that doesn't count"

Quoting Russo as if he's not the biggest Yankee hater in the world. Makes johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm look sane

It's okay to admit those teams were tainted. Like it's not a personal indictment on your professional achievements. They don't go on your resume.

Starting to sound like the republican apologists who deny all wrongdoing. It happened. It's a dirty league historically and your squad is an offender. It's okay,

Back
Top Bottom