2023 Official MLB Season Thread

can anyone with financial sense explain Bonilla's payouts to me?

-he was owed 5.9 million in 2000
-payment was deferred to 2011
-total payment ended up totaling 29.8 mil
-payments are 1.2 mil every year for 25 years
-interest on each payment is 8%

How did they end up with 29.8 mil? 5.9 mil compounded over 11 years 2000-2011 with 8% interest is 13.8 mil

If you need a chuckle check out rob parker & Broussards show today. I'm just listening to the recap show and am literally in tears laughing at these fools go back and forth about the lack of blacks in baseball. Neither one is making sense which makes it even funnier.

Rob said "you don't have any numbers"(stats to support opinion). Broussard replies "you don't either".

It truly is a trainwreck.
Those clowns are horrible. I don’t get how they have jobs.... Fox sports radio is so bad.
Broussard/Parker sound like bickering women
Gottlieb is trash and Clay Travis is the WOAT... the rest of their lineup I never heard.

can anyone with financial sense explain Bonilla's payouts to me?

-he was owed 5.9 million in 2000
-payment was deferred to 2011
-total payment ended up totaling 29.8 mil
-payments are 1.2 mil every year for 25 years
-interest on each payment is 8%

How did they end up with 29.8 mil? 5.9 mil compounded over 11 years 2000-2011 with 8% interest is 13.8 mil

Answer: Bonilla >

read something about compounded interest. I'm too poor to understand it all

Just heard this on local radio

This guy is terrible at his gig
dead.png

I am trying so hard not to be negative, but I simply cannot see how this season (or NBA/NFL/NHL) can possibly have a season.

When Trout retires and is just short of certain statistical milestons,we’re all gonna look back on this year where we missed an entire season of peak Trout :frown: :smh:

trout is like this era griffey... great stats but no success in the playoffs or lack there of... hopefully he can win a ring before he retires

^^^
Griffey had a hell of a postseason in ‘95, but if you’re speaking of team success then I agree.

I got love for Trout, but him not playing wouldn’t have the impact of a top 3-5 player not playing the NBA. Would suck to not have him out their while he’s in his prime, but I respect him putting family first.

^^^
Griffey had a hell of a postseason in ‘95, but if you’re speaking of team success then I agree.

I got love for Trout, but him not playing wouldn’t have the impact of a top 3-5 player not playing the NBA. Would suck to not have him out their while he’s in his prime, but I respect him putting family first.

It would long term - he’s on pace to break every record, if he ends up short you could make a case for missing this season as the reason...

Remember, it’s supposedly all down hill from here for him (about to be 29)

Angels suck with or without Trout.
Dude might go from $40 million dollars he was scheduled to make this year to $0 if he decides not to play. Crazy

A lot of players testing positive, I don’t know how they’re gonna do this. I read there’s some treatment that shortens how long you’re sick so maybe teams will have that.

Trout not playing doesn’t matter. East coast doesn’t care. That team is garbage. Trout isn’t flashy enough or must see TV.

They’ve been looking into it for a few years now. They slowly and completely phased out Chief Wahoo last year.

well damb I never thought about it until now. i haven't seen Wahoo on the logo in forever, they did a good job of playing the long game.

A lot of players testing positive, I don’t know how they’re gonna do this. I read there’s some treatment that shortens how long you’re sick so maybe teams will have that.

Trout not playing doesn’t matter. East coast doesn’t care. That team is garbage. Trout isn’t flashy enough or must see TV.

I mean it DOES matter - he’s going to end up being the best player of all time lol

Back
Top Bottom