2023 Official MLB Season Thread

This is disgraceful, some folks had Sugano as the 2nd best SP on the market behind Bauer, yet no damn team signs him??? Oh we're being cheap-cheap..

This is disgraceful, some folks had Sugano as the 2nd best SP on the market behind Bauer, yet no damn team signs him??? Oh we're being cheap-cheap..

he has to accept the posting bid too no? maybe his agent is the Japanese Scott Boras and was asking for some crazy number :lol:

Yanks fans are always salty. All the rings, all the sodium. Don’t watch the Mets, watch Gary Sanchez.
1610064683623.gif

he has to accept the posting bid too no? maybe his agent is the Japanese Scott Boras and was asking for some crazy number :lol:

You could be right, but he's only making $6-7M/season in Japan. I doubt the number they were looking for was that outrageous...I'm thinking owners just have this collective understanding that no one will be given big $ after the losses from last year. We're 6 weeks away from Spring Training and Bauer is still trying to generate interest himself via Twitter!

You could be right, but he's only making $6-7M/season in Japan. I doubt the number they were looking for was that outrageous...I'm thinking owners just have this collective understanding that no one will be given big $ after the losses from last year. We're 6 weeks away from Spring Training and Bauer is still trying to generate interest himself via Twitter!

touche. I could see that too since its a screwed up offseason for FAs so it could be that all the owners are scared, the buyers market, or some sort of collusion

actually now that you mention Bauer still unsigned pretty much all of the top FAs are still unsigned, usually by the end of the winter meetings theres some action there.

I’m not upset the Yankees didn’t get him. I’m upset the Yankees make so much money and want to be cheap. We haven’t won, we’ve choked and they could have gotten some key players for a reasonable price. Charlie Morton. I would love Lindor but didn’t expect that with Cole’s contract and they gotta pay Judge and DJ.

Not upset, but whenever the Mets sign someone all of a sudden their fans grow chest hair and look like Seinfeld in that gif. Start coming outta nowhere talkin **** like they run this city. If u ain't from here you'll never understand. Again, not upset just annoyed to have to deal with that 1 Met fan that i didn't even know what his voice sounded like and now he's talkin **** like they already won. Again, the deal is well known , lol

Damn B

We all Mets fans have reasons to get excited now. We finally have an owner who has high expectations from our team. I am sure you are familiar with that kind of owner. I surely hope Cohen is a man of his word then

I am surprised that you have to feel so annoyed with those kind of Mets fans you mentioned. You know you could just have ignored them easily. For signing/blockbuster, it doesn't happen to us every year. Last time, we made a blockbuster. That was the Johan Santana trade. We even signed Beltran before that trade, That was like 13-15 years ago :lol:

I mean your fellow Yankees fans are everywhere They love to live in the past where they usually will bring up the "we got 27 WS titles, bro" thing after trying to make a conversation with them every year :lol: That's why I enjoy coming into this thread since y'all don't act like those Yankees fans. All good man

Robinson Cano
Edwin Diaz
Marcus Stroman
Yoenis Cespedes
Dellin Betances
Rick Porcello
Todd Frazier a couple times.
Wilson Ramos
Asdrubal Cabrera
Jason Vargas

that’s just in the last couple years. It’s not as if those guys were nobodies. Pretty sure all had been an all star. Mets have definitely been trying every year to find some big trade or signing. It’s not as if they’ve been sitting by doing nothing. Hasn’t been 13-15 years ago lol.

For signing/blockbuster, it doesn't happen to us every year. Last time, we made a blockbuster. That was the Johan Santana trade. We even signed Beltran before that trade, That was like 13-15 years ago :lol:

Robinson Cano
Edwin Diaz
Marcus Stroman
Yoenis Cespedes
Dellin Betances
Rick Porcello
Todd Frazier a couple times.
Wilson Ramos
Asdrubal Cabrera
Jason Vargas

that’s just in the last couple years. It’s not as if those guys were nobodies. Pretty sure all had been an all star. Mets have definitely been trying every year to find some big trade or signing. It’s not as if they’ve been sitting by doing nothing. Hasn’t been 13-15 years ago lol.

Listing the washed up/rental players? I get it about Diaz and Stroman. Yet they aren't on the level of Beltran, Santana or Lindor

Other players you list. LOL. You made my day

P.S. This is what I meant. Living in the past bruv

Listing the washed up/rental players? I get it about Diaz and Stroman. Yet they aren't on the level of Beltran, Santana or Lindor

Other players you list. LOL. You made my day

it was you stating they don’t make big moves. Except they have tried.

Cespedes wasn’t washed, he sparked your teams run to that World Series but let’s ignore that.

porcello signing was right after a dominant World Series performance.

ramos, betances, and Vargas were after all star seasons. Not to mention Jay Bruce signing was too. But revisionist history right? Because those deals didn’t work out the way you wanted them to?

Again, those moves you mentioned are mediocre

Cespedes is my dude. I am sure guys here saw my big text posts about him. He made me a big fan of him AFTER we acquired him. Again, he was labeled the rental player we made a move for him. We gave up a low tier prospect

Porcello wasn't the Cy Young winner we signed. Otherwise, we wouldn't offer him a minor league contract to play for us, right? We didn't sign him after his WS performance. That was two years later. Try it again bruv

Ramos made All-Star one time. We signed him two years later. We didn't need to lose a pick for signing him
Just like Ramos, Vargas made All-Star one time. We didn't have to lose a draft pick for signing him. That says a lot about it
Betances hasn't been same. We wondered why Yankees let him go easily. I can see why. I hope he will bounce back stronger

Jay Bruce? Yeah he was great in the early of his career. Top 10 MVP candidate. He wasn't at that level when we gave up low tier prospects for him. We even tried to trade him next year then brought him back later. Does that sound like a special player to you? :lol:

Because those deals didn’t work out the way you wanted them to?

Nah, we all saw it coming. Like I said we are excited about the new owner. High expectations. Yeah, we will face ups and downs in the future about big moves. Not mediocre moves that you mention. I speak of big names :smile:

the number of people of pitchers that use some substance is way higher than 25-30 but of course throw two Astro pitchers on the headline people will bite.

I think that's the headline because it's a Houston newspaper.

And it's 25-30 named in the lawsuit. It's obviously probably far more.

R.I.P. Tommy Lasorda. The bad signs were there unfortunately before he passed away.

I'll always remember him as a fixture at Dodger Stadium when I used to attend games. The section he was in in the bougie dugout club that I dubbed the Tommy Lasorda section will never be the same again without him sitting there for games.

I took this picture of him in August 2018, it was a moment before I shook his hand. I'm very lucky I got a chance to shake hands with him because he rarely interacts with fans before he takes his seat.
IMG_5147.JPG

Back
Top Bottom