2023 Official MLB Season Thread

Exactly I was just about to say too…..

If you don’t give the fans a reason to show up then THEY WONT.

Thats how the Northeast is.

I wouldn’t buy tickets and give my favorite team money just to blindly follow an incompetent front office who put out a bad product on the field/court.

Na bro.

Plus, it's a 162 game season. No one really cares in June. Come late August & September, if we're still in it, then people will come. Football has 8-9 home games, that's it. Baseball...81. That's a big difference.

Reaaaaallllyyyy need you all to do the lort's work, my friend. May the power of Schmidt & Rose & McNabb & Cunningham & Iverson & Dr. J be upon thee. 🤣🔥

Gotta strike out less, though. And somehow get them to strikeout, but good luck with that. 😬

-foe

What did I see, Verlander is what, 0-6 with a 5.xx ERA in the postseason lifetime (can't remember what they were talking about yesterday). Gives me hope for tonight that the guys can tee off on him early. 🙏🙏

Yeah, fan attendance for a sport like baseball isn’t necessarily the hill you want to die on when criticizing Philly fans :lol:

Everyone knows support is never is the issue. In fact, the only fair criticism is that we’re over-passionate, illogical and often insufferable

Yeah, fan attendance for a sport like baseball isn’t necessarily the hill you want to die on when criticizing Philly fans :lol:

Everyone knows support is never is the issue. In fact, the only fair criticism is that we’re over-passionate, illogical and often insufferable

Dude likes to throw Hail Mary punches - don’t read into to 😂

now if they did these uni's for a game that would be :smokin

313126044_10160458341262451_3558113978165391991_n.jpg

Phils look better ....

Hmm the Dodgers might go after another good SS if Trea leaves...

Water is wet.

Nah nah nah you gotta admit this would be different :lol:

Even you didn’t think they’d go after him just the other day.

We would go after any available SS not named Correa.

It makes perfect baseball sense and it’s be a good signing for baseball reasons. But the fanbase hates this dude almost as much as they hate altuve :lol:

One thing I’ve never understood about Philly fans is how when you visit their stadiums as an opposing fan they are cool, but when they visit an opposing teams stadium they are the worst people on earth for 3-4 hours :lol:

Anyways, rooting for Dusty to get his ring but won’t be upset if Harper gets one (will hope this is his only one though).

93EA588F-0F74-4030-B30D-3639A1FF833B.jpeg

Those are Dodger fans twitter accounts wildn out on those rumors. This is a rumor coming from a MLB insider like Jon Heyman.
Being on the Dodgers' radar could mean they're keeping an eye on what he's being offered since they're in the market for other shortstops, but also if the price is right it is what it is. Front office would have a field day dealing with fan reception.

Also, if you're an agent of a big league player that is top 3-5 in their position, and you're not creating a Dodger interest narrative to drive up the price, then you deserve to get fired. Guys like Heyman aren't just pulling stuff out of their culo, but they're also just mouthpieces.

I read the article, just says Dodgers -> need a SS -> Correa. Doesn't even say "a source within the Dodgers". some NY guy speculating from 3000 miles away

Being on the Dodgers' radar could mean they're keeping an eye on what he's being offered since they're in the market for other shortstops, but also if the price is right it is what it is. Front office would have a field day dealing with fan reception.

Also, if you're an agent of a big league player that is top 3-5 in their position, and you're not creating a Dodger interest narrative to drive up the price, then you deserve to get fired. Guys like Heyman aren't just pulling stuff out of their culo, but they're also just mouthpieces.

Honestly if the front office thinks he would fit in and play well, and most importantly contribute at a high level in October, **** what the fans think. You make moves to win. Not to appease fans. And ultimately winning championships will appease fans.

And I’ll be real here. There’s a solid portion of the fan base who needs to get over 2017 already. The Dodgers gift-wrapped the Astros game 2 at home. Throw the first 6 games out the window. The Dodgers crapped the bed in game 7 at home for all the marbles. The bats laid an egg against beatable pitching. Down 5-0 at home in the top of the 2nd isn’t some insurmountable lead. The Astros had nothing to do with the later playoff meltdowns. As a Laker fan who watched the Shaq/Kobe and Kobe/Pau teams and even watching the 2012-14 LA Kings and seeing these teams win big playoff game after big playoff game. With clutch performance after clutch performance to match it. These Dodger teams have been such a contrast to that come playoff time.

All that said. I hope this World Series goes 7.

Back
Top Bottom