2023 Official MLB Season Thread

I want to know how the Astros have the top lineup heading in to opening day considering they’ll be without Altuve for 2+ months and Alvarez hasn’t picked up a bat all Spring Training? I get they’re defending champs, and that’s certainly the case when they’re all healthy, but they’re far from it.

Hey! Certain beers are now $9!

But seriously, Larry Baer came out and basically slapped the fanbase saying the fans aren't smart enough to understand the current moves the FO made and had to 'explain it' to them. He also said that Opening Day is "tracking to a sell out".

Dude, it will not be a full sellout. No one is going to pay those ticket prices frequently to watch this current lineup from April - July. Their current product sucks. Can't get excited for their farm because there are only a handful of prospects that are worth mentioning. Even with that report coming out yesterday on the Giants being one of the top teams in revenue in addition to their large 'cap' space is terrible. Ownership really seems 'Okay' with putting out a mediocre product and still make revenue.

I still believe that Farhan will be the scapegoat if the Giants have another terrible year. Majority-owner Charles Johnson will continue to be in the news for his political donations to MAGA/Qanon folks. Buster Posey being part of the management group isn't anything other than PR.

I swear if they give the same PC response as to why they couldn't go above and beyond for Ohtani, Imma be pissed.

Going to take my daughter to a game this year and that's it.

Scapegoat? Dude this is his creation. Dodger fans were gassing this fool when he came to SF and has been a massive disappointment. Its his 6th year running the show. Our farm system has had marginal improvement, and our Major League team is no closer to being a contender than it was when he took over. He has had opportunities to trade Major Leaguers for prospects, didnt, and ended up losing them in free agency for nothing. He has lost out on plenty of free agents. We arent rebuilding, we arent competing....we are just stuck in purgatory.

As far as I am concerned, his seat should be scorching hot. If we have another crap season, I am totally in favor of sending him packing.

6kw9lvvek4qa1.jpg

Those are supposed to be available at their clubhouse store 4/1.

Looks like the City Connect schedule so far is:

Rangers 4/17
Reds 5/19
Pirates 6/27

Love this! Just hope he doesn’t become an Astros fan 😂
Oh he's not. Before the season started at the end of last month and found out what team he was on, I told him he wasn't going to like his team name. He asked what it was and I told him it's the Astros. He said Uggghhhh the Astros suck, we should be the Yankees! lol. He's 6 years old fyi :lol:

Anyone have experience with streaming boxes? I just bought a Tanggula Elite Series Max to no longer deal with sports jumping to different streaming services and YTTV dropping MLB.

My mom has something similar and it gets all the NBA games, so I'm thinking it should work for MLB, NFL, etc.

Anyone have experience with streaming boxes? I just bought a Tanggula Elite Series Max to no longer deal with sports jumping to different streaming services and YTTV dropping MLB.

My mom has something similar and it gets all the NBA games, so I'm thinking it should work for MLB, NFL, etc.
If any one has info on this i'd be interested to know how it works and where to get one. Can just PM it to me if it's not alllowed in here.

Oh he's not. Before the season started at the end of last month and found out what team he was on, I told him he wasn't going to like his team name. He asked what it was and I told him it's the Astros. He said Uggghhhh the Astros suck, we should be the Yankees! lol. He's 6 years old fyi :lol:

You’re a HERO and a WONDERFUL dad

Back
Top Bottom