2023 Official MLB Season Thread

IMG_1874.gif
Got the jersey tees of both. Waaaay cheaper, I love both dudes. Good call. 🤙

20230702_204434.jpg

Missouri is a very nasty place.

They were the only slave state above the Mason-Dixon Line.

They have a real nasty history of segregation. (They’re covertly trying to pass segregation laws now).

One of the first states to make abortion illegal last year.

State is deep red conservative Bible Belt, Jesus freak lunatics..
All of that makes sense and I hate every bit of it.

Coming from you makes all of that a lot more... 'credible' (for lack of a better word, even though credibility isn't really the word I'm looking for) than someone saying "Yeah, St. Louis sucks! Go Cubs!" Like, it just feels disingenuous to have someone's sports fandom lead them to hating a rival city's team as opposed to someone who has the sociopolitical acumen & awareness that you do slandering that same city but not out of sports rivalry.

I've lived in so many cities that have claimed to be the most dangerous city in America, like they're bragging about it. I've arrived at the conclusion that there are plenty of metrics for whatever city you live in to be one of the 10 most dangerous cities in the country. There are all kinds of metrics that can be skewed for that to be said about damn near every city in the country. 😂

Depends on how the news channel you watch wants to portray it. I agree, you can make statistics say what you want them to and news channels exploit that. I personally want to go to Detroit...not favorable as far as America presumes, but I have many a folk that feel the opposite. Detroit and Pittsburgh..need to catch ballgames there.

Last edited:
The last time the Mets won a series was when they swept Philly a month ago. Jesus Tapdancing Christ. Now on to Arizona! God help us!

All of that makes sense and I hate every bit of it.

Coming from you makes all of that a lot more... 'credible' (for lack of a better word, even though credibility isn't really the word I'm looking for) than someone saying "Yeah, St. Louis sucks! Go Cubs!" Like, it just feels disingenuous to have someone's sports fandom lead them to hating a rival city's team as opposed to someone with the sociopolitical acumen & awareness that you do slandering that same city but not out of sports rivalry.

You should keep in kind that neither person commenting there has ever even been to St. Louis. I suggest you draw your own opinion based on what you experienced there. I have family there and have visited many times and have never had a bad experience 🤷‍♂️

For... a ballgame... an hour away from the small Illinois town I live in.

Yeah it's not the political statement it seems you're inferring.

Yea that makes sense. It’s a historical ball game.

I know it wasn’t tho. It was also a joke about your picture tho. :lol:

St. Louis “Come visit our Arch” :lol:

I can't blame Sonny.
I Know there are a few Cities I would not pitch in.
Where was the game?

Baltimore, aha.....I used to go to FLORIDA every June for Fam Vacation and that Humidity was not for me, at all..

Baseball players, man :lol:

Kinda related. The 100-pitch thing is so funny to me. There’ll be times where the angels are getting mowed through 6 innings but I know the opposing pitcher will be taken out soon because he has 90 pitched :lol:. Can’t wait for the manager that’s brave enough to consistently let guys throw 110+ if they’ll rolling.

Anyone know if the Marlins are selling the throwback jersey they’ve been wearing this season. Want an Arraez.

While on that page, should I get an Ohtani or Acuña All Star Jersey?

Back
Top Bottom