2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

Man should’ve went ahead and sold the team while Shohei was still there
He’s probably smart to wait for the next sale and go from there. He’s minimized expenditures for now but will reap the benefits of the next new owner resetting the market. The last couple of sales happened during COVID, so he’s not dumb to hold out. Valuations have gone up since then, so let someone else set the market if you’re still making any kind of money and wait it out.

He’s probably smart to wait for the next sale and go from there. He’s minimized expenditures for now but will reap the benefits of the next new owner resetting the market. The last couple of sales happened during COVID, so he’s not dumb to hold out. Valuations have gone up since then, so let someone else set the market if you’re still making any kind of money and wait it out.

I’m assuming that having Shohei under contract (and the potential for new ownership to resign him) makes the valuation through the roof

I’m assuming that having Shohei under contract (and the potential for new ownership to resign him) makes the valuation through the roof
The risk of not resigning him also factors in though, right? Especially when he’s a pending free agent and publicly said he wanted to play for a contender? If you were factoring his value solely into your valuation of buying the Angels, you probably deserve to lose a lot of money.

What could Moreno have done in this situation to make selling the team more feasible? (Other than pushing this process through a year ago when he had two of the biggest players locked down instead of selling the farm to only lose one of those guys within the past few months).

Last edited:
The risk of not resigning him also factors in though, right? Especially when he’s a pending free agent and publicly said he wanted to play for a contender? If you were factoring his value into your valuation of buying the Angels, you probably deserve to lose a lot of money.

Yeah that’s true. Maybe I’m optimistic that a real owner would be able to turn two generational superstars into success and giving him reasons to stay lol. Imagine Ballmer buying the team, paying for legit pitching then offering 100 million a year.

I'm not mad at em at all, just like i ain't give a sh*t when the Yanks did it. I just wanna hear them get the same hate we did forever. This back loaded pay is *******t tho. That's gonna change everything for real. If you're gonna give out that kinda bread you should be required to pay now and not weasel around the system. That's not fair to the small markets for real cause teams like the Dodgers and Yanks will always have that "brand" and the money. These other teams will never be able to compete if it keeps going like this ..

IDK why the a Yankees didn’t match.

Some real sucker **** by ownership and Cashman.

It was obviously between the Yankees and Dodgers the whole time with Yama.
We don’t even know if they had the opportunity to match or counter. It is what it is. Time to move on to next. Sign another top arm and build up the pen.

The Dodgers are def on the list of team #noexcuses.

At least free agency can begin. Will nice to see where the rest of the chips fall.

Red Sox desperately need quality starters but I have a feeling they'll punk out as usual and shop from the Wal-Mart $5 DVD bin.

C'mon man, that was most definitely an attempt to ease some Yankee pain with a laugh ..

And u muthf*ckas are gonna stop puttin me in a grave. I'm a very young 47 on my way to 50 feelin like 20. Jesus christ 50 already :lol: :ohwell:

IMG_0071.gif

Yamamoto enters the MLB in the right place at the right time

This year's free agency market looks meh without Ohtani. Thanks to it that Yamamoto is able to get insane paid

Folks mad about how much the Dodgers are spending need to understand to be more upset at the 15 teams that have spent less than $50M combined so far this offseason. It's damn near 2024, no broke boys should be owning teams. All these folks have money, they just don't want to spend.

Back
Top Bottom