2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

It's clear he wanted to go to LA to play with ohtani... The Mets had the same offer and was just used to drive up the dodgers offer... Don't think it would matter if yanks offered more bread

Yea I don’t think this is “broke boi” Yankees:lol:

They did offer $300 mil to him, who has never pitched in the league. He simply used the Mets to drive up the price and he wanted to be with Ohtani. Which is kind of funny because there were reports of him not wanting to play little brother during meetings.

So unless Yamamoto completely bombs or gets injured, it’s essentially a 6 year contract at way less than the reported $27mill a year

1703274749673.gif

It’s absolutely broke bois Yankees.

You find out how much the Mets offered which is all you really needed to do because you know the Mets are would give him the most.

Then you match it.

Cashman and Hal should be embarrassed.

Seems like he was just using the yankees as leverage tbh. He was never gonna play over there. He wanted to play with Shotime but also wanted to get PAID. Played his cards perfeftly.

Giancarlo, hicks, DJ just to name a few...it's one thing if your game has declined but once you become injury prone your pretty much useless and untradeable

It’s absolutely broke bois Yankees.

You find out how much the Mets offered which is all you really needed to do because you know the Mets are would give him the most.

Then you match it.

Cashman and Hal should be embarrassed.
Should’ve just went all in. The extra $25 doesn’t even that much when the contract is backloaded and Yamamoto is 95% opting out after year 6.

$20-25mm a year for his age 26-31 seasons?

1703291821426.gif

I said this before the off-season but I was concerned that Ohtani would use the Mets to drive up his price. The Mets didn’t really get used by Ohtani but rather by Yamamoto. I don’t think Yams would have went to the Mets even if they went to $500 mill. LA is perfect for a Japanese player. NYC has a lot of baggage, even if it’s the Yanks over the Mets. I figured Ohtani would have a specific number and if LA met that number, he would go there even if the Mets offered more.

^ he didnt want to come to NY period... yanks coulda offered 330 and he still woulda went to LA... like I said mets had the same offer as LA and he still chose them over the mets...sometimes money doesnt guarantee you anything... didnt judge get better offers from other teams last year in free agency and still resigned?

Last edited:
^ he didnt want to come to NY period... yanks coulda offered 330 and he still woulda went to LA... like I said mets had the same offer as LA and he still chose them over the mets...sometimes money doesnt guarantee you anything... didnt judge get better offers from other teams last year in free agency and still resigned?
Padres offered $400 mil. Which in hindsight is kind of funny considering their money problems now lol.

The Yankees offered Yamamoto a higher average annual value than the Dodgers, an earlier opt-out and more money in the first five years. He wanted LA.

Should’ve just went all in. The extra $25 doesn’t even that much when the contract is backloaded and Yamamoto is 95% opting out after year 6.

$20-25mm a year for his age 26-31 seasons?

1703291821426.gif

Really embarrassing for the Yankees.

Going to even be more embarrassing when Soto leaves for nothing a year from now.

He didn’t need the Yankees to drive up the price.

Steve Cohen already did that.

It was only between the Yankees and Dodgers. So in that ****ing case you match by any means and live with the results.

They didn’t match, hence they got cheap.

Back
Top Bottom