2023 Official MLB Season Thread

I don’t get the move with Donaldson... Something is up

$23m... :smh: :smh:

Thats exactly what he was making in arbitration this past season.

Qualifying offers are now $17.9mil. So $23 mil isnt that much more considering the numbers Donaldsons put up

from SNY...

Andy Martino, SNY.tv | Twitter |

Earlier today, we reported that the Mets and Mariners were both "aggressive" in Robinson Cano trade talks. Since then, we've been able to gather more specifics about the structure of a potential deal.

Per major league sources, here are the basic parameters of what the teams are discussing: Cano would go to the Mets, and Seattle would pay approximately $10 million annually of the $120 million owed to Cano over the next five years. That would take Cano's annual salary down to about $14 million.

The Mets are also trying to get Seattle to take on a burdensome contract like Jay Bruce's, and obtain a player like Edwin Diaz or Mitch Haniger.

If this all seems too good to be true for the Mets, it might be. It all depends on how desperate Seattle is to move Cano.

But rival officials see the Mariners in a tough spot, needing to move Cano and finding few trade partners. The Mets are interested, and Cano, who holds a no-trade clause, was once represented by none other than Mets GM Brodie Van Wagenen. It was Van Wagenen and Jay-Z who helped make Cano a very rich man.

If the Mets acquire Cano, they could play him at second this year, move Jeff McNeil to third, and see if Peter Alonso can handle first base. If Cano needs to move to first in a few years, the team could worry about that later.

Stay tuned.

If thats the deal......then count me in.

from SNY...

Andy Martino, SNY.tv | Twitter |

Earlier today, we reported that the Mets and Mariners were both "aggressive" in Robinson Cano trade talks. Since then, we've been able to gather more specifics about the structure of a potential deal.

Per major league sources, here are the basic parameters of what the teams are discussing: Cano would go to the Mets, and Seattle would pay approximately $10 million annually of the $120 million owed to Cano over the next five years. That would take Cano's annual salary down to about $14 million.

The Mets are also trying to get Seattle to take on a burdensome contract like Jay Bruce's, and obtain a player like Edwin Diaz or Mitch Haniger.

If this all seems too good to be true for the Mets, it might be. It all depends on how desperate Seattle is to move Cano.

But rival officials see the Mariners in a tough spot, needing to move Cano and finding few trade partners. The Mets are interested, and Cano, who holds a no-trade clause, was once represented by none other than Mets GM Brodie Van Wagenen. It was Van Wagenen and Jay-Z who helped make Cano a very rich man.

If the Mets acquire Cano, they could play him at second this year, move Jeff McNeil to third, and see if Peter Alonso can handle first base. If Cano needs to move to first in a few years, the team could worry about that later.

Stay tuned.

If thats the deal......then count me in.

Woah. This is interesting.

That sounds beyond bad, packaging Diaz or Haniger just to rid yourself of Cano's contract (which you'll eat a portion of to boot) is a terrible idea
mjlol.png

Hell for $10mil off a year. I’d take Cano for Ellsbury swap and give them some prospects if I were the Yankees.

The A’s new ballpark renderings are nuts :lol:

Hope they finally get a new park though.

Looks dope but it’s time to make this thing a reality. They have moved there front office headquarters to that area so hopefully this thing happens.

I'm wondering how they are going to build the other stuff on the existing Coliseum grounds, wouldn't they have to buy the land from the county? It is a cool idea, though.

Not a knock on A’s fan, but they don’t deserve a new stadium. Just like the Marlins didn’t deserve one. Just like the rays don’t deserve one.

Brand new stadium, **** load of money to build, and they’re still gonna yield 8,000 fans per game.

^^^
I feel like some of the best baseball fans I know are A's fans though. At the end of the day, with the Raiders leaving and the Warriors moving to SF, Oakland deserves a damn new stadium. I got family in Richmond and some good friends in Oakland who love their teams, especially the A's. IMO, they're one of the most underrated MLB franchises and their frugal moneyball approach hasn't necessarily helped entice fans to what is currently an extremely outdated facility.

Not a knock on A’s fan, but they don’t deserve a new stadium. Just like the Marlins didn’t deserve one. Just like the rays don’t deserve one.

Brand new stadium, **** load of money to build, and they’re still gonna yield 8,000 fans per game.
A’s management yielded 8,000 fans per night. After 20 years of trading players that could have had us in the playoffs year in and year out, it’s been tough to invest time and money into them. Tough to support when we were basically a farm system to the league.

New management has my intrigue and interest just as much as the great young talent we got on the squad now.

Back
Top Bottom