2023 Official MLB Season Thread

society sadly dont care man

they prescribing fentanyl to cancer patients i believe

****s a huge epidemic here in philly

im so sick of this MLB.TV commercial with the quadruplets

driving me insane in the headphone lol

I know about Fentanyl in the dope... Didn't know about it in pill form.

Same. I always knew it could be laced in coke and heroin, but didn’t know these pharmecydicals actually prescribed that ****. I’m assuming it’s a stronger form of OxyContin, which is wild to even fathom

There’s not a team doc that’s going to prescribe fentanyl. Fentanyl is typically given post operatively due to its very short half life. Patches are typically the only prescription that would given as an outpatient prescription, and that’s for people with chronic pain. Active athletes wouldn’t be given that by a team doc.

So I don’t believe he got anything like that from the team Dr but I’m sure they’re able to get whatever they want from other sources pretty easily like アミーゴ アミーゴ said.

If he knowingly took that stuff with oxy and booze he had to have known he was setting himself up for disaster.

Hate to see it.

I understand where Skaggs' family is coming from, and there will definitley be an investigation which will lead to firings and a possible lawsuit....but Skaggs had to WANT the opioids and he made the decision to find someone within the org to get him what he wanted.

I’m assuming it’s a stronger form of OxyContin, which is wild to even fathom

Definitely stronger. 80-100x stronger than morphine actually. It's usually prescribed for folks when oxycodone doesn't work for them any longer. Comes in patch form too.

OxyContin and Percocet are just brand names for varieties of oxycodone. Oxycontin is extended release and Percocet is immediate and contains acetaminophen (same sh*t you find in OTC drugs). Both come in various strengths.

Perc 30's were big around here in the early 2000's. I think all those folks graduated to shooting dope though.

Fentanyl is killing everyone though, especially on this side of the country

han-2015-10-26-fentanyl-reports-in-nflis-by-state-july-december2014.jpg

Last edited:
This is essentially what i was hearing from a couple players in the org. The fact that it took so long to come out let me know it was more than likely true.

I understand where Skaggs' family is coming from, and there will definitley be an investigation which will lead to firings and a possible lawsuit....but Skaggs had to WANT the opioids and he made the decision to find someone within the org to get him what he wanted.
Skaggs is an adult and can say no.

But just like a lot of old retired ex professional players, they’re gonna blame MLB and their team medical staff, and sue MLB/Angels.

It’s a sad situation. But of course the family will sue and get a big payout from MLB/Angels.

If a junky can get any drugs they want, just imagine a guy with the power/money/access of a professional athlete can get their hands on

Skaggs is an adult and can say no.

But just like a lot of old retired ex professional players, they’re gonna blame MLB and their team medical staff, and sue MLB/Angels.

It’s a sad situation. But of course the family will sue and get a big payout from MLB/Angels.

If a junky can get any drugs they want, just imagine a guy with the power/money/access of a professional athlete can get their hands on

What I was saying was I don't think it was so much someone within the Angels org offering Skaggs...it was rather Skaggs having someone in the Angels org getting him what he wanted.

Back
Top Bottom