2023 Official MLB Season Thread

that was when the first apple watch came out. did it really have the tech to do what it claims that early on? lol

When Major League Baseball investigated the Yankees and Red Sox for electronic sign stealing in 2017, the league interviewed outfielder Chris Young multiple times.

According to two people briefed on those interviews, MLB concluded that Young and the Red Sox were using Apple Watches to convey sequences during games that year -- and that there were no credible allegations about the Yankees doing the same when Young and Carlos Beltran were on the team.

It's important to note that before commissioner Rob Manfred warned teams about electronic sign stealing in a memo issued on Sept. 15, 2017, these behaviors were not explicitly illegal. Young is not at risk for any discipline.

The scandal resurfaced on Tuesday when veteran writer Peter Gammons said on a radio show that Young told him, "I started the whole Apple Watch thing. I got it from when I was with the Yankees."

Reached by SNY, Young denied ever saying that and declined further comment. Gammons later issued a retraction on Twitter.

Multiple sources told SNY that Young was a leader of what became the Red Sox Apple Watch scheme in 2017. One eyewitness laid out how it worked: Early in the season, Young gathered teammates and taught them how to decode a catcher's sequences. This served as a team-bonding exercise, and many Red Sox got into it.

giphy.gif

Young also wanted to return to the Yanks but the Yanks didn't want to give him the money he was looking for. I could see it being a spite thing as well.

There’s just something about baseball. My Rams and Clippers are better than my Angels but I just get more excited come baseball season. Excited to see Maddon do some weird **** with Shoehi. Start him, Play him in the outfield for two innings, bring him back in as the pitcher for the 8th. Put him back in LF for the 9th.

I’m so ****ing done with the Wilpons and the Mets. I swear these ****ing ****s have no spine at all. They need to be ****ing banned from baseball. I despise them and will continue us to be boycotting the Mets financially. **** them. Stupid dumb rich privileged **** rag ****ing ****s.

Back
Top Bottom