2023 Official MLB Season Thread

I'm thinking it'll be Alex Verdugo, Tony Gonsolon, and either Keibert Ruiz or Will Smith (catchers); Dodgers would need to eat the rest of Price's contract. I want this to happen so bad, but I'm prepared to be crushed if SD ends up getting him.

According to John Heyman, Dodgers wont include Lux or May in any trade for Betts.

That will probably hold it up. Don't really blame LA though. Betts is a flight risk. So if they trade for him and they don't win the WS or he doesn't re-sign...that's a bad hit. Is that recent? I thought they didn't want to trade Lux to a "rival."

Sounds like the Sox are creating a bidding war between SD-LA.

I'm thinking it'll be Alex Verdugo, Tony Gonsolon, and either Keibert Ruiz or Will Smith (catchers); Dodgers would need to eat the rest of Price's contract. I want this to happen so bad, but I'm prepared to be crushed if SD ends up getting him.
I’ll allow it.

That will probably hold it up. Don't really blame LA though. Betts is a flight risk. So if they trade for him and they don't win the WS or he doesn't re-sign...that's a bad hit. Is that recent? I thought they didn't want to trade Lux to a "rival."

Sounds like the Sox are creating a bidding war between SD-LA.

got that update on my phone minutes after you posted that Jon Heyman tweet.

Untitled.png

To eat Prices deal, the Red Sox will have to drop their demand of Lux and May. If no Price, then yeah, but to them to take Price, you have to give in on prospects

To eat Prices deal, the Red Sox will have to drop their demand of Lux and May. If no Price, then yeah, but to them to take Price, you have to give in on prospects

they can have Joc or some mid level guys instead. Or Ruiz (IIRC he's not rumored to be part of the deal). Took so long to get out of the repeater tax, not trying to screw that up for a possible rental.

Last time we dumped salary on LA, we unintentionally won the world series the next year. Who knows :lol:
Remember that trade like it was yesterday, had everyone in my office shook because of A-Gon. Y’all won the WS, but it also helped LA get into a streak of post season appearances the following season so I’m not mad.

Remember that trade like it was yesterday, had everyone in my office shook because of A-Gon. Y’all won the WS, but it also helped LA get into a streak of post season appearances the following season so I’m not mad.

It was also when Magic Johnson had input, so I'd be more confident this time around if I were a dodger fan :lol:

Back
Top Bottom