2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

Lol, not sure why there's confusion. He f*cks with Altuve even after robbing his teammate of the MVP.

“In Venezuela, Altuve is a hero,” Torres told ESPN’s Marly Rivera. “I don’t want to say that during the (2017) regular season, he didn’t put up his numbers or what he did is not real. I really believe that everything he has done is legal."

And then he goes on to say if he did do it he doesn’t feel good? Don’t paraphrase lmao.

And then he goes on to say if he did do it he doesn’t feel good? Don’t paraphrase lmao.

Paraphrase? I copy/pasted the exact quote. He's clearly caping for Altuve because he's his homie. And it sounds like you're caping for Torres. It is what it is. He called Altuve legit, when the whole world knows he ain't.

"I really believe that everything he has done is legal." If that ain't defending him...then alrighty :lol:

Attachments

• 78E7D0E7-DF22-4450-87D8-6273499C0BD5.jpeg
    78E7D0E7-DF22-4450-87D8-6273499C0BD5.jpeg
    173.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 4C750090-847E-4296-A33C-2EB4DEB5B7EF.jpeg
    4C750090-847E-4296-A33C-2EB4DEB5B7EF.jpeg
    159 KB · Views: 129
Paraphrase? I copy/pasted the exact quote. He's clearly caping for Altuve because he's his homie. And it sounds like you're caping for Torres. It is what it is. He called Altuve legit, when the whole world knows he ain't.

"I really believe that everything he has done is legal." If that ain't defending him...then alrighty :lol:

Caping for who? I’m a Twins fan lol. Don’t assume things - he clearly says if he’s cheating than that “doesn’t make him feel good inside.” Not sure where the miss is on your part there?

The difference with the monitors is theyre on a delay, as the rules allow, so that is legal, as long as theres a delay. The astros flat out cheated by using a system no other team has yet been caught using, so no, there is no blurry anything. They cheated, and just because some other teams might have, doesnt absolve them from the title of cheaters.

The difference with the monitors is theyre on a delay, as the rules allow, so that is legal, as long as theres a delay. The astros flat out cheated by using a system no other team has yet been caught using, so no, there is no blurry anything. They cheated, and just because some other teams might have, doesnt absolve them from the title of cheaters.

so that’s why all the players explicitly said “real time” video when describing the cheating. TIL

Caping for who? I’m a Twins fan lol. Don’t assume things - he clearly says if he’s cheating than that “doesn’t make him feel good inside.” Not sure where the miss is on your part there?

Not assuming anything. Doesn't really matter who you're a fan of. I'm a fan of the Celtics and I cape for the 76ers and Lakers often. Completely irrelevant.

"I don't want to say that during the (2017) regular season he didn’t put up his numbers or what he did is not real. I really believe that everything he has done is legal. But in some situations, I think about what the team did, and the use of a camera and everything, and it doesn't really feel very good.”

He couldn't be any clearer. He actually sounds even dumber because he's sort of implicating the Astros WHILE absolving Altuve in the same breath.

Me "missing" is funny though, when the dude LITERALLY said he's believes everything Altuve has done is legal :lol:

Also, the link you posted is his comments regarding 2018-2019, the ones I posted were about 2017. So it's even funnier that he actually doubles down and questions whether or not Altuve cheated in 2018-2019 when the can banging and shirt thing were right in front of our eyes, lol.
“But if he do all the stuff he do it is not fair. I have a really good relationship with Altuve but inside I don’t feel good.”

Yikes. Playing both sides of the fence.

Last edited:
getback getback that is EXACTLY my point - he says if he did do it it makes him sick. You refuse to bring that part up lol.

Regarding leagues where do we stand??

getback getback that is EXACTLY my point - he says if he did do it it makes him sick. You refuse to bring that part up lol.

Like I said, you posted about 2018-2019 when he questions what they did.

In his comments about 2017 which I posted where he defends him, he said what Altuve did was legal, but IN SOME SITUATIONS thinks about what the TEAM did and doesn't feel very good.

In other words: the Astros cheated, but Altuve’s numbers are legit and he earned the AL MVP. Like I said, both sides of the fence.

But for some reason I'm fake news :lol:

Bellinger kept it a buck, Markakis kept it a buck. Most players did. Torres trying to mince words and separate Altuve from the rest because of their origin. Shameful.

So would Fiers not be a snitch if he talked when it was happening? I can understand more of an outrage if that were the case. He’s literally talking about past clubhouse stuff instead of his present situation. If somebody is more upset about Fiers breaking an unwritten code than cheating athletes breaking actual written laws, it says a lot about them.

While Fiers isn’t perfect, of course he’d be more upset now. He has to face Houston’s cheating batters knowing he’d be at a disadvantage, thus messing up his numbers. It’s like in football where opposing teams trade for/sign certain players to try and get insights on their former teams’ game plan. You can’t expect professional sports to be a business but be upset when a former play you didn’t want to play/pay leaves to another team and spills the beans.

getback getback he didn’t go all in and used the innocent until proven guilty play on one individual. Not close to Ortiz lol

He defended him, by calling his 2017 legit when he's already been proven guilty in several seasons of work. Ortiz is irrelevant. He's also wrong. All these players defending and being diplomatic about it are caping.

So would Fiers not be a snitch if he talked when it was happening? I can understand more of an outrage if that were the case. He’s literally talking about past clubhouse stuff instead of his present situation. If somebody is more upset about Fiers breaking an unwritten code than cheating athletes breaking actual written laws, it says a lot about them.

While Fiers isn’t perfect, of course he’d be more upset now. He has to face Houston’s cheating batters knowing he’d be at a disadvantage, thus messing up his numbers. It’s like in football where opposing teams trade for/sign certain players to try and get insights on their former teams’ game plan. You can’t expect professional sports to be a business but be upset when a former play you didn’t want to play/pay leaves to another team and spills the beans.
Its really funny when you consider Fiers has been talking to his teams, detroit and Oakland, about it and warning them. The A's went to MLB with claims, but they couldnt or just didnt do anything. He just didnt pop up talking about it, hes been on em. How much more integrity is mlb gonna lose over protecting the integrity of the astros?

Mlb warned the astros about their cheating, too, which is why it was the max punishment. Fiers was the first to point out how, and the evidence was already all over, including that astros dvd.

He defended him, by calling his 2017 legit when he's already been proven guilty in several seasons of work. Ortiz is irrelevant. He's also wrong. All these players defending and being diplomatic about it are caping.

on a couple of those pitches, the whistle was before maeda even confirmed the pitch though. also, the "charge whistle" was used on an offspeed kershaw pitch, but also used on a maeda fastball down the pipe.

on the jansen pitches they say "whistle right before the pitch". why the **** would they whistle so late lol. wouldn't they do it right after the pitch was called like they did for the other batters earlier?

on fiers, i don't care that he called it out. good for him. let's clean all of it up.

Back
Top Bottom