2023 Official MLB Season Thread

Bauer is one of those dudes, man. I appreciate him from here, but I know he's someone who would get on my damn nerve if I had to be around him all the time.

He's that dude where you're glad there's heat on someone else cause otherwise, he's petty as hell in the locker room and calling out everyone's ****...incessantly. Folks like that annoying as heck. :lol:

I already know Griffin Canning is gonna eventually need Tommy John. Angels fans can’t have nice things besides Trout :frown:

Yelich wasn't going to be an Unrestricted Free Agent until 2023 and it appeared he wasn't going to gamble, instead going for that guaranteed money now. Hats off to him if he's happy where he's at and just wants security. If his performance somewhat holds up, Brewers can trade him a little easier in the future. CBA is in 2021 too, so I'm sure he/his agent considered potential cons of waiting as well.

End of the day, it's a bargain for the Brewers. Probably could've been MVP last season too if he didn't get hurt.

From Rosenthal's piece in The Athletic:

"Yelich, 28, currently is owed $12.5 million this season and $14 million next season with a $15 million club option. His new deal will eliminate the club option, and add seven years, bringing the total value to the $215 million range, sources said.

Some of the money will be deferred, and the average annual value for those seven years would be in the $27 million range, still below-market value for a player of Yelich’s caliber. Angels center fielder Mike Trout currently is baseball’s highest-paid position player at $35.541 million per season. Angels third baseman Anthony Rendon is next at $35 million... "

Yea he’s marketable. 2018 NL MVP, 2019 runner up, led the NL in batting average last year. Guys a top 3-5 OF in MLB.

Brewers'll trade him to the Yankees or Dodgers in two years.

I can already see the "Yelich wants to go back to SoCal and the Dodgers have some of the best prospects to offer" narratives haha!

Not sure if Betts stays put after this season, but I can't even imagine an outfield of Yelich, Bellinger, and Betts. Good Lord, The Outfield.

Back
Top Bottom