2023 Official MLB Season Thread

1698720998695.png

somehow calls 2 a ball and 5 a strike. just give us the robots already.

Um a while back towards the beginning of the season? This isn’t new information with the A’s. This has been set up/planned for the majority of the season.

My guy in the org said likely no Bombi tonight... Lefty on the mount means Grossman probably starts in his place.

Tomorrow contingent on how he feels/today's result.

Strike zone was all over the place all night long :lol: Lots of pitches just like P5 there got called strikes. The low/away corners like P2 were balls. It was weird.
it just doesn't make sense to me that we have the technology to get it right, but we refuse to use it. even implementing the quick batter's challenge that i've seen clips of seems to work. I also realize we're not talking about a lot of calls over the course of the game, but when we have technology to make it 100% accurate and we refuse it, i don't get it. it's like the NFL using 50 year old dudes to guess where the runner got to, or where a punt went out of bounds, when baseball, soccer, tennis, etc have high tech cams and lasers to tell us exactly where the ball is at any given time :lol:

When did Fisher get a plan in place to build a stadium let alone bypass the environmental tests for the suggested location?
Nevada already approved and I think the ownership approval may be needed before they really need to start having concrete plans to build. Shovels won't be in the ground for years, they'll likely be playing at that Triple A ballpark until it's ready (which is crazy AF).

Nevada already approved and I think the ownership approval may be needed before they really need to start having concrete plans to build. Shovels won't be in the ground for years, they'll likely be playing at that Triple A ballpark until it's ready (which is crazy AF).
I remember the vote passing months ago and thinking how this is ridiculous. They haven’t done any tests or presented any figures on how much the stadium is going to cost or how much the taxpayers are going to have to come out of pocket and it still passed. Talk about a rush to judgment.

It’s crazy, but let’s not forget that the Chargers recently had to play in a 30k soccer stadium for a few years before SoFi was built.

Last edited:
it just doesn't make sense to me that we have the technology to get it right, but we refuse to use it. even implementing the quick batter's challenge that i've seen clips of seems to work. I also realize we're not talking about a lot of calls over the course of the game, but when we have technology to make it 100% accurate and we refuse it, i don't get it. it's like the NFL using 50 year old dudes to guess where the runner got to, or where a punt went out of bounds, when baseball, soccer, tennis, etc have high tech cams and lasers to tell us exactly where the ball is at any given time :lol:
Completely agree - we'll get there.

But it's gonna be after the game being dragged kicking and screaming.

Those two being gone are obviously huge, DBacks have a legitimate chance here…

sucks for adolis. was having a historic postseason. still think that lineup is deep enough to pull it off, but losing his bat is a massive blow for sure.

Back
Top Bottom