2023 Official MLB Season Thread

So basically you’re saying saying someone like Ohtani would be bad because of having Stanton

…. Good thing you got Stanton way back then.

The Angels completely turned Ohtani off to American Baseball, the pastime!

"Sleazy" is a 33 yr old El Salvadoran male that was born and raised in Los Angeles. He and his family moved to Chicago six years ago. He's a huge Raiders, Lakers, Arsenal, and Cubs fan.

Screenshot_20231208_210151_Messages.jpg

So basically you’re saying saying someone like Ohtani would be bad because of having Stanton

…. Good thing you got Stanton way back then.
I don't think anyone is saying Ohtani would be bad but the Yankees aren't going to just swallow $30m a year to bench Stanton while paying Ohtani $50m a year. So while he's amazing, the Yankees were a longshot at best bc it's a bad fit. Adding Soto and Yamamoto makes way more sense in regards to roster construction.

I don't think anyone is saying Ohtani would be bad but the Yankees aren't going to just swallow $30m a year to bench Stanton while paying Ohtani $50m a year. So while he's amazing, the Yankees were a longshot at best bc it's a bad fit. Adding Soto and Yamamoto makes way more sense in regards to roster construction.
Price doesn’t matter if you’re them! You got to get Ohtani and suffer the consequences.

I’m just trying to be the Yankees quote lawyer in this cryptic situation where you can land the best FA of all time maybe, if you’re any team. Current circumstances don’t matter.

He maybe had no interest always in *some* of these giant teams, as it seems like he’s been turned off to several of them on both coasts, where I wasn’t aware of some of this: animosity. Unclear.

The defense if you’re the Dodgers or Yanks imo. This whole thing is pretty weird.

your right price doesnt matter... but its all about fit really...the yankees already have an overpaid dh in stanton and cant afford to pay him just to sit on the bench... I'm not saying stanton>ohtani... Im saying no reason to get ohtani just for the sake of it if the fit is not right...besides I dont think ohtani likes NY in general... he never considered the yankees or mets when he entered the mlb... and now the mets with the deepest pockets in the league are not even in consideration...

I’ve never seen such a farce of no favorites :lol: love it as a Twins non contender even tho Toronto’s just as cold 🥶

I have followed all beat writers and bloggers for the Angels, Dodgers, Giants, and Jays in no particular order.

Reactions: HIM
I hit up my boy Chris who is born and raised in chicago. Season ticket holder for the cubs for 25 years now. This is what he said.

IMG_0768.jpeg

Didn’t expect this. Guess it must be LA after all because of this text. It must be real.

:rofl: :rofl::rofl:

Back
Top Bottom