2023 Official MLB Season Thread

Honestly feels like Nike is mailing it in until their contract ends. Seeming more likely that UA or NB picks up the rights next.

This is Nike’s fault, but likely a consequence of allowing Fanatics to produce the jersey. Fanatics merch SUCKS.

Does Nike have any production facilities in the states? I don’t think they do that’s why they’ve been using the old majestic one that fanatics absorbed, so they can pump supply/product to teams. Wonder if this makes them open up their own facility. I don’t think they’d want to give up the l license.

Imo Rendon is just saying the quiet part out loud in terms of what a lot of professional athletes think. He’s just not the person who should be the messenger.

But this is also the same guy who was complaining a few weeks back about the mlb season being too long despite playing so rarely he’s managed to make Ben Simmons look like a model example of a reliable player. Self awareness isn’t his strength.

And for context, he’s totally right for putting family first. But to say baseball has never been a top priority is wild. No one is saying it has to be his number 1 priority before anything else. But something which allows you to provide a luxurious lifestyle for your family while providing generational wealth for them should be some type of priority.

And yeah I know he earned his contract by playing very well. But I wonder how those meetings with the Angels went a few years back lol.

Nike destroying each major sports jerseys one league at a time.

NFL jerseys garbage but so were the Reebok jerseys.

NBA jerseys garbage, material is cheap and trash.

Now they’ve come to ruin MLB jerseys. Raise the price and make them trash.

Maybe in a few years when NHL’s contract is up, they’ll takeover and trash those jerseys as well.

Back
Top Bottom