2024 NBA Draft Thread - SUMMER LEAGUE JULY 6TH

Cam Johnson better shooter than Herro today.

Last year shot 2% better from 2 than Herro and 10% better from 3. Not trying to fire shots or say Cam is better or will be better in the league. But right now this second, Cam Johnson a better shooter than Tyler Herro. Man shot 46% from 3 this year. Shot off the dribble and catch and shoot.

He is older with more experience than Herro and did have years in college where he shot worse than Herro's freshman year.

Cam Johnson is 23, Tyler Herro is 19...

Herro was taking a harder level of degree with his three's, more off the dribble, and he the only plus shooter on his whole roster.

Cam had Coby White serving him open three's. Be real here man.

Herro the best shooter in the draft and it isn't particuarly close imo. Percentages (especially in college) don't tell the whole story. We saw this with Trae last year.

Cam Johnson is 23, Tyler Herro is 19...

Herro was taking a harder level of degree with his three's, more off the dribble, and he the only plus shooter on his whole roster.

Cam had Coby White serving him open three's. Be real here man.

Herro the best shooter in the draft and it isn't particuarly close imo. Percentages (especially in college) don't tell the whole story. We saw this with Trae last year.

Did I not talk about the age? Talk about the player?

Higher difficulty? Show me the scout tape you compared lol

Culver's 3 point shooting

November & December: 45.2% on 44 3PA's

January - April: 25.2% on 119 3PA's

All this shooter talk and no love for my dude Kyle Guy :smh:
Honestly don't know if he will be a good pro or not but I like him :lol:

Doesn't seem like a natural shooting motion. Really slow & holds it at the top too long.
The wind up is super long... He's gonna have to get the ball up quicker, for sure... The hitch at the top isn't awful if he isn't winding up before he gets there.

Herro’s wingspan sucks but at least he can make up for it a little with his athleticism and motor. Don’t think he’ll be an all-star and might not even be a bonafide starter, but I’d be completely shocked if he weren’t a good rotation player for a long time. Feel like that’s all you can really ask for outside the lottery.

Speaking of shooters...thoughts on Max Strus? Think he could be a solid player for a second rounder.

Sure that skill is worth a lotto pick?
kid can score the ball...to the rack, off the dribble and from behind the 3. Factor in last year was really his first time really playing full time pg. there’s a lot of potential. Personally I think he’s suspect as hell driving and finishing left.

Back
Top Bottom