2024 NBA Draft Thread - the hawks might be on the clock

What awesome wing defenders don't have a wingspan in the 7ft region though?

Jaylen Brown- 7'
Jayson Tatum- 6'11"
Kawhi Leonard- 7'3"
Paul George- 6'11"
Jon Isaac- 7'
Ben Simmons- 7'
Matisse Thybulle- 7'
Pascal Siakam- 7'3"
OG Anunoby- 7'2"

At 6'8.5", Okoro is more in line with Marcus Smart and Kris Dunn who are both at 6'9". Both of those guys are great defenders, but they also have the ability to run an offense too. Don't think Okoro is doing that.

This could absolutely be a case of me being overly critical, but when I don't think he's really going to contribute much of anything offensively, I feel like I have to be. The whole point of drafting him top 10 (where pretty much everyone has him) is because they think he can be an elite defender.

Last edited:
This is a tough one. Assuming Drummond opts in and Love stays although TT will most likely leave I love Wiseman here.

Obi the Dayton boy. I love him too.

however .... Drummond. Love. Nance.zizic. Maybe TT

garland. Sexton.Cedi. Wilder.

THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS SELECT....

JAMES WISEMAN, C, MEMPHIS.

1. Golden State Warriors - Anthony Edwards
2. Minnesota T'Wolves - LaMelo Ball
3. Charlotte Hornets - Killian Hayes
4. Chicago Bulls - Isaac Okoro
5. Cleveland Cavaliers - James Wiseman

The Atlanta Hawks ( ill steelo ill steelo ) are on the clock.

Feel like Cleveland ideally wants KPJ to be able to be their Starting PG. He and Sexton could work because KPJ has the size to guard 2s and Sexton can defend PGs. Bring Garland off the bench.

Cavs could definitely use a wing, but I don't think there's one that has a high enough upside in which it would be worth taking one over Wiseman.

Irl Hayes would be my ideal pick for Detroit. I don’t know how legit that German league is but he pops (More than cole imo)

eel like Cleveland ideally wants KPJ to be able to be their Starting SG. He and Garland could work because KPJ has the size to guard 2s and Garland can defend PGs. Bring Sexton off the bench.
Other than passing I guess, I don't know if there's a single other thing that Darius Garland does better than Collin Sexton on a basketball court. Could certainly get better though.

Sexton’s best role is a scoring pg on a good team...He can start for you but then you’d probly be tanking or end up terrible...He’s too small start off the ball and can’t pass or make plays for others at the PG spot

IDK if Garland is good tho but the Cavs wouldn’t have taking yo if they didn’t have questions about Sextons role cuz they can’t play together

Sexton’s best role is a scoring pg on a good team...He can start for you but then you’d probly be tanking or end up terrible...He’s too small start off the ball and can’t pass or make plays for others at the PG spot

IDK if Garland is good tho but the Cavs wouldn’t have taking yo if they didn’t have questions about Sextons role cuz they can’t play together
Sexton isn't a Point Guard. They were playing him out of position prior to drafting Garland. Best situation for Sexton would be alongside a jumbo PG like Luka (or Lamelo in the case of this draft), where he could defend opposing PGs.

They should just go BPA long as it’s not a center
Problem is, at this point, BPA is probably Haliburton (who addict4sneakers addict4sneakers doesn't like) and Okongwu/Wiseman. If they think one of the bigs can be really good, they should just take them. Capela has a moveable contract. Could just send him elsewhere.

Sexton isn't a Point Guard. They were playing him out of position prior to drafting Garland. Best situation for Sexton would be alongside a jumbo PG like Luka (or Lamelo in the case of this draft), where he could defend opposing PGs.

Problem is, at this point, BPA is probably Haliburton (who addict4sneakers addict4sneakers doesn't like) and Okongwu/Wiseman. If they think one of the bigs can be really good, they should just take them. Capela has a moveable contract. Could just send him elsewhere.
They probly wanna hang on to Capela, he ain’t even play for em so should probly see what they got there...Plus they knew they would be picking high in this draft and still chose to make a trade for 2 centers, coulda did nothin and picked one of these prospects if they really wanted

Management messed up that position and back up ball handlers last offseason so they been trying to make up since

The Atlanta Hawks select Onyeka Okongwu.

Trae is a generational offensive talent, 30 & 10 at 21 years old but he’s playing 35 mins a night as arguably the worst defender in the sport. Guys 2-5 need to range from great to elite on that end and I need my 4 & 5 to be able to switch.

Projects to be an elite rim protector day 1, has all the tools to be an all-around monstrous presence on that end of the floor, and should be able to handle switches better than Capela. On the other end, he has the hands, bounce, & touch to be a great roll man, though playmaking in 4-3 scenarios off of Trae traps will take time.

Was thisclose to committing to 5 out & 120+ppg a night & going Toppin, also thought about Deni here but opted for shoring up the other end instead.

I’m obviously moving Capela for a wing. TBD.

Back
Top Bottom