2024 NBA Draft Thread - the hawks might be on the clock

sac.PNG

Great unecessary skills to have. He’s like a KP but more fluid. Took KP a couple of years to start having some sauce, then injuries came and it was a wrap.

Injuries gonna be the only red flag for the French kid.

Great unecessary skills to have. He’s like a KP but more fluid. Took KP a couple of years to start having some sauce, then injuries came and it was a wrap.

Injuries gonna be the only red flag for the French kid.

Yah i dunno
the point of being 7'3 is you don't need all these fancy guard moves.

it's just turning easy shots into hard ones for no reason.

Dirk didn't need all this, Webenyama would be much better off modeling his game after hm
instead of doing all these KD, Kyrie dribble moves.

And Porzingis is another example of a guy

who would have been much better off shooting a basic *** hook shot.

But everyone wants to be gaurd today.

Does the kid actually play like that in-game though?

From the highlights, I have seen he seems to play like a regular big man

I mean it is a couple of seconds of dribbling in a workout. Maybe he works on it to help his coordination and have something in his bag if he ever needs it.

But he doesn't seem to be outchea trying to be Kyrie

And Porzingis is another example of a guy

who would have been much better off shooting a basic *** hook shot.

But everyone wants to be gaurd today.

Not gonna be mad at a player for wanting to expand his game if they are capable of it. Everyone is talented af today so the more versatile you are the better you can help out the team. Were not in the era of basic hook shots anymore.

Sure you don’t have to do crossovers as a 7 footer, but if you’re capable im not stopping you. As long it’s not some excessive garbage.

Does the kid actually play like that in-game though?

From the highlights, I have seen he seems to play like a regular big man

I mean it is a couple of seconds of dribbling in a workout. Maybe he works on it to help his coordination and have something in his bag if he ever needs it.

But he doesn't seem to be outchea trying to be Kyrie

Nah he def doesn't OD with it, I watched him in the FIBA tournament

he'll pull some side steps, and kobe fadeaways, from time to time.
but he'll also hit a basic drop step hook shot,

don't get me wrong, he's a generational talent.

i just find the obsession with "skills" among some NBA fans to be excessive.

Not gonna be mad at a player for wanting to expand his game if they are capable of it. Everyone is talented af today so the more versatile you are the better you can help out the team. Were not in the era of basic hook shots anymore.

Sure you don’t have to do crossovers as a 7 footer, but if you’re capable im not stopping you. As long it’s not some excessive garbage.

players have always been talented.
but culture can sometimes produce irrational outcomes.

the old culture of basketball led to people ignoring the fact that 3 is bigger than 2 for like 30 years.

the new culture of basketball has lead to big guys reducing the impact of their physical advantages
in pursuit of "skills"

I rather these big dudes learn a simple fadeaway or bank shot like the previous finesse bigs (Dirk, Duncan, KG etc). I think it’s easier said than done at this level today to just have them in the post when they’re not strong enough to dominate down there just because they are 7 feet tall.

Also, if you can’t play defense. No one cares how good your hook shot or touch around the rim is.

You really gotta be absolutely elite as an offensive big these days.

so hes bol bol ?
Bol Bol is very tall and unusually coordinated

but has so-so basketball insticts, and a low compete level.

Victor is very tall and unusually coordinated
but has elite feel for the game and is a big time competitor.

In the FIBA U19 game he went aginst Chet Holgren, Kenny Lofton JR and a much more talented USA team
and nearly lifted his team to gold.

also wembanyamas frames is much better, his hips aren't as high and narrow, has a solid base.

Lanky AF & French.

2 strikes against him.

Glad my boys won’t be in those sweepstakes [barring key injury/ies].

Dunno his official height but I’m not gonna overthink it, there’s so much impressive footage of him against good competition

Unless medical records come to light he should have at least two extensions in him

And he’s not carrying too much weight either

If David Robinson is 7'1, then Chet looks 7'2 and Zach Edey is 7'4. So Wemby is a legit 7'5.

5946629F-B628-4A6B-811E-953DB3C5AC72.png

Based on Thibs’ historical trends at his past stops… are you sure?
Might wanna fix the Rx on your lenses if you’re reading Thib’s record. He has his shortcomings, but with the exception of 2 szns, he’s always had a winning regular season.

Nice reach tho.

Might wanna fix the Rx on your lenses if you’re reading Thib’s record. He has his shortcomings, but with the exception of 2 szns, he’s always had a winning regular season.

Nice reach tho.
His situations have also always gotten progressively worse the longer he’s been there.

And with significantly better talent levels than the Knicks are gonna have.

Back
Top Bottom