2024 NBA Draft Thread - the hawks might be on the clock

Banchero is definitely underrated now but I’m fine with Houston having the best player fall to them lol.

I’m confused on how Jabari just jumped to being the prized possession of the draft. I watched a Jabari game where his 1st 5 attempts were 3s without a dribble and only made 1.

Will Jabari Smith learn to dribble and pass well enough to be the coveted big wing?

Is Chet Holmgren, athletic enough to play the 4, or strong enough to play the 5?

Is Banchero going to be a dominant enough offensive player to make up for his lack rim protection and defensive instincts as a big man?

seems to me to be the central question of the top 3 prospects.
I don't really know which one is more likely to work out.

this seems like a draft where the interview process is going to matter a lot.

Will Jabari Smith learn to dribble and pass well enough to be the coveted big wing?

Is Chet Holmgren, athletic enough to play the 4, or strong enough to play the 5?

Is Banchero going to be a dominant enough offensive player to make up for his lack rim protection and defensive instincts as a big man?

seems to me to be the central question of the top 3 prospects.
I don't really know which one is more likely to work out.

this seems like a draft where the interview process is going to matter a lot.

Seems like only one of them doesn't have very many (if at all) actuall basketball deficiencies being discussed. And to me...that's the guy I'd roll the dice on if I had the #1 pick.

Jabari was a big time scorer, but I don't think he had the nuance to his game that Banchero does. Banchero is a pretty good playmaker/passer.

I think Banchero is well ahead of Jabari on defense, although his engagement level can be spotty. Jabari was just bad all around.

The way the media was talking about Jabari had you thinking there is a zero chance he busts.

If Jabari was a better offensive prospect, yet their defense isnt that far off, isn’t that a red flag for Banchero? Or is the two inches Banchero has on Jabari (pause) that much of a difference maker.

I don’t agree that this is the case at all :lol:

Bro I was googling articles and scouting reports from that time and it was mostly “I’d take him #1” or “He’s a difference maker” or “NBA ready” :lol:

Im still not sure why he busted this bad. Was it the injuries or was it because he really can’t guard anyone?

Bro I was googling articles and scouting reports from that time and it was mostly “I’d take him #1” or “He’s a difference maker” or “NBA ready” :lol:

Im still not sure why he busted this bad. Was it the injuries or was it because he really can’t guard anyone?
Think it was a combo of both. Injuries, lack of athleticism and getting caught in the middle of a major change of basketball. I feel like his hype dropped some that year at Duke as it was

Imagine putting your faith in Beavis

1D0B9E85-5CD9-4A78-A8F5-DAC93B003C79.png

I’d argue the PF position is coming back. We just got Zion and Mobley within the last couple of years. Even in the finals you see Draymond and horford. We know Giannis is an an alien. Julius was just MIP a couple seasons back. John Collins is good. I don’t like JJJ but yeah. Siakim is a hybrid but he’s still trying playing the 4

I’d argue the PF position is coming back. We just got Zion and Mobley within the last couple of years. Even in the finals you see Draymond and horford. We know Giannis is an an alien. Julius was just MIP a couple seasons back. John Collins is good. I don’t like JJJ but yeah. Siakim is a hybrid but he’s still trying playing the 4
Maybe dying is the wrong word but it was undergoing a complete evolution. Especially with the small ball + pace and space era.

Maybe dying is the wrong word but it was undergoing a complete evolution. Especially with the small ball + pace and space era.

That’s fair. You can get away with playing a husky 3 at the position. But like every position recently, there’s been more of an emphasis on skills. And in hindsight that Bagley pick was terrible.

Forgot to mention AD on my PF list

Almost everybody you named is awesome defensively though.

Almost everybody you named is awesome defensively though.

Exactly. All those guys you can play at all times because they can guard multiple positions.

Banchero might be of that John Collins mold. Where he doesn’t make u better in the playoffs, but he’s a good regular season player that’ll get paid and help u in the regular season.

Back
Top Bottom