2024 NBA Draft Thread - the hawks might be on the clock

Being skinny is the only real knock with him. Nothing really basketball skill-wise.

Feel like people are just overthinking things. He would immediately play major playoff minutes for all these teams. Boston and GS included.

Being skinny is the only real knock with him. Nothing really basketball skill-wise.

Feel like people are just overthinking things. He would immediately play major playoff minutes for all these teams. Boston and GS included.
He’s the clear top guy for me. Especially if front offices are confident there's momentum towards shorter/less compact seasons.

Banchero and Chet are being over analyzed at this point.

The best offensive player in the class by far and Chet’s being knock being thin is crazy compared to what has to go right for Jabari to be an all star.

It’s hard to be an awesome front court player if you can’t defend. Also doesn’t mean the position is dying.

You just can’t have a bad combo of defenders at the 4/5

the position can't literally die, someone has got the play 4.
i meant the "pure PF" is dying.

by pure PF I mean the guy isn't a good defender
because if he was you could play him at the 5.

Chet and Mobley are not pure PF's they can defend well enough to play 5.

Zion is a pure PF because he can't defend well enough to play 5.

in recent history a big that can only defend 4 has to be a big time offensive force otherwise they end up busting.

Derrick Williams
Jabari Parker
Marvin Bagley
Anthony Bennett
ect

that' my worry with Banchero, he's not like a Blake or Zion level athlete, so if his shooting doesn't develop what is he?

imo his floor is lower than Chet and Jabari or even a keegan Murray

I think Banchero could develop into a pretty good secondary offensive hub. Think his passing underrated, think it’s crazy to say Keegan Murray’s floor is higher.

Honestly for all the hype about Jabari’s shooting, not even sure he’s really that much better than Paolo.

Someone explain why Banchero won’t bust but Derrick Williams, Beasley, Anthony Bennett, Marvin Bagley etc all did.

Hes got red flags written all over. Offensive game isn’t that good either

What are bancheros midrange numbers

Eye test says he’s more skilled than these other “bust” pf’s

His ball and perimeter skills seem pretty sound. He’s also light as hell on his feet for someone that size. Face up and back to the basket game are there

3 point shooting ain’t impressive but midrange I would like to know

If I’m Orlando I definitely take the guy who looks like butthead and weighs 100 lbs. that’s a recipe for success

084E60FB-14B7-44E9-A90C-DE27ED877F1F.jpeg

What are bancheros midrange numbers

Eye test says he’s more skilled than these other “bust” pf’s

His ball and perimeter skills seem pretty sound. He’s also light as hell on his feet for someone that size. Face up and back to the basket game are there

3 point shooting ain’t impressive but midrange I would like to know

Derrick Williams, Marvin Bagley, etc. Some of these comparisons are absolutely absurd.

I admit I thought bagley would be a safe top 3 pick, I thought he’d develop more of that face up game

But when you look at what banchero can do on ball, it is much more than what bagley was doing… though bagley may have better percentages I’m assuming it was because he was getting paint and rim finishes

Banchero operates further out

I was really a fan of Derrick Williams, although I was bias because he was from my area.

His second year at Arizona was an outlier shooting season. Then he couldn't bully guys in the NBA like he did in college, on top of insisting he was a small forward.

Edit:

And none of the past PFs are sniffing Paolo as a prospect, except for Mike Beasley.

Last edited:
Someone explain why Banchero won’t bust but Derrick Williams, Beasley, Anthony Bennett, Marvin Bagley etc all did.

Hes got red flags written all over. Offensive game isn’t that good either
I feel like you have a calendar alert set for June 1 or something each year just to ramp up the temperature of your takes. :lol:

Comparing Banchero and Anthony Bennett or Derrick Williams is nuts.

His floor is lower than Keegan Murray’s? Really?
I would think so,

Keegan even if he never learns to play make like a wing..
can still defend, and shoot 3s and still carve out a career as a valuable rotation piece.

if Banchero isn't a devastating offensive weapon,
he's a not great rebounding big who can't protect the rim?

not a lot of those players around.

I was really a fan of Derrick Williams, although I was bias because he was from my area.

His second year at Arizona was an outlier shooting season. Then he couldn't bully guys in the NBA like he did in college, on top of insisting he was a small forward.

Edit:

And none of the past PFs are sniffing Paolo as a prospect, except for Mike Beasley.

Mike Beasley is another great example. a pure PF who isn't an awesome offensive player is just not that valuable.

I have no idea who will be the best player out of Chet, Banchero and Jabari.
I can totally understand if someone wants to take him at 1

but I think history tells us his player type is risky.

Mike Beasley is another great example. a pure PF who isn't an awesome offensive player is just not that valuable.

I have no idea who will be the best player out of Chet, Banchero and Jabari.
I can totally understand if someone wants to take him at 1

but I think history tells us his player type is risky.
I totally get this perspective and agree. Last non-rim protecting 4 like this who turned out to be a star was Blake? And he was a freaky athlete entering the draft

If Chet was like 5% more athletic
or like a 5% better shooter id be driving the Chet bandwagon.

but alas he's not.

mostly I think that all 3 are bellow the caliber of prospect you usually see with the number 1 pick.

Back
Top Bottom