2024 NBA Draft Thread

I don’t think we’ve proved anything. What have we proved?

I get the optimism but the Knicks lost their franchise player and had the worst season in franchise history. They're basically back to step 1 of rebuilding. Still got a lot of work to do

Whoops for some reason I had 72 FGM, not 62.

Your take being atrocious still stands though.

Because you say so? You can’t add. RJ wasn’t a great No. 1. I’m just telling the truth of what everyone was talking about at the time. :lol:

Because you say so? You can’t add. RJ wasn’t a great No. 1. I’m just telling the truth of what everyone was talking about at the time. :lol:
The truth of what everyone was talking about at the time?

You got it chief :lol:

I'm not even saying RJ is going to be a star or anything like that :lol:

Saying that a guy with the ACC freshman scoring record and the most points scored in the conference in 5 years "wasn't good as an alpha dog against the ACC" just seems wild.

He'll be a good player that plays hard as hell. Hopefully the Knicks can surround him with some better shooting than Duke had.

Only game I saw him play was in the tournament and he was god awful. Aot of people seem to like him though
Oh for sure, poor tourney performance was indefensible. Oni was supposed to be Yale's best player and shot 2-16 vs. LSU. Somehow Bulldogs only lost by five. Miye hits a couple of those nine missed treys and maybe we see Yale against UMD instead. Oni didn't play particularly well vs. Duke either but caught Coach K.'s attention, who gave Miye props post-game.

I don't think so. A lot of people don't realize the draft used to be like 5 rounds. There's still hardly any NBA level talent out of the 60 guys drafted

You'd think that would be the determining factor, but the NFL made the draft such a cash cow these days that it's more about the larger scheme of things (Money for the Leagues and ratings for the networks).

Let's just compare a 3rd round of the NBA Draft to the 7th of the NFL... Less than 5% of players drafted in the 7th round become consistent starters. Less than 1% are even in the NFL after 5 seasons. But, why do casual fans still watch that 7th round? Storylines and the NFL relishes the exposure.

I think an additional round for the NBA would have similar results.

Just until recently both those organizations never got **** for being run like garbage, always drafting the wrong guys, making dumb moves etc etc.

That couldn't be further from the truth. :lol:

Glen Taylor + Kevin McHale + Joe Smith...that's all that needs to be said...

Social media being what it is today and being in NY, no less, certainly doesn't help the matter, but Minnesota been lambasted for years. Rightfully so, unfortunately for fans.

People really mad because the Knicks didn't reach and got a good player with the mental makeup of a star :lol:

If he projects to be a 18-20 PPG scorer with a low FG % so ****ing what

Get that damn hate out your blood

People really mad because the Knicks didn't reach and got a good player with the mental makeup of a star :lol:

I assure you nobody outside of Knicks fans are mad about the Knicks as much as it makes you feel better to tell yourself that

RJ is the PERFECT fit for NYC. Dude is 100% built for it. Has the pedigree and the right guidance behind him. Honestly, I want nothing more than for this kid to become all we expect. He's got star potential. My WAY too early pick for ROY :lol:

If we talking ROY then Zion is the smart bet ...all he gotta do is average double figures n come with some highlight dunks, the media already behind him like Bron in 03

RJ is the PERFECT fit for NYC. Dude is 100% built for it. Has the pedigree and the right guidance behind him. Honestly, I want nothing more than for this kid to become all we expect. He's got star potential. My WAY too early pick for ROY :lol:

I said this weeks ago whenever the Knicks got that pick and the reaction was a bunch of laughing faces.

My feeling is, the guy is probably not going to be a bust. He might be what you said ^ a Rudy Gay type. Or worse, an Andrew Wiggins type. I would not be happy with either of those scenarios. However he also has the potential to be a real star and a real good productive player who can score efficiently and defend well. Guy is 19. Has improved tremendously every year. Aggressive and creative going to the basket. Hard competitor. Big with length (pause).

Development is key. But the pick is great. Personally I would rather have him than Morant.

I assure you nobody outside of Knicks fans are mad about the Knicks as much as it makes you feel better to tell yourself that
You quoted me while glossing over the apparent clown commentary last couple pages regarding the Knicks picking RJ. Your on that list too clearly

What's wrong with y'all people from North Dakota steady spewing garbage about anything Knicks related

:lol: I'm California living

You're really asking why it's so easy to get Knicks jokes off? Ya'll taking this NT stuff way too serious, I'm a Lakers fan this **** is like clockwork on here for me I just roll with it

Back
Top Bottom