2024 NFL Draft Thread

I know Michigan had the defense and running game so JJ played it safe every game, but I just have a hard time believing the offense wouldn’t run through him or be 50-50 with the running game if he were really all that talented.

Like such talent, if it exists, would make it so Harbaugh couldn’t ‘not’ use him… and they’d air it out AND run through Corum.

If McCarthy were that then it’d force the issue, rather than just being the game manager.

You think he needs an Oline like the 1990's Cowboys ?
i mean a 90’s cowboys oline would be beneficial for any QB. i’m just not a fan of his throwing mechanics, even tho he does have a canon for an arm.

don’t take it as i’m not rooting for the young man tho. i hope he proves me wrong and balls out (unless the Broncos draft him :lol:)

I know Michigan had the defense and running game so JJ played it safe every game, but I just have a hard time believing the offense wouldn’t run through him or be 50-50 with the running game if he were really all that talented.

Like such talent, if it exists, would make it so Harbaugh couldn’t ‘not’ use him… and they’d air it out AND run through Corum.

If McCarthy were that then it’d force the issue, rather than just being the game manager.

So, you're having a hard time believing that Jim Harbaugh didn't abandon his lifelong coaching principles to let JJ throw it 30 times a game. You said it yourself, Michigan had the defense and the run game - that's Jim Harbaugh football. Above everything else.

Not to mention the 6 games suspended last year. So, even if Jim wanted to use JJ, he wasn't on the sideline. That's not the time to let him loose, particularly in the final 3 game stretch when he was dealing with an injury.

None of that is an endorsement OF McCarthy though, just the situation’s circumstances, that’s what we are both saying.

I want to have an indicator of something. He is a top-tier teammate and doesn’t make mistakes, but I would want to know that he has that… and everything else.

Somebody better draft Xavier Worthy before the Chiefs pick :sick:

Someone will be there at 32 or even 64 with the depth at the position

It’s a good year if you need a WR or depth at the position

Pretty sure most pre-combine mocks had him as a mid 2nd rounder at worst, WR class is deep as hell
Yea but he’s not the type of WR who you’re drafting to be a #1 IMO. He’s a field stretcher and someone who can take short passes and make big plays. He’s not going to make contested catches nor does he have an advanced route tree.

Back
Top Bottom