2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I had a 10 minute wait for the argons in 10.5. They sold out with 2 minutes left. Then when I was at "less than a minute remaining" it went to 109 minutes and I did not refresh. The purples in 10.5 were available at the time and I didn't even get a chance. Not sure what happened.
Really hoping to score the rift blue toasty dunks as I have been waiting on them. Looks like the 21st on finish line.

1648753001814.png

picked up my pair from union just now. they gave out free t shirts and had a pizza truck for free food

was also able to hit the court purples online to complete the set

Argons best c/w out the 3

Until they show a f&f or some samples that always are way better than what we got

Got a W on the purple color way. Only after the blue was sold out. Had a 9 min wait. Sold out at 2. I just waited for the cart to load went back and grab the purple one. 2/3 on the pack. Pistachio were way easier though. I don’t know why union didn’t spring for H captca. Really wanted blue. But a W is a W.

Whats my next purchase going to be? Im stuck between court purples, team reds, reverse pandas, and dark marina blues

I was waiting for somebody to say this. While I’m sure that’s what they were probably going for. It’s still apples and oranges to me.
Yea still different enough.

It’s like they blew up the tie dye print and printed it on ballistic mesh. However, it could be a strong inspiration. There have been several dunks and AJ 1 highs that ripped SB colorways recently.

I have a trans friend that says she hates that companies rep by doing the rainbowy stuff.

Good to see the Be True shoes getting simpler with the colorways
Makes sense. Similar to how played out and annoying it gets when Black History stuff just gets slathered with Kente cloth patterns.

These do look like they might have something rainbow going on underneath though. The white all over looks like different shades in a way, or like they might be covering something. Like rub away or some other type of color changing tech. I hope not.

^^^ tell me about it. I work in corporate and have a LGTBQA coworker. And execs assigned them to design a pride product for pride month. And they opened up their presentation about how the communities hate ‘pride washing’ and how corporate looks to turn any of these opportunities as profits. But of course the execs weren’t hearing none of that.

Execs only gave them 4 days to propose concepts and highly recommended concepts only focusing on the pride rainbow…. So much for inclusion…. Makes me sick thinking about it 😷

Makes sense. Similar to how played out and annoying it gets when Black History stuff just gets slathered with Kente cloth patterns.

These do look like they might have something rainbow going on underneath though. The white all over looks like different shades in a way, or like they might be covering something. Like rub away or some other type of color changing tech. I hope not.
I don’t like BHM shoes in general and my girlfriend isn’t a fan of the CNY shoes (me neither) I think it dilutes the importance. It’s like how every women Jordan shoe had to either be pink or have a weird silhouette, like why can’t we just have a clean colorway. But hey that’s just my two cents.

I don’t like BHM shoes in general and my girlfriend isn’t a fan of the CNY shoes (me neither) I think it dilutes the importance. It’s like how every women Jordan shoe had to either be pink or have a weird silhouette, like why can’t we just have a clean colorway. But hey that’s just my two cents.
Totally, totally, totally agree.

You know what would be WWWAAAAYYY BBBEETTEERR Jordan Brand??...
Just let a creator, designer, etc., that represents the particular group you're trying to commemorate/highlight, just design/collab on a pair. I can easily Google "top BLANK designer" and find a list of all the top up and coming designers that represent/identify every type of group. The AMM pairs are essentially BHM pairs, just not dropped in February. Virgil could've done BHM pairs for YEARS, and they'd sell out and I'm sure would be great.

Totally, totally, totally agree.

You know what would be WWWAAAAYYY BBBEETTEERR Jordan Brand??...
Just let a creator, designer, etc., that represents the particular group you're trying to commemorate/highlight, just design/collab on a pair.

Someone like Uma Wang doing the CNY releases and Dapper Dan for BHM would be crazy

Back
Top Bottom