2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

agree that V is the best
1717531103028.png

Well they did do some other versions but yeah no other mainline changes. Decon, elite. Personally I thought the decons were one of the worst feeling shoes I ever put on my feet. Wore them around the house and they felt worse than barefoot. Maybe I woulda needed a half size up.

I think the fact that higher profile collabs go back to OG tooling tells us they know OG tooling is better lol

That's kind of the rub isn't it? They show that they can go back to the OG tooling on a couple of releases a year, which seems weirdly cost ineffective, so why not just go back to the OG tooling if it's better?

was getting ready to make a trade for futuras but I had him send me pics and noticed the pair had a snaggle tooth so I passed.
IMG_3031.jpeg
I saw this and wondered how to stitch it back in. Googled it and was surprised how many people had a similar issue with other Nikes.

V shape comparison on pre-Koston SB dunks vs "retooled" dunks vs new "OG Cut" dunk high and low. This is what killed new SB dunks for me. Where the inside seams and stitching sit on the sides of my foot now vs then where it was on top destroys comfort.

Attachments

• IMG_5819.jpeg
    IMG_5819.jpeg
    362.7 KB · Views: 485
  • IMG_5818.jpeg
    IMG_5818.jpeg
    412.5 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_5817.jpeg
    IMG_5817.jpeg
    363.8 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_5816.jpeg
    IMG_5816.jpeg
    452.4 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_5815.jpeg
    IMG_5815.jpeg
    344.8 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_5814.jpeg
    IMG_5814.jpeg
    405.2 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_5813.jpeg
    IMG_5813.jpeg
    393.1 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_5812.jpeg
    IMG_5812.jpeg
    509 KB · Views: 721
Thanks for sharing. You and I are def on the same page in this critique. Even before they changed the heel pod and sole and eyelet flap on new tool SBs, they started this new shape. I copped loons at release back in the day and they had OG sole but the vamp was soooo wide. They just didn't look right. It's even worse on high tops like statue of libertys

I've owned and worn like 5 blue box or later SB dunks for that reason.

The new eyelet flap makes them look like a Jordan 1 instead of a dunk. I dont mind the heel pods on lows because it doesnt change the look and I dont notice a huge dif in fit. The eyelet and lack of V shape is what killed them for comfort and looks for me. I have still copped a lot of "retooled" SB dunks but over the years I ended up selling most because I cant wear them for long. Theyre funny looking feet killers.

It’s been the “new” mold so long now that we should all probably brace ourselves for the ~This ain’t how Dunk SB’s supposed to look~ pushback if / when they actually take the model back to OG specs :lol:…There’s kids out there that grew up on the “new” mold…

Thanks for sharing. You and I are def on the same page in this critique. Even before they changed the heel pod and sole and eyelet flap on new tool SBs, they started this new shape. I copped loons at release back in the day and they had OG sole but the vamp was soooo wide. They just didn't look right. It's even worse on high tops like statue of libertys

I've owned and worn like 5 blue box or later SB dunks for that reason.
Those Statue of Liberty highs were so dope but man the comfort was terrible.
Sold for a good chunk of cash, they still go for a lot today especially my size 12

V shape comparison on pre-Koston SB dunks vs "retooled" dunks vs new "OG Cut" dunk high and low. This is what killed new SB dunks for me. Where the inside seams and stitching sit on the sides of my foot now vs then where it was on top destroys comfort.
miss that v taper .. they just don't make them like that anymore

Back
Top Bottom