2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

SBs are made for skateboarding (not to sound too literal).. But they are made to withstand kick flips,heelflips, etc..so they are made to withstand a beating..unlike jordans or air maxes ..I highly doubt sbs would crumble

It's just the material they used on the sole from day 1, which is why Air Jordan 1s are still wearable from 85, 94, and all the more modern updates.

And dunks are hardly the most hardy shoe for skating, they don't even double/triple layer the materials in the key points where you can expect to have the grip tape rubbing the hell out of the shoe.

Those are made to withstand some serious abuse, and Nike's done some stuff like that too, I never worry about a thing when I wear my Zoom Tre AD, I'll probably kill the upper before the sole starts to come apart.

First post. Been an SB fan for years and an unofficial member here for a while too. Time for me to start posting in here. Yall are some cool people.

Jordan shirt copped

Salvation just posted this pic on their fb
Jordan SB is finally happening!
mean.gif
fuuuu, got me all worked up for nothing...I call the shop asking about the JB shirt & they start to tell me that its a sample shirt for the "upcoming jb x sb collaboration"...I'm minutes away from placing an order (was driving when I called), then I find this
grin.gif

worst part, my nephew had called before me to ask for the price, they told him $28...when I called, $30-35
indifferent.gif

It's just the material they used on the sole from day 1, which is why Air Jordan 1s are still wearable from 85, 94, and all the more modern updates.

And dunks are hardly the most hardy shoe for skating, they don't even double/triple layer the materials in the key points where you can expect to have the grip tape rubbing the hell out of the shoe.

Those are made to withstand some serious abuse, and Nike's done some stuff like that too, I never worry about a thing when I wear my Zoom Tre AD, I'll probably kill the upper before the sole starts to come apart.

I haven't skated in a long long time..but when I did I used etnies only (sal barbier days)..I remember those would last months from skating almost everyday..I should actually borrow someone's skateboard and test some sbs out to compare..but think about this..I've never bought non DS kicks but if I were to get a pair of sbs..I would know that they would have a lot of life in them..unless they were really abused..I feel their value holds up

I haven't skated in a long long time..but when I did I used etnies only (sal barbier days)..I remember those would last months from skating almost everyday..I should actually borrow someone's skateboard and test some sbs out to compare..but think about this..I've never bought non DS kicks but if I were to get a pair of sbs..I would know that they would have a lot of life in them..unless they were really abused..I feel their value holds up

That's 3 weeks of real skating. (not from me, the owner of the local I frequent)

Edit: but that's not to say that they fall apart easy either. I'm not picky since I don't like to keep my shoes DS, and unless the person has a terrible walking stride the soles hold up to a LOT of use.

Last edited:
:smh: fuuuu, got me all worked up for nothing...I call the shop asking about the JB shirt & they start to tell me that its a sample shirt for the "upcoming jb x sb collaboration"...I'm minutes away from placing an order (was driving when I called), then I find this >D

worst part, my nephew had called before me to ask for the price, they told him $28...when I called, $30-35 :stoneface:

I couldn't not buy. I ordered one. 41 shipped inc tax, steep

I couldn't not buy. I ordered one. 41 shipped inc tax, steep
sucks that they tried to imply they were SAMPLES, when they're really custom tees they made using their printing machine.  I can't imagine Nike being cool with this.

That's 3 weeks of real skating. (not from me, the owner of the local I frequent)

I remember u posted this a few pages back..this pic gives me anxiety lol..couldn't imagine skating in tiffs..I forget which skater it was but he was skating in the tiff lows..u couldn't pay me to do that..but pros get as many sbs that they want

sucks that they tried to imply they were SAMPLES, when they're really custom tees they made using their printing machine.  I can't imagine Nike being cool with this.
Well if you look there's what looks to be a jordan logo on the tag. From what they told me they are from nike, but mike didn't approve them so they got scrapped.. If that's a lie I got tricked, but it's still a cool shirt.

Last edited by a moderator:
I forget which skater it was but he was skating in the tiff lows..u couldn't pay me to do that..but pros get as many sbs that they want
Brian Anderson, Brazil 2005

Quote:
Well if you look there's what looks to be a jordan logo on the tag. From what they told me they are from nike, but mike didn't approve them so they got scrapped.. If that's a lie I got tricked, but it's still a cool shirt.
Its definitely a cool shirt, just hoped it was a SB shirt that officially announced the collaboration. they have a machine that prints custom tees in the store, plus their always restocking them...they definitely lied.
mean.gif

Last edited:
Brian Anderson, Brazil 2005

Quote:

Its definitely a cool shirt, just hoped it was a SB shirt that officially announced the collaboration. they have a machine that prints custom tees in the store, plus their always restocking them...they definitely lied. :smh:

Aw well. Goes good with my breds

it's just a regular jordan shirt with a skateboard screenprinted on

yea, the shirt is a legit jordan jumpman tshirt. they just added the skateboard, nothing nike can do about it because its a customization. kind of like what ppl are doing to the nike elite socks

yea, the shirt is a legit jordan jumpman tshirt. they just added the skateboard, nothing nike can do about it because its a customization. kind of like what ppl are doing to the nike elite socks
Thanks for clarifying. It's still a dope shirt.

anyone know a spot I can get the new Legion Pine/Kumquat-Flat Opal "Miami-esqe" lows that recently drop besides NDC or Premier? both spots have no 9.5

I need to just get it over with and finally cop the uprises
Yeah man, I'm in the same boat lol. Thought they were ok at first, not enough to buy but now they're starting to look better and better (maybe it's the lower price tag? Lol) I know you can find them under $80 practically everywhere but I should picked them up for $55 when sneakersteals posted them.

Back
Top Bottom