2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I've never been crazy about 3M but overall those aren't too bad

I've become a snob with Dunks and only prefer SB's because I like the extra padding and overall quality compared to your standard Footlocker release

Just got my second pair of valentines day dunks in from martini and boy am I pissed. First off, yes second pair, first pair I decided to skate and the second pair I wanted to keep clean. So I went ahead and skated my v-day dunks to almost oblivion, then the second pair comes in from martini, here's where $hit hits the fan.

I open the box, the suede on the heel of the shoes going up are all effed up. Not smooth like my first pair. I try them on I can feel something like an object underneath the insole so I pull out the insole and I find this reddish nike disc that says V Y 0 2 and has a swoosh on it with a lace stuck through it. I pull it out and begin lace swapping and realize immediately that the laces included are way too long. That was my tipping point, fine, the suede isn't smooth or consistent throughout the shoe, fine that i found some foreign object in the shoe that obviously shouldn't have been there, but now I have to hunt for white laces?! 

Ughh...exhausted, today was a pretty long day to begin with and I come home to this. Martini's site says no cash refunds but I'm pretty heated about this entire debacle. When I want to pay 100 bucks for defective shoes, I'd make sure it's a shoe I really want, these v-day dunks aren't worth the full price I paid never mind the fact that they are flawed. About to contact martini tomorrow, I definitely want to return these, I don't want store credit, I'm heated. 

Knowing my luck, i'll probably end up eating this effin cost. 

/rant

This is what I found underneath the insole

what the hell is that
laugh.gif
no clue, i'm actually surprised that 1. that made it passed nike's QA and 2. that martini dude sent me shoes with high top laces or even longer cause those suckers' are long like I wouldn't notice, or maybe that's a mishap on nike's end, i dunno.

Problem is a DS pair may crumble if you wear

in my 10+ years of collecting kicks I have never seen a pic of SB's breaking apart...

Yeah but how many DS SB's made in 2001 do you see unDS'ed 13 years later?

Yeah they are built like tanks

it's rare...but that still doesnt prove that they would fall apart or "crumble"...were basing it on jays & air maxes...wanna shut me up? show me a picture of a SB falling apart cuz of age (being worn after 10+ yrs of being DS), not cuz its beat.

Not the best pic nor are they 14 years old (10) but appear to show no signs pointing to these crumbling upon wearing (If ever unDS'd).

How would you guys honestly feel about Nike retroing the older stuff?

I used to be against it but I wouldn't mind beating up a re-release as opposed to an og relese pair.

Cons are obviously that the re-released shoes will not hold a candle to the quality of older pairs.

I say this because one of my favorite pair of shoes is the mama bears. Prices are 
sick.gif
 when I want to bet a pair up.
I wouldn't mind the the older SBs being retroed. I honestly would get back into buying SBs if Nike decided to do that. The only problem so many people will have is the quality of the retro's compared to the OGs. Smh. 

But if I could get a retro pair of Bisons for retail, I'd be all on that.

Yea I never understood why quality suffers or changes on retros if the price to make them is the same and still under like $10.

It's because of the move to Vietnam, which does work even cheaper than china these days. I'm seriously considering not buying new releases anymore and focusing on older stuff. Quality really is night and day.

Yea I never understood why quality suffers or changes on retros if the price to make them is the same and still under like $10.

The problem is that Nike has been moving towards greener materials which don't feel as nice as the stuff they used back in the 90s/00s. While they haven't completely abandoned leathers they're getting closer and closer to doing it. After PETA jumped down their throat when they did the Anaconda/Gator leather AF1s they swore off exotic skins, then in 2010 they started pushing the better world initiative which has them trying to bring in more and more recycled material each year.

I for one would be ecstatic to have them do retro dunks, as close to the originals as possible, but making allowances for the new tooling on the sole and how the shape of the shoe has changed over the past 29 years.

This. I enjoy the hunt and the feeling of satisfaction you get when you find that elusive pair.
It makes it more special since you have no idea if they're gonna retro.

If you're just a casual collector sure it'd be easy to take a short cut and just go with the latest retro, but if you're really into the shoes the one you're already after will still be the one you want no matter how many times it's come out.

I'm almost done getting a set of the Original 7 retros from 98/99, I could easily pick up the 03s, the SB take from 2005, the vintaged 08, that kind of but not the same BTTYS 2011s with the sail instead of white and I'd have all of the colors, but because I set myself on a goal to get the original retro and then focus on trying to get at least one release from 1985 it doesn't matter if Nike put out all 7 of them again today, I'd still want the black/red box releases to complete my set.

Not the best pic nor are they 14 years old (10) but appear to show no signs pointing to these crumbling upon wearing (If ever unDS'd).

SBs are made for skateboarding (not to sound too literal).. But they are made to withstand kick flips,heelflips, etc..so they are made to take a beating..unlike jordans or air maxes ..I highly doubt sbs would crumble

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom