2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Mom's never have love for the kicks. I'm 29 and live on my own and my mom still finds a way to chastise me about the amount of kicks I cop
my dad is even worse man, dude has 2 pairs of kicks he probably got from clearence at macy's and just thinks my stuff is out of control. they also like to throw the word hoarder around lmao

my dad is even worse man, dude has 2 pairs of kicks he probably got from clearence at macy's and just thinks my stuff is out of control. they also like to throw the word hoarder around lmao

I'm honest with myself, I do display hoarder tendencies. When I was younger any time I got a new pair of shoes it's because an old one was either out grown or too beat up. The ones that I outgrew before they got beat up got donated.

Some lucky SOB got my 1994 AJ1 Chicago Retro with the box and card.

Now even if the shoe is done for, I don't want to get rid of it.

Last edited:
I'm honest with myself, I do display hoarder tendencies. When I was younger any time I got a new pair of shoes it's because an old one was either out grown or too beat up. The ones that I outgrew before they got beat up got donated.

my stuff is super organized and they still ssay it. but they never bought me an expensive pair of shoes i would never ask them to buy me something they dont like so i take pride in buying sht on my own. and since I turned 18 it should be all on me anyway so they can deal with my "hoarding" 
roll.gif

my stuff is super organized and they still ssay it. but they never bought me an expensive pair of shoes i would never ask them to buy me something they dont like so i take pride in buying sht on my own. and since I turned 18 it should be all on me anyway so they can deal with my "hoarding" :rofl:

When I got seriously into this hobby and looked up how much pairs I had in middle/high school were going for, my jaw hit the floor about that pair in particular.

Agreed. But Parents are haters too:rofl:
my mom used to love buying me shoes. she would bribe the foot locker guys and get them early so i could rock em to school before anyone else. she still gets me something every now and then.

My dad on the other hand threw out a bunch of my shoes when i didn't take them to college. he thought they were garbage.:smh: I was so pissed when i came home.

I think that could be said for any culture that has enthusiastist. If you're on the outside looking in you'll never understand.

This is definitely it, and I've flirted/still am in quite a few of those cultures. I get my comic book fix digitally now though, I'd have run out of room in this house years ago if I bought physical copies of everything I'm into in that realm. I only keep a few key items that I really like. And none of it is particularly worth anything.

I don't hide my purchases, I just get eye daggers, especially if I haven't picked up the current rotation pairs from the front of the house. Our spring cleaning project is for me to work on shelves in one of the spare rooms and get everything into there. Then I can set it up as a full size room walk in closet just for me.

Now even if the shoe is done for, I don't want to get rid of it.

Haha. Back on vintage gear addicts, somebody once said, in reference to the show, Hoarders, that there's a fine line between us and the people on that show, and that line is clears bins from the Container Store.

I'm looking to sell my two-bedroom and by a three to help accommodate my stuff. I live with my wife and we have no kids. ...In NYC, that's a hefty price to pay to hoard. But, you do what you love, ya know. ...This is actually on top of having offsite storage units filled floor to ceiling.

It's twice as bad if you are a gear head too. Bins full of Polo, TNF, jerseys. It's something of a sickness I prefer to consider myself more of an urban achivist LOL. ...At least I was able to digitize the vast majority of my music, or that would have been another thing eating space.

I can't really hide anything from my wife. I mean, yeah, I can hide bringing in a pair or two, but what's the point?... The whole thing stopped being reasonable a LONG time ago. So, either you love it, or leave it, ya know!

Last edited:
Just got my crocs/kumquats in from Premier. They are super sick in person. I highly recommend those who are on the fence to purchase. You won't be disappointed!

Haha. Back on vintage gear addicts, somebody once said, in reference to the show, Hoarders, that there's a fine line between us and the people on that show, and that line is clears bins from the Container Store.

I'm looking to sell my two-bedroom and by a three to help accommodate my stuff. I live with my wife and we have no kids. ...In NYC, that's a hefty price to pay to hoard. But, you do what you love, ya know. ...This is actually on top of having offsite storage units filled floor to ceiling.

It's twice as bad if you are a gear head too. Bins full of Polo, TNF, jerseys. It's something of a sickness I prefer to consider myself more of an urban achivist LOL. ...At least I was able to digitize the vast majority of my music, or that would have been another thing eating space.

I can't really hide anything from my wife. I mean, yeah, I can hide bringing in a pair or two, but what's the point?... The whole thing stopped being reasonable a LONG time ago. So, either you love it, or leave it, ya know!

I'm still waiting for an excuse to turn on the SGI O2 I got from a college classmate for a six pack of beer. I think the drive had been wipe so I'd have to find a copy of IRIX to install on the damn thing if I ever need it for anything, which is to say nothing of the Holga attachments, and some TLR cameras I've got floating in the closet. I did go ahead and recycled my growing collection of laser printers when I got the latest one, some things I just had no excuse keeping.

Back
Top Bottom