2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Please watch video.

Question #1.) If you owned a shop how would you handle future HYPED NIKE SB releases?

Question #2.) What is your worst experience when dealing with other people in the sneaker community?

Question #3.) If you were Nike SB what would your version of the St. Patty's Day 2014 SB look like? Describe what the Dunk SB would look like using the format I've provided. (You can do up to 5 different SB dunks)

FORMAT:

1.) Name of  dunk and is it a dunk high or dunk low?

2.) Nickname of dunk?

3.) Brief description of materials used and coloring on side panels, toe cap, heel, tongue, laces, sole and insole. (I will accept Photoshop canvas picture.)

4.) Explain the inspiration behind the Dunk SB.

5.) How would it be released?

Last edited:
WB John thread was definitely crazy during the tiff talk n that stuff that went down at that shop sucks man... dudes really threatening girls over shoes smh n that stuff you trying to work out with your local sounds dope man hopefully dude agrees to hook up the thread :smile:

John00 [emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji] thanks for trying on the tiffs, something you didn't have to do but yet you still tried.. Sorry to hear about your boys shop.. I hate camping when it gets like that people let the hype really get to them like a life or death situation..

Won't quote your whole post but glad to see you back in here, I figured you were prob just busy with work/life etc. I'm glad your shop owner taxed the non-regulars though, especially after people acting like that. It's crazy though how far people will take it for a pair of kicks. At the end of the day, that's all they are.  Hopefully the "NT Thread Skateshop" deal works out, but even if it doesn't.... cool on you and the shop owner for trying to make it happen. Black Thought always taking care of the thread.

1. I would do hyped sb release but I will do raffles. I would rather have a raffle because I don't want tons of people waiting outside of my shop and causing commotions or having the possibility of something wrong to happen
2. My worst experience was going for the black and red Is in NY at 34th st. HoH when people were fighting on line for a raffle for the shoes and the cops came and had to break the line up :smh: didn't been get my ticket but that was my first time seeing people actually fight over some sneakers with my own eyes in person. Still walked away with a pair for under retail >D
3. I think it would be cool for nike to do something g about leprechauns and pots of gold.

1. Nike sb dunk high Premium :smokin
2. Pot of gold
3. I would want the shoe to have nice quality black leather on the upper with green suede on the toe box. The shoe would have gold stitching and a nice yellow translucent outsole with a gold speckles. Something similar to the AJ I black patent leather OGs that came out last year. A gold swoosh with green stitching on the swoosh. The tongue would be black also with nike sb on the tongue and a pot of gold on it also like the diamond on the tiff.
4. I think there should be more sbs that do with folklore of cultures.
5. I would let it be a QS but make it available in good quantity

WB John thread was definitely crazy during the tiff talk n that stuff that went down at that shop sucks man... dudes really threatening girls over shoes smh n that stuff you trying to work out with your local sounds dope man hopefully dude agrees to hook up the thread :smile:
I'm hoping he does too. But it's up to him. I'll keep working though. Thanks man.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                 I hate camping when it gets like that people let the hype really get to them like a life or death situation..
Thanks man. I couldn't believe it. There was SO MANY RANDOMS out there and all were just waiting to resell.
EXECUTION! You will be repped!

Won't quote your whole post but glad to see you back in here, I figured you were prob just busy with work/life etc. I'm glad your shop owner taxed the non-regulars though, especially after people acting like that. It's crazy though how far people will take it for a pair of kicks. At the end of the day, that's all they are.  Hopefully the "NT Thread Skateshop" deal works out, but even if it doesn't.... cool on you and the shop owner for trying to make it happen. Black Thought always taking care of the thread.
BRUH, HE TAXED!!! When he told me how much he had those dudes pay I died laughing! Those girls are riders though, I don't think they were shook.

I'm hoping it comes through too. But salutes to you as well, you did a lot during the Tiff storm. You're awesome my dude.  

Question 1) Know my customers and take care of the regulars, try to limit the amount of line ups outside of the shop, change the outgoing voice mail message on the shop phone to give detailed instructions on how the release is being handled, and most importantly stick to that plan so that any new potential customers don't get screwed by changes, IE if you're going to raffle let them know about a week in advance, if you're going to do tickets on x day let people know a week out from that too.

Question 2) I don't have too many experiences with others in the community, I'm pretty easy going and will not buy from someone if the situation doesn't feel right. One thing that does bother me is the constant attempt to sidestep rules that are set in place by the marketplaces i.e. msg me for a paypal invoice on ebay, or people that ask for you to cover the fees on paypal when they're selling in the marketplace here for a profit over retail already, or the worst when someone lists an item with a nebulous price. Let me know what you're looking to get for it don't have me play 20 questions to come to an agreement on price.

Question 3)
1-In keeping with Nike's tradition of offering a shoe that ends up making people angry (the Black and Tans) I'd go with a Dunk High called the Irish Travellers (or Irish Gypsies)
2- Irish Travellers (Irish Gypsies)
3-It'd be a Suede/Leather pair with Blue/Green/White coloring Blue Leather on the overlay, with green suede filling in the toe box, side panel. White Leather Swoosh, white midsole, and black outsole with a horse shoe printed on the insole
4- Inspiration comes from the flag of the Irish Traveller Movement and a desire to bring some attention to a group that's pretty marginalized by society. I also want to get away from the standard cliché St. Patrick's Day stuff. I'd originally thought of doing a pair based on the Blarney Stone, but even that seemed too mainstream

5- It'd be as unannounced as possible just showing up randomly at shops and allowed to be sold as soon as they got them in

Last edited:
My first return to this thread ... guess I'm not the only one. 

Crazy story John. Similar stuff happened at my local... ended up with no Tiffs in had due to having to work and not being able to camp. Even though I've know the shop owner 10+ years, no favors for anyone and I really respect that!!

Question #1.) If you owned a shop how would you handle future HYPED NIKE SB releases?

Question #2.) What is your worst experience when dealing with other people in the sneaker community?

Question #3.) If you were Nike SB what would your version of the St. Patty's Day 2014 SB look like? Describe what the Dunk SB would look like using the format I've provided. (You can do up to 5 different SB dunks)

FORMAT:
1.) Name of  dunk and is it a dunk high or dunk low?
2.) Nickname of dunk?
3.) Brief description of materials used and coloring on side panels, toe cap, heel, tongue, laces, sole and insole. (I will accept Photoshop canvas picture.)
4.) Explain the inspiration behind the Dunk SB.
5.) How would it be released?

Using a point of sale system I'd keep track of recent purchases and sell to my regulars first week or release.. Second week I'd release certain size per day without warning or notifications. And after the third week it would be for who ever walked in and asked for them.

2. I've had great interaction with the normal sb heads, heads that truly collect sb and rock them without the hype.. Never had the same interaction with anyone else.. Everyone always crying fake, or threatening to hurt /kill over a shoe..

3a. Dunk hi..
3b. Called the 4 leaf clover
3c. Super smooth green suede, white leather and gold swoosh..

Toe cap would be white leather with matching tongue and green tongue, tag sporting a 4 leaf clover on one side and pot of gold on the other.. Around the front would be green suede along with the lace guides and straps/ lower ankle round back.. Upper ankle would be white leather stitched in gold. Soles would be gold glittered and icey, next to a white mid sole. Side panel would be white sporting a gold swoosh. Insoles would be similar to the tongue tags and have a pot of gold on one and 4 leaf clover on the other.. I'd also stamp the clover and pot of gold all over the green (similar to the spots)

3d. Its something that quickly comes to mind I would deff rock..

3e. I'd silent drop like nike did with the RO's on March first and keep it in lower quantity's to heighten quality

Damn I really feel like pulling the trigger on these Tiffs.

I'm going to use them to skate which is why I'm questioning dropping 300 plus

Last edited by a moderator:
Excuse my ignorance but I'm new to the threadso I'm unaware of the main players haha. Nice to meet you!

Definitely want to thank the homie @joecurr for the hookup on these! So clean in person, I didn't know they came with 3 laces too

1. This may be frowned upon but people who weir their hype shoes to my store with signs of wear will have their pair saved for them. They aint even got to line up.

For everyone else I would not sell my kicks on day 1 I will drop my kicks at a random day and random time for the month period after the actual release. Maybe not even all at once.

2. I don't surround myself with clowns so I dont have bad experiences. Worst is NT trying to clown me. But as usual they fail miserably. Likely due to the poor image I have of a lot of people on the site. Besides I love when my comments get y'all feelin some type of way.

3. It would be called the Patrick's Day Parade Dunk High. It will be based off a lot of images from Chicago's parade. Namely the tribute outfits people wear and the colored river.

Anyway an icy green outsole with the pattern from those skirts on the area covered in red on the valentines day sbs. Probably Durabuck instead of suede to switch it up. 3M chicago flag stars on the white part around the Nike check (kinda like the gold stars on the supremes)

The inspiration is the seriousness with which we take parades with in Chicago. Our stanley cup parade had way more people than MIAs NBA Finals parad

people are very proud to live here

great to have @John00  back. want to thank him on multiple levels. he is really a great and considerate person. I know everyone appreciates whhat he does on here. 

thanks again for the help john!

First off much respect for what you are doing & trying to do @John00  . If it goes through I will definitely buy through that spot on a regular basis. On to the questions....

1. With hyped releases I would up box price by $25.....but tell my customer base that the $25 would go into making the shop better (which I would actually do). Plus I would setup monthly parties (or a show from a prominent artist) w/a local spot where if you bought said shoe you get entrance to the party/show free w/a drink voucher. This way the people who cop on a regular basis will get to know each other and lookout for one another, and hopefully the good environment would get them and noobs who want in to come into the shop when there isn't anything hyped...which is what I would need to survive as a skateshop.

I would also do raffles on the Wednesday before each release, w/a 48 hours time limit to pick up your purchase. I don't think camping is good for the culture and if I had a shop it would be in inner-city Detroit....where camping wouldn't be good for your health lol.

Lastly I would have a frequent customer card, where if you buy 6 pairs of SB's (GR or QS) at full box price you automatically get first shot at a QS at a later date. Provided you cash in your card first, you get to buy the next pair you want w/o the raffle hassle. I'd call it the Sunday Cop....God worked hard for six days, and got to rest on the 7th.....you bought 6 pairs at full price, you get to rest on the 7th.

2. Detroit is an odd place for sneakers....everything sells (JB,KD's,Brons,etc...) but you almost never see them on feet. Just 1's & whatever Jordan is hot at the moment. So when I'm seen in SB's they think I'm wearing something fake or from Journey's....sometimes I want to let them know, but I'm not trying to lead the blind.....I just laugh and KIM. You'd be surprised how many people don't know Nike even has a Skateboarding division.

3. I'm not much of an artist, so I will refrain from answering this fully....but I'd like to see something less green-based. Maybe it's just me, but I don't wanna wear an all green shoe when it isn't St Paddy's Day....so something a little more grounded (but still creative) would be cool.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom