2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

not even ig must be a cali thing cuz if they made nice leather that never creased n put them on dunks i would love that... a plus for the kobe 8 EM no creases :lol:  

you from Cali too!? :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

and ya'll need to quit with the "don't want creases so they can sell as VVVVVVVVVNDS"... like I said, I think it must be cultural. Cuz most of who I work and move around don't do creases in kicks, or dirty kicks period. Similar to how you don't leave the house wrinkled and dirty, your shoes aren't going to be wrinkled or dirty. My mom and 'nem grew up in the projects, and when they were bussed to schools outside their neighborhood they were judged HEAVILY by their appearance. I never forget my mom telling me that's when she found out they were poor--the moment they went to school with other people. So, they instilled that in the following generation---you always look your best. ALWAYS. Hair, clothes, shoes. I remember getting fussed at for coming home and my clothes being too dirty (my grandma was southern old school) My cousins and I used to walk funny tryna not crease our K-swiss or AF 1s. Before force fields we used to stuff socks in the toe :lol: :lol: :nerd: (old heads where ya'll at? ) And the toothbrush was brought out after every wear (unless it was a black shoe) . We didn't get dope shoes often so when we did best believe we were gonna make them L.A.S.T. AND we didn't wanna hear our mama's talking about "how them shoes messed up---I JUST BOUGHT THEM!" :lol: :lol: How you took care of your shoes determined IF you were gonna get the same caliber shoe the next time it was time for shoe shopping.

Famous line in Stevie Wonder "living just enough"... her clothes are old, but never are they dirty That's how I was raised.

Now am I OD with bags and tape on the bottom? Nah. Do I still bust out the tooth brush after every wear? No. I also am not running around on the bball court or playground any more either. However, I still do a lot of walking. So, gotta take care of those creases.

Idk why I went all in with the explanation, but I felt it necessary to offer at least some intelligent insight as to why force fields and such are so popular. I mean c'mon, how long have they been around?? Way before the whole "resell" craze even began.

There's a story on SN about a customized SB Dunk High done up with a Cork theme

Comments like that are why I kind of stick to just this thread.

Comeback=hypebeast

SB is thriving; comments like this piss me off to no end

you from Cali too!? :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

and ya'll need to quit with the "don't want creases so they can sell as VVVVVVVVVNDS"... like I said, I think it must be cultural. Cuz most of who I work and move around don't do creases in kicks, or dirty kicks period. Similar to how you don't leave the house wrinkled and dirty, your shoes aren't going to be wrinkled or dirty. My mom and 'nem grew up in the projects, and when they were bussed to schools outside their neighborhood they were judged HEAVILY by their appearance. I never forget my mom telling me that's when she found out they were poor--the moment they went to school with other people. So, they instilled that in the following generation---you always look your best. ALWAYS. Hair, clothes, shoes. I remember getting fussed at for coming home and my clothes being too dirty (my grandma was southern old school) My cousins and I used to walk funny tryna not crease our K-swiss or AF 1s. Before force fields we used to stuff socks in the toe :lol: :lol: :nerd: (old heads where ya'll at? ) And the toothbrush was brought out after every wear (unless it was a black shoe) . We didn't get dope shoes often so when we did best believe we were gonna make them L.A.S.T. AND we didn't wanna hear our mama's talking about "how them shoes messed up---I JUST BOUGHT THEM!" :lol: :lol: How you took care of your shoes determined IF you were gonna get the same caliber shoe the next time it was time for shoe shopping.

Famous line in Stevie Wonder "living just enough"... her clothes are old, but never are they dirty That's how I was raised.

Now am I OD with bags and tape on the bottom? Nah. Do I still bust out the tooth brush after every wear? No. I also am not running around on the bball court or playground any more either. However, I still do a lot of walking. So, gotta take care of those creases.

Idk why I went all in with the explanation, but I felt it necessary to offer at least some intelligent insight as to why force fields and such are so popular. I mean c'mon, how long have they been around?? Way before the whole "resell" craze even began.

I did most of those things growing up as well because I got one pair of forces to last me a year or maybe more. Now I'm grown and just wear them of they get ruined I have another pair that's itching to get into the rotation. I assume most people in this thread have a decent size collection so shoes will last a long time.

you from Cali too!?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

and ya'll need to quit with the "don't want creases so they can sell as VVVVVVVVVNDS"... like I said, I think it must be cultural. Cuz most of who I work and move around don't do creases in kicks, or dirty kicks period. Similar to how you don't leave the house wrinkled and dirty, your shoes aren't going to be wrinkled or dirty. My mom and 'nem grew up in the projects, and when they were bussed to schools outside their neighborhood they were judged HEAVILY by their appearance. I never forget my mom telling me that's when she found out they were poor--the moment they went to school with other people. So, they instilled that in the following generation---you always look your best. ALWAYS. Hair, clothes, shoes. I remember getting fussed at for coming home and my clothes being too dirty (my grandma was southern old school) My cousins and I used to walk funny tryna not crease our K-swiss or AF 1s. Before force fields we used to stuff socks in the toe
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
(old heads where ya'll at? ) And the toothbrush was brought out after every wear (unless it was a black shoe) . We didn't get dope shoes often so when we did best believe we were gonna make them L.A.S.T. AND we didn't wanna hear our mama's talking about "how them shoes messed up---I JUST BOUGHT THEM!"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
How you took care of your shoes determined IF you were gonna get the same caliber shoe the next time it was time for shoe shopping.

I remember doing the "sock fold"! I wear a smaller size now than I did in middle school lol what was I thinking?!
Comeback=hypebeast

SB is thriving; comments like this piss me off to no end
agreed, I didn't think SBs ever left lol.

Last edited:
Only shoes that really fell off are flacks, (joe Montana) fila that I can think of all other brands have always had their niche and following.

Puma still there
Addidas still there
NB best trainers out hype seems to be comming back
List goes on....

Losing hype doesn't equal falling off

Adidas is really pulling out the big guns recently. Can't wait to see what they do this year. 

you from Cali too!?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

and ya'll need to quit with the "don't want creases so they can sell as VVVVVVVVVNDS"... like I said, I think it must be cultural. Cuz most of who I work and move around don't do creases in kicks, or dirty kicks period. Similar to how you don't leave the house wrinkled and dirty, your shoes aren't going to be wrinkled or dirty. My mom and 'nem grew up in the projects, and when they were bussed to schools outside their neighborhood they were judged HEAVILY by their appearance. I never forget my mom telling me that's when she found out they were poor--the moment they went to school with other people. So, they instilled that in the following generation---you always look your best. ALWAYS. Hair, clothes, shoes. I remember getting fussed at for coming home and my clothes being too dirty (my grandma was southern old school) My cousins and I used to walk funny tryna not crease our K-swiss or AF 1s. Before force fields we used to stuff socks in the toe
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
(old heads where ya'll at? ) And the toothbrush was brought out after every wear (unless it was a black shoe) . We didn't get dope shoes often so when we did best believe we were gonna make them L.A.S.T. AND we didn't wanna hear our mama's talking about "how them shoes messed up---I JUST BOUGHT THEM!"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
How you took care of your shoes determined IF you were gonna get the same caliber shoe the next time it was time for shoe shopping.

yes been in socal for 24 yrs now... my middle school and high school years were when the AF1 were in full effect when Nellys song came out "Air Force 1s" hahaha when wearing clothes 3 times your size was in. Kobe Bryant, Allen Iverson, T-Mac, Vince Carter & Paul Pierce were killing it in the NBA... "The Baller Age" 
laugh.gif
 different mentality, my friends had a huge influence in my way of life though and cultures were definitely mixed... a privilege others do not have 
happy.gif

Only shoes that really fell off are flacks, (joe Montana) fila that I can think of all other brands have always had their niche and following.

Puma still there
Addidas still there
NB best trainers out hype seems to be comming back
List goes on....

Losing hype doesn't equal falling off

Fila still has a respectable output. I've been meaning to get my hands on some of their tennis classics.

All brands have some crap and almost all of them have at least one or two pairs that I like. I even like that Airwalk has managed to dust itself off and put out a couple of really nice retro releases from their back catalog.

Just wondering but does nike manufacture less size 13s than other sizes of dunks, my local has missed out on size 13 a few times now on QSs. 

Just wondering but does nike manufacture less size 13s than other sizes of dunks, my local has missed out on size 13 a few times now on QSs. 
yuppp basically anything smaller then a 8.5 & anything higher then like a 12 have smaller production numbers

Anything past 11s seem to be kind of limited, with 13s being pretty rare. A lot of shops don't get them in because the allocation is limited and they've probably ended up having to sell size 13s at a loss down the way for some GR releases. If you've got a big foot and you like your shop, tell them to start adding 13s to the order and start buying them, it's the only way to get them in a position to request that size on hot releases. It can take a while for the shop to start getting your size though.

^I don't get why 12/13s are still in such low production numbers. Alotta people I know, even shorter guys, have bigger feet.

People are getting bigger generationally as are their feet so I would think that Nike would start adapting to that.

Hmm ill have to ask the owner though it seems like a recent thing.  They didnt get any 13s in the tiffs or the UNC and no georgetowns at all, though i was talking to him about earlier releases and he remembers getting 13s in the skunks and gucci ect.

Some of the Jordans and NSW releases go up to 18, but you pretty much have to have access to swoosh to get them that big.

Back
Top Bottom