2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

did anyone order from size? before? if so, did you get hit with customs fees? I forgot which euro shop ppl ordered their bauhaus' from and received the wrong size.

edit: not working anymore.  don't wanna waste a post sooooo....

how would you feel about a FLYKNIT DUNK SB???

yeah, flyknit would be eaten alive if skated...i know...but would you still cop?
I would buy a flyknit dunk in a heartbeat they should use it on a regular dunk though. I am also waiting for regular dunks to get the lunar sole like AF1 would be so dope.

How do you guys feel about certain shops claiming a GR to be sold out and then "restocked"? Obviousl, those shoes are, in the literal sense, being sold out and restocked but do you think it generates hype and helps to drive sales?

My feelings personally, I do think it's been creating a little hype back towards Nike SB. I've seen it with just Premier alone with 3 GR (white/ice, snake eyes, giraffes). Maybe someone with better knowledge of how Nike allocates GR to skate shops can chime in but in my mind, I'm thinking a skate shop has to take in a shoe that Nike wants them to sell a certain amount of pairs but the shop can order as many as pairs as they think they can sell.

http://www.thepremierstore.com/product_detail.cfm?CatID=8&PID=22712

9.5 Georgetowns

http://www.thepremierstore.com/product_detail.cfm?CatID=8&PID=22257

8,8.5 Valentines Day

Retail if anyone happens to still be looking 
smile.gif

I would cop a flyknit dunk if I liked the way it looked. The material wouldn't be a turn off for me.....

......especially since I don't skate (ducks rotten fruit)

How do you guys feel about certain shops claiming a GR to be sold out and then "restocked"? Obviousl, those shoes are, in the literal sense, being sold out and restocked but do you think it generates hype and helps to drive sales?

My feelings personally, I do think it's been creating a little hype back towards Nike SB. I've seen it with just Premier alone with 3 GR (white/ice, snake eyes, giraffes). Maybe someone with better knowledge of how Nike allocates GR to skate shops can chime in but in my mind, I'm thinking a skate shop has to take in a shoe that Nike wants them to sell a certain amount of pairs but the shop can order as many as pairs as they think they can sell.
premier just released there shipment 1st and then later on received more on those GRs... hype is mostly just built up due to peoples lack of knowledge or in some cases being impatient or just liking the shoe and dont mind paying retail... now what BP did with the WOF is just hype build up and blacksheep trying to do that aswell...

I'd love to see a flyknit upper on a dunk, but I'm worried how the shape would look. I'd be more interested in seeing just certain panels done in Flyknit, but I'm not sure if that's even possible.

I'd love to see a flyknit upper on a dunk, but I'm worried how the shape would look. I'd be more interested in seeing just certain panels done in Flyknit, but I'm not sure if that's even possible.
true maybe the toe box, tongue, and side panels would be cool with flyknit. prettys sure its possible too. i couldnt cop a kobe 9 flyknit but i think they altered the material used as flyknit so that it would hold up better for stability as opposed to a straight up flyknit runner.

My local states that they are alolowed to purchase as many GRs that they want.
They are allowed to re-order as manty pairs as they want, as long as they are in stock at Nike.
With QSs, they receive 1 total run, and then they can request additional pairs, BUT only if Nike still has any left.
But, my local is small.
I'm sure the bigger shops receive and are allowed a certain amount or re-order.
I am aware that Nike counts all shoes sent, and then does "sneak" visits(see what I did there) to the shops and see what is selling and what is not.
This is so they can see how many sneaks the shops sell/push out the door, so they may supply extras in the future, if the shop is selling/pushing more product at certion times throughout the year, so Nike will either "grow" their inventory or limit what is sent every month.

I've only got 1 pair of Kobe 9 (the Maestro from ASW) and it feels like the paint used adds a bit of stiffness to the shoes as compared to flyknit runners, I'd like to see the toe, mid panel, ankle in Flyknit with everything else done in traditional materials. NO FLYKNIT tongue though, that's one of the annoying bits from the flyknit shoes I own, either the tongue moves all over the place or you end up with something like on the flyknit free where there's no tongue and you have this super tight opening to put your foot in.

I've only got 1 pair of Kobe 9 (the Maestro from ASW) and it feels like the paint used adds a bit of stiffness to the shoes as compared to flyknit runners, I'd like to see the toe, mid panel, ankle in Flyknit with everything else done in traditional materials. NO FLYKNIT tongue though, that's one of the annoying bits from the flyknit shoes I own, either the tongue moves all over the place or you end up with something like on the flyknit free where there's no tongue and you have this super tight opening to put your foot in.
maybe the elastic bands attached to the tongue found in sb dunks would keep the tongue from moving so much?

Sounds like a question that the Don @John00 would ask! Would love to hear his opinions..

But, I think a flyknit dunk would be...interesting. I think sooner rather than later (aren't the new P-Rods supposed to be flyknit?) we'll see flyknit incorporated into a skate shoe but idk how it would look/feel on a Dunk. The way I see it, it'll be sort of like Nike/JB where they have their performance based models like the Hyperposites/Super Fly and then their retro's/NSW lines.
I'm not a lover of flyknit. I play a lot of basketball and I've worn sneakers in the past that incorporated flyknit material and they were trash. I feel like it would LOOK nice if the pattern was dope but as far as performance, at least in my experiences, flyknit is over hyped. Now what I would like to see is more options on HIGH QUALITY suede, leathers and cloths if anything.
Quote:

premier just released there shipment 1st and then later on received more on those GRs... hype is mostly just built up due to peoples lack of knowledge or in some cases being impatient or just liking the shoe and dont mind paying retail... now what BP did with the WOF is just hype build up and blacksheep trying to do that aswell...
Literally said exactly what I was going to say about Premier, repped. Any shop that has an account can order as many GRs as they'd like, as long as the GR is available. I'm sure that Premier ordered a HEALTHY amount of these awhile ago when order sheets came around for this time a year. With all the shipping issues, like I said in previous post, they're just going to drop them as they get them in. All their past GRs selling out online is pretty much due to ALL of the reasons Reaver posted. The fact that Premier is usually the first shop to have their GRs for the month online for sale also plays a factor. Most the blogs lead people straight to them too. Premier is one of/if not THE BEST skate shop in the world when it comes to marketing. They just know how to move product.    

Last edited:
id love to see a flyknit dunk but id like it mixed  with leather  flyknit toe box? or something like this 
nike-db-dunk-mid-pro-premium-mesh-001.jpg

Flyknit is one of my favorite materials, just wouldn't make sense on an sb unless it were on the tounge/side panels. Not really durable enough to be an actual skateboarding shoe. I agree with @John00  though, would prefer to see actual some premium materials used in the future.

I'm not a lover of flyknit. I play a lot of basketball and I've worn sneakers in the past that incorporated flyknit material and they were trash. I feel like it would LOOK nice if the pattern was dope but as far as performance, at least in my experiences, flyknit is over hyped. Now what I would like to see is more options on HIGH QUALITY suede, leathers and cloths if anything.

Outside of the Kobe 9 what other basketball shoes have used flyknit? I know they've tried using Engineered Mesh on some models, but I can't think of any other pairs aside from the KB9 that have used it, and with its limited availability, it makes me think that it's a chore to get a decent yield of them.

I think that with the use of flyknit and the fly wire threading they could totally make something that actually resembles a hacky sack if they wanted to, wouldn't last more than a minute or two if used for skating, but it'd be interesting to see.

Brickhouse, Floridas, Snake eyes all $60

Call Rock City Kicks @ 501-660-7888

:nthat:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom