2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

3 different people asked if I knew how much mine were worth..

My response " not enough for me to care, their just shoes"

It's funny that you could be wearing a shoe that's technically "worth" a lot more than Tiff Highs, that most people have no clue what they are or how much they are worth, but people will freak out over the Tiff's.
mean.gif

Awhile back I went into the Vacaville outlet wearing my 3M's with red laces in them, and one of the store employees started freaking out thinking I was wearing MF Dooms. He quickly realized they weren't, but if I did own them I'd be rockin' them just the same. I don't get why people freak out if you wear your shoes, that's what you're supposed to do.

Last edited:

It's funny that you could be wearing a shoe that's technically "worth" a lot more than Tiff Highs, that most people have no clue what they are or how much they are worth, but people will freak out over the Tiff's.
mean.gif

Awhile back I went into the Vacaville outlet wearing my 3M's with red laces in them, and one of the store employees started freaking out thinking I was wearing MF Dooms. He quickly realized they weren't, but if I did own them I'd be rockin' them just the same. I don't get why people freak out if you wear your shoes, that's what you're supposed to do.
they think we are flippers and would just keep the shoe on ice for some sucker who would buy the shoe for much more (dolphins)

Last edited:
^might want to edit the end of that, not supposed to use the "R" word about prices. I'm sure you prob weren't aware, just lookin out.

Last edited:
^might want to edit the end of that, not supposed
to use the "R" word about prices I'm pretty sure.

that is selectively enforced at best, I get angry at so many post dropping the r word that I gave up complaining about it, now I just make a mental note and judge.

ATM: I've got guys trying to roast me because I'm wearing my dunks and a pair of chubbies, it's 73 at 1 am here why wouldn't I wear shorts?

Ok...I don't frequent most other threads anymore but I can imagine it gets dropped a lot more than I've seen it in here and is prob difficult to police.

Last edited:
What's wrong with pink?
Killa Cam is that you? Lol I just feel the whole S. Beach hype is silly and IMO isnt a good color combo. Black laces > pink for me.

So...what's your special power? lol jk They look pretty good man. I'm all out of reps today (been rep happy lately haha) I owe you and @mints
 a rep.

and @rillo561
 lol I'm Oprah with the reps today. :rofl:  
Repped for reppin so hard!

Last edited:
It's funny that you could be wearing a shoe that's technically "worth" a lot more than Tiff Highs, that most people have no clue what they are or how much they are worth, but people will freak out over the Tiff's.:smh:

I've said this many times before, but I wear Tiff lows with no socks to walk my dog most mornings. (My beater pair - I have a second pair I wear "for real") If kids see me, they don't know how to process it. It's fun to troll the youngins.

Before the last retro of the Olympic VIIs, I was on the train wearing the 2004s, along with a '92 Polo Stadium rugby. Some kid tries to get my attention - I take my freaking headphones off for this SMH - and he's like, "Yo, those are pretty old; and says something implying that they are worth money." Yeah - the shoes are "old" and "valuable" meanwhile, I'm wearing a shirt that is from 1992 and "worth" several times what the shoes are. ...It was like seeing Kate Upton nude and staring at her "cute feet" or something.

Another one - maybe last year, I was wearing 2001 Space Jam "45" samples. I wound up at ImageNY and they wanted to take an on foot pic to post on their IG. Sure, no problem. People start commenting on the pic "He's so stupid for wearing them" and stuff.

I have plenty of stuff that has remained DS, and I have plenty of stuff I've worn. What a lot of kids don't understand is that what is special to them may not be so special to the next man. The whole shoe thing has been so paint-by-number now. Because all their friends have the exact same force-fed tastes, they don't realize that others may be capable of individuality. A lot of the stuff I own that is nearest and dearest to my heart is stuff that very few people care about.

I've said this many times before, but I wear Tiff lows with no socks to walk my dog most mornings. (My beater pair - I have a second pair I wear "for real") If kids see me, they don't know how to process it. It's fun to troll the youngins.

Before the last retro of the Olympic VIIs, I was on the train wearing the 2004s, along with a '92 Polo Stadium rugby. Some kid tries to get my attention - I take my freaking headphones off for this SMH - and he's like, "Yo, those are pretty old; and says something implying that they are worth money." Yeah - the shoes are "old" and "valuable" meanwhile, I'm wearing a shirt that is from 1992 and "worth" several times what the shoes are. ...It was like seeing Kate Upton nude and staring at her "cute feet" or something.

Another one - maybe last year, I was wearing 2001 Space Jam "45" samples. I wound up at ImageNY and they wanted to take an on foot pic to post on their IG. Sure, no problem. People start commenting on the pic "He's so stupid for wearing them" and stuff.

I have plenty of stuff that has remained DS, and I have plenty of stuff I've worn. What a lot of kids don't understand is that what is special to them may not be so special to the next man. The whole shoe thing has been so paint-by-number now. Because all their friends have the exact same force-fed tastes, they don't realize that others may be capable of individuality. A lot of the stuff I own that is nearest and dearest to my heart is stuff that very few people care about.

How dare you wear your shoes!

that is selectively enforced at best, I get angry at so many post dropping the r word that I gave up complaining about it, now I just make a mental note and judge.

ATM: I've got guys trying to roast me because I'm wearing my dunks and a pair of chubbies, it's 73 at 1 am here why wouldn't I wear shorts?

I'm out of reps. But, verbally repped for taking the use of the "R word" seriously.

As much I love NT, there's often a palpable undercurrent of misogyny and homophobia and it bugs me every time I sense it. Unfortunately, those who invoke it are probably not even aware they are doing so and would deny both possessing and communicating those sentiments.

As in most dynamics, this thread is usually very good about that stuff.

How dare you wear your shoes!

I know, right?...

But, as I've said before, I don't care what you do with your kicks. Wear em. Don't. Doesn't matter to me. Just don't act surprised and incredulous when others use them for their intended purpose.

they think we are flippers  and would just keep the shoe on ice for some sucker who would buy the shoe for r***  (dolphins)
You thought I was saying you can't use the word resellers?...not sure if you were just trying to be funny, but I was referring to the word at the very end. I put it in red for you up there if you didn't understand what I meant.
 Unfortunately, those who invoke it are probably not even aware they are doing so and would deny both possessing and communicating those sentiments.
Either he was trying to be funny or he just really proved your point.

Last edited:
I'm out of reps. But, verbally repped for taking the use of the "R word" seriously.

As much I love NT, there's often a palpable undercurrent of misogyny and homophobia and it bugs me every time I sense it. Unfortunately, those who invoke it are probably not even aware they are doing so and would deny both possessing and communicating those sentiments.

I've luckily grown up in a family that hasn't been R worded in the nuclear family. The extended is not so lucky. I don't take it lightly and I hate to hear a bunch of mostly misogynistic males use it casually, especially knowing they're not as OK with other words being used. I try to erase all that ish from my vocabulary now, I can be tracked personally using those words when I was a young idiot, and I wish I'd have known better then, but now a days I get angry when I hear ill words used towards any group.

Couldn't agree more. Very well written sir, touche.

anyone remember that miami dolphin colored shirt with the alligator on it?

anyone remember that miami dolphin colored shirt with the alligator on it?

shop.8and9.com/collections/new-streetwear-shirts/products/miami-fl-mash-up-jersey-tee#view
IMG_4524_1024x1024.png

Also I'm a bit confused with all the r word talk so if anybody can PM me what that is because I don't think it's the word I'm thinking of and I want to make sure I'm aware

Last edited:
need someones opinion/help - is this straight for 4 pairs of Sbs for $260 shipped - All VNDS - Civilist [worn x4], Ugly Sweater[grey, worn x1], Neckface 2[worn x4], and all white lows [worn x3] ??  thanks

shop.8and9.com/collections/new-streetwear-shirts/products/miami-fl-mash-up-jersey-tee#view

Also I'm a bit confused with all the r word talk so if anybody can PM me what that is because I don't think it's the word I'm thinking of and I want to make sure I'm aware
Ive ordered a few things from 8&9, some nice stuff usually goes on sale every month. I'll be in Miami in the next week or two and was gonna check out that store and MIA Skateshop.

How's the fit on the SOMPs toe box? Same as Civilist?

Back
Top Bottom