2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Has anyone ever actually customized a pair of dunks?

I doubt Nike will ever release an Alice in Wonderland theme and given that thats my all time favorite story I might want to dabble in a custom at some point. 

I'm just curious but does ANYONE in here actually skate in SB's? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills at the responses when I mention how I'm going to skate in my skate shoes...
I ride the subway in them if that counts
laugh.gif

One kickflip = shoe finished

I skated a long time ago..in etnies and they looked terrible
EHHHH I disagree and I'll post a picture to show my disagreement. 
I skate in my beater pairs.
That is the very definition of a beater. But I do love making beater pairs.

The whole POINT of this shoe though IS to skate in them. Im sure many will keep it DS which is fine, but they look dope once they're trashed a bit. 

Saying otherwise  is like 
That's what I'm saying. People be like "NOOO BRIAN DON'T SKATE THE TIFF LOWS THEY SO WORTH MONEY"
I see your point. Haha
Hahaha I love a good gif reply.

@DanVSMan

Said no skater ever

Yeah I'm gonna skate in them just to make @EAski3 cry haha

What is funny is that when people see me skating in rare sneaks, they flip out.
I wore my Skated in Tiffs this weekend at the DXC/Little Tokyo Swap Meet.
Some kids were asking if they were real, since they were all scrapped up.
I said, "Of Course, they're skate sneaks, and that's what they are made for!"
The 3 of them looked like I had called their Mother a bad name or something....Shock and awe, mouths all open and stuff.
They walked away mumbling to themselves, "I would never skate in my shoes....Never!"
Me and my friend, who removed all the top layer paint from his Black Lance Mountains, just started laughing....
Kids now a days...Sheesh!

Seems like these days, being in this sneaker hobby all it's about is owning a rare or limited shoe to be "that guy". Kids and even some adults now just don't buy what they like anymore, but they buy what's hot and what will get them recognized. For example, the Ronnie Fieg collabs. While I do like them most the time, they're being sold out in mere minutes and even being resold for decent amounts while non-collab Asics and NB sit and hit discounts.

Every other person is saying differently. I don't know what to believe. One says its crap, the other that its amazing. 

Highly doubt they'd use "amazing" quality suede and leather on a GR though

Based on what you're judging it against, as another member pointed out, I think a GR can still have excellent quality like the J-Pack...

To me, however, for the pricing and it being a GR... These are definitely better than the quality of bigger release shoes like the Tiffs.

Can't speak for everyone, but I'm satisfied with my purchase.

What is funny is that when people see me skating in rare sneaks, they flip out.
I wore my Skated in Tiffs this weekend at the DXC/Little Tokyo Swap Meet.
Some kids were asking if they were real, since they were all scrapped up.
I said, "Of Course, they're skate sneaks, and that's what they are made for!"
The 3 of them looked like I had called their Mother a bad name or something....Shock and awe, mouths all open and stuff.
They walked away mumbling to themselves, "I would never skate in my shoes....Never!"
Me and my friend, who removed all the top layer paint from his Black Lance Mountains, just started laughing....
Kids now a days...Sheesh!
I don't get it. I got rid of my tiff highs because some kids called me a hypebeast for not wanting to sell those little ***** my pair. When I skate in my shoes, I think they look better. Seeing someone rocking kicks without a crease just looks unnatural to me. I never like the IG flex photos where the shoes are perfect because it's the sneaker equivalent of models in photoshopped pictures: it's an unrealistic and impossible goal.

Has anyone seen a black denim high in a 12 I've been looking for a while and no luck

Last edited:
I may be alone on this... and being 34 it might not pan out that well.. but I only live a mile from work and am planning on (finally) buying a skateboard to ride to work.. and I have my NT Family partially to thank for influencing this decision. I have always been into the culture and having worked in some shoe stores throughout my college/post college career (nike and vans) I finally (now, years later) decided it was time... maybe it's my sons interest - I'm not sure, but I want to skateboard!

I'm gonna bust my ***... but maybe I can teach an old dog new tricks.
(also picking up my 2 year old a board for his birthday next month)

Any recommendations?
For you, get a wider board. Like someone else said, go with at LEAST an 8, but if you're gonna be cruising, get a little wider. Also, get bigger wheels, cause you won't be worrying about tech flips and stuff.

For your son, just go a little on the smaller side, but the board itself isnt the biggest thing. and loosen his trucks up a little for him cause its way easier to turn that way when you're younger/smaller/lighter and learning

When you're buying trucks (I personally like Independent and Thunder), I also like to make sure that they're about as wide as my board. Feels a little more stable that way. A lot of people new to skating don't realize that there is different heights and widths of trucks. For bigger wheels, you're gonna want normal to high rise ones, and maybe even a pair of risers to let you really carve, cruise, and not get that big wheel bite.

And for both of you, get Reds bearings. work great, and they're cheap
laugh.gif

Super stoked on these! Stashed lists the colorway as Game Royal/Bright Mango/White... I always liked the bright mango/blue AM2012. First SB since the Bao I've actually been interested in.

And depending on the material, I'm curious how that tie-dye dunk would look with some of the panels blacked out. If it's not the same printed crap as the hackeys, i might have to give it a shot.
like these a lot. kind of remind me of a poor mans koston lows

Never learned how to skate, I rather ride a bike. Dope seeing those who skate in their pairs though. Beaters or not.

man, i feel like i'm probably in the minority here but seeing the lance mountain's months back and the release quickly creeping up, I'm not all that excited for them. Personally, I'd like to see more original concepts like this but not on a jordan collab sb shoe. To each their own, but I'm also trying to go back and rep people helping out. Cheers.

Yeah if you get him a regular board just get him some softer wheels I'd say (they're better for going over little pebbles and cracks). I'm thinking even get some small longboard wheels, like a 60mm-65mm at 78a or something. For yourself, get at least an 8.25" wide deck if you got average to big feet. Go with some standard independents and spitfires or something. For a shortboard there's not much you really need to do or lookout for, any setup will do.

6K is high, I'd expect around 3k but I generally see them around 5k so I don't know. Market on those is crazy because so few survived destruction.

WHAT'D YA GET!??!

So pumped I am getting both pairs. Had to sell a pair to justify the purchase but I'm happy with my decision. Should I remove the paint and make myself bred and royal 1 SB's or should I leave them painted and just let it come off naturally? I'm leaning towards skating them.

I'm TRYING to let it be a "surprise" and just post pick up pics but like I said... dude is faking right now. I don't know if I'll even get them.

Other two pair are on the way, will be here by Friday. Sucks cuz these are two I just kinda bought to "buy" cuz the prices were good. I really want the pair that OTHER pair :smh: #FEELSBATMAN

*EDIT Soooooo it looks like I WILL be getting them--got an email from UPS right now saying to expect a delivery tomorrow afternoon :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: He just didn't mark it as shipped via ebay so that's why I was thinking he hadn't shipped them yet. Whew! :lol:

Last edited:
I tried to learn to skate once, realized it wasn't for me and retired my skateboard forever.

Have no idea where it is now. Even if I could skate tho I wouldn't be doing it in tiffs
laugh.gif

Or sb dunks at all. There are better shoes for skating and I'm not tryna destroy my dunks.

It's like balling in DB 6s when I can just buy some hyperdunks
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom