2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Repped for the pics Dcy! I think the Tie Dyes will hit that sales rack eventually. I'll wait and get them below retail. Those Quartersnacks on the other hand will get scooped with the quickness.

Do these look off to anyone else? Or am i good?

Real, but the camera angle looks weird or maybe you have a large size.

My 1st order from Fliestkicks arrived today. I was expecting the nubuck to be thick on the toe box based on some youtube reviews. It also came with an extra pair of unpackaged black laces.

Am I good or FK sells replicas?

Haven't heard of that, but they're legit. I got mine from them.

probably on the tighter side like other canvas kicks, such as 510s which were super tight for most.

I half sized up and the shoe is perfect. Way more comfy than 510's, the two shoes are worlds apart

Thanks for the help repped you all ( danvsman danvsman I owe you a rep I ran out lol) . looks like half up it is on them.

And dcypoe81 dcypoe81 those are some sexy shots of the Snacks. I didn't even know the lace holder on the tongue was 3M as well lol Like I've said before...it's the little things.

On the subject of daily wear:

As a summer intern:

khakis

button up

wingtips

During the school year:

Raw selvedge jeans

v necks (probably own about 20+)

whatever kicks for the day

jeans and a v neck are my go to. Too damn versatile

Found myself thinking about the origins of 'quarter snacks' yesterday. Found this interesting and thought some others might as well...

When you’re a kid, all you want to do is skate. Jobs, rent, relationships, student loans, “your future,” whether or not the door person at the bar you’re going to after skating will let you in with your board — none of these things seemed like they’d matter to you any time soon. And if you did have a job, or a concern for your future that exceeds the typical non-existent foresight of an average skater, it got put aside when you woke up on that first 60-degree Saturday in March, or even on those last remaining crumbs of tolerability near 32 degrees once December had set in.

Skating downtown and  midtown in the same day becomes a daunting physical task once you drift from your teen years. Before, the day would seem incomplete if you called it quits just after the sun set. You either hopped on the train, or pushed for forty blocks to save yourself $2. Some nights were cut off early, when you would be out at an hour reasonable enough to bump into groups of tourists looking for Sex and the City landmarks. Other times, you’d only share the streets with a calm patch of cabs, and the smell of 4 A.M. coffee creeping from the breakfast carts getting ready for the day’s first rush of construction workers. Either way, it was skate, get kicked out, move along, repeat.

As you get older, there are more things to worry about, and less time to take care of them all. What was once a debate between the 6 to Grand Central or the N to 49th, is flipped into whether to make the voyage north of 14th Street altogether. Either you’re taking it easy because you have work in the morning, need to finish a paper, or succumbing to the simple temptation of sitting around and drinking beer. Everyone reaches a point when they can no longer skate for 10 hours straight.

When you were a kid pushing around the city with little concern for the time, you learned to make your money stretch. It didn’t matter if you had some ****** job or got money from your parents — you restricted your options to dollar-menus, slices, 99-cent Arizona cans, 50-cent Tropical Fantasy sodas and Little Debbie snack cakes, which were a mere quarter. When your pockets only contained some loose change, a Metrocard, and nuggets of wax, the quarter snack was the most viable option.

Once you can afford actual meals and overpriced rent for a Lower East Side hole-in-the-wall, the quarter snack becomes a symbol of a simpler time, back when you were content with skating on a diet that could lead to diabetes if not phased out by 19. That’s when things were less complicated and a lot more fun.

Last edited:
Brazil O'Connors for today. Not dunks but they are SBs before there was a Nike SB.

Clean savier trainers.

I think I was beat to them; pretty pissed
laugh.gif

He never got back to me and the pics are off Instagram
Damn man that price was crazy good. You can barely find DS pairs as it is

Anybody own the Sb Challenge Courts? I'm starting to buy releases I missed these last couple years. Those and the UNDFTD dunks are on my list

Damn man that price was crazy good. You can barely find DS pairs as it is

Anybody own the Sb Challenge Courts? I'm starting to buy releases I missed these last couple years. Those and the UNDFTD dunks are on my list

My Paypal was ready to go I would beat them to death

I had the white/green ones; I made an official thread but not many people cared :lol:

Found myself thinking about the origins of 'quarter snacks' yesterday. Found this interesting and thought some others might as well...

When you’re a kid, all you want to do is skate. Jobs, rent, relationships, student loans, “your future,” whether or not the door person at the bar you’re going to after skating will let you in with your board — none of these things seemed like they’d matter to you any time soon. And if you did have a job, or a concern for your future that exceeds the typical non-existent foresight of an average skater, it got put aside when you woke up on that first 60-degree Saturday in March, or even on those last remaining crumbs of tolerability near 32 degrees once December had set in.

Skating downtown and  midtown in the same day becomes a daunting physical task once you drift from your teen years. Before, the day would seem incomplete if you called it quits just after the sun set. You either hopped on the train, or pushed for forty blocks to save yourself $2. Some nights were cut off early, when you would be out at an hour reasonable enough to bump into groups of tourists looking for Sex and the City landmarks. Other times, you’d only share the streets with a calm patch of cabs, and the smell of 4 A.M. coffee creeping from the breakfast carts getting ready for the day’s first rush of construction workers. Either way, it was skate, get kicked out, move along, repeat.

As you get older, there are more things to worry about, and less time to take care of them all. What was once a debate between the 6 to Grand Central or the N to 49th, is flipped into whether to make the voyage north of 14th Street altogether. Either you’re taking it easy because you have work in the morning, need to finish a paper, or succumbing to the simple temptation of sitting around and drinking beer. Everyone reaches a point when they can no longer skate for 10 hours straight.

When you were a kid pushing around the city with little concern for the time, you learned to make your money stretch. It didn’t matter if you had some ****** job or got money from your parents — you restricted your options to dollar-menus, slices, 99-cent Arizona cans, 50-cent Tropical Fantasy sodas and Little Debbie snack cakes, which were a mere quarter. When your pockets only contained some loose change, a Metrocard, and nuggets of wax, the quarter snack was the most viable option.

Once you can afford actual meals and overpriced rent for a Lower East Side hole-in-the-wall, the quarter snack becomes a symbol of a simpler time, back when you were content with skating on a diet that could lead to diabetes if not phased out by 19. That’s when things were less complicated and a lot more fun.
tumblr_inline_mwmc31FXe51rbrja2.gif

You still got them? I remember that thread lol The ad with Gino was ill

Nope I wore them in a mud run; they were pretty dirty so I said F it

I like how DiscountBoardshop on eBay is selling them for $150 :lol:

Last edited:
I got the challenge court and still have them (white/green) they're pretty comfortable. I have a tendency to wear them towards the end of summer when I start breaking out the fall colors, that green on them is so nice.

Wish I'd have gone ahead and picked up the black/purple pair too.

Just moved back to my hometown so I'm job hunting.

Tbh tho even when I have a job I will probably wear the same stuff

J Crew
Baldwin or Gap selvedge
Mitchell and Ness or BBC on the weekends

Back
Top Bottom