2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I 100% disagree with you. You cant compare a pair of retro sneakers to a comic book. theres definitely a gray area of what a shoe is worth and when it is deemed worth more than retail, but If nike suggests 100 dollars for a shoe at a given time, I also consider anything higher than that resellers market price if the MSRP of the shoe has not gone up.

Huh?

Pardon me if I misunderstood you but the last half of that is a huge run-on sentence.

It's worth what we as a "sneaker community" decide its worth.

Just like ppl who collect comics determine what it's worth.

The "grey area" of value applies to everything.

You know that groceries have some the highest mark ups of anything u can buy?

I 100% disagree with you. You cant compare a pair of retro sneakers to a comic book. theres definitely a gray area of what a shoe is worth and when it is deemed worth more than retail, but If nike suggests 100 dollars for a shoe at a given time, I also consider anything higher than that resellers market price if the MSRP of the shoe has not gone up.

Huh?

Pardon me if I misunderstood you but the last half of that is a huge run-on sentence.

It's worth what we as a "sneaker community" decide its worth.

Just like ppl who collect comics determine what it's worth.

The "grey area" of value applies to everything.

You know that groceries have some the highest mark ups of anything u can buy?
again bad comparison. You cannot compare a pair of retro sneakers to a parishable, edible item. Sinceyour not understanding let me just make it simple:

any price outside of MSRP is resellers, or if you want to call it "sneaker community"s net worth value. To me, i could give a crap less its both the same thing to me. Not saying that im not willing to pay a tiny bit over MSRP at times, but in my opinion, I dont think ANY sneaker is WORTH more than it.

Last edited:
well im not talking about every item in America I'm talking about sneakers in relation to me and my intentions for purchasing them. I don't buy sneakers for a profit, I buy them to wear them therefore even if their value goes up 500% it is irrelevant to me. I understand the market of collectibles but again I don't look at a sneaker as a collectible. Obviously it is a suggested retail price and the retailer can sell it for whatever they please, but I am only stating this as it relates to sneakers so I'm not saying you're amazing spiderman collection isn't worth anything calm down. 

To simply put it I'm just saying if I miss a release I will not pay an inflated price to get them. I don't know how that's ignorant, but whatever you say champ

Well, to me, I just intend to read that comic or use that stamp to mail a letter to my penpal in Nepal that I lost touch with after the third grade, so to me it is only worth its face value. ...How is that different from what you said?

Nobody cares what YOU think an item is worth because you don't set the market. Nobody cares if YOU don't view sneakers as collectibles because the world says they are... more so than comics or probably stamps at this moment in time.

Your comment was ignorant because you were ignoring the larger context in which everything you were speaking on exists, in favor of prioritizing your own, personal, anecdotal, and biased view. You may be right about one thing though - ignorance suggests that you don't know better. So, maybe it wasn't ignorant. If you do know better, but were refusing to acknowledge the larger truths because they conflict with your personal preference, then you were just flexing your cognitive dissonance instead. Hope that's a meaningful difference for ya.

And, I assume you've never sold a shoe? And, if you had a full set of silver boxes and something happened and you needed money, you'd sell them to me for box price? Because the "value" other people put on them is irrelevant and your view of their "worth" is the only thing that matters? And, to you they're worth like $80 each?...

This is barely even English, but you are wrong. There's a grey area for what anything that is deemed collectible is worth - from a sneaker, to a comic book, to a Renoir. There's no distinction between a "resellers[sic] market price" and a market price in this conversation anyway. Once a sneaker is off the primary market, it is only available on the secondary (reseller) market. The reseller market is the market. ...Hell, sometimes the "reseller" market begins in the primary market as retail locations mark up the price.

A lot of you seem to forget that Nike doesn't sell shoes to you or me (in SBs even more than anything). Rather, they sell products to retailers. The consumer isn't even a part of the very first, true primary transaction in the life of that product - that's between Nike and the retailers with Nike accounts. The reason you see stores so freely adjusting box price in SBs is directly related to that factor. All other Nike products are a lot easier to get through Nike, so there exists a large scale "box price" competitor. This isn't the case for SBs because they are not sold through NDC and barely through Nike brick and mortar stores. Without that anchor - it's all arbitrary and all a guess. ...Something is worth what somebody is willing to pay for it. A sneaker has no intrinsic value - it isn't a natural resource, it isn't a conductor of electricity, and it doesn't matter what's written on the side of the box either.

I will waste no more time on this.

Last edited:
everyone has an opinion guys. take it however you want no need to try an impose each others way of thinking unto one another. with that said 

well im not talking about every item in America I'm talking about sneakers in relation to me and my intentions for purchasing them. I don't buy sneakers for a profit, I buy them to wear them therefore even if their value goes up 500% it is irrelevant to me. I understand the market of collectibles but again I don't look at a sneaker as a collectible. Obviously it is a suggested retail price and the retailer can sell it for whatever they please, but I am only stating this as it relates to sneakers so I'm not saying you're amazing spiderman collection isn't worth anything calm down. 

To simply put it I'm just saying if I miss a release I will not pay an inflated price to get them. I don't know how that's ignorant, but whatever you say champ

Well, to me, I just intend to read that comic or use that stamp to mail a letter to my penpal in Nepal that I lost touch with after the third grade, so to me it is only worth its face value. ...How is that different from what you said?

Nobody cares what YOU think an item is worth because you don't set the market. Nobody cares if YOU don't view sneakers as collectibles because the world says they are... more so than comics or probably stamps at this moment in time.

Your comment was ignorant because you were ignoring the larger context in which everything you were speaking on exists, in favor of prioritizing your own, personal, anecdotal, and biased view. You may be right about one thing though - ignorance suggests that you don't know better. So, maybe it wasn't ignorant. If you do know better, but were refusing to acknowledge the larger truths because they conflict with your personal preference, then you were just flexing your cognitive dissonance instead. Hope that's a meaningful difference for ya.

And, I assume you've never sold a shoe? And, if you had a full set of silver boxes and something happened and you needed money, you'd sell them to me for box price? Because the "value" other people put on them is irrelevant and your view of their "worth" is the only thing that matters? And, to you they're worth like $80 each?...

This is barely even English, but you are wrong. There's a grey area for what anything that is deemed collectible is worth - from a sneaker, to a comic book, to a Renoir. There's no distinction between a "resellers[sic] market price" and a market price in this conversation anyway. Once a sneaker is off the primary market, it is only available on the secondary (reseller) market. The reseller market is the market. ...Hell, sometimes the "reseller" market begins in the primary market as retail locations mark up the price.

A lot of you seem to forget that Nike doesn't sell shoes to you or me (in SBs even more than anything). Rather, they sell products to retailers. The consumer isn't even a part of the very first, true primary transaction in the life of that product - that's between Nike and the retailers with Nike accounts. The reason you see stores so freely adjusting box price in SBs is directly related to that factor. All other Nike products are a lot easier to get through Nike, so there exists a large scale "box price" competitor. This isn't the case for SBs because they are not sold through NDC and barely through Nike brick and mortar stores. Without that anchor - it's all arbitrary and all a guess. ...Something is worth what somebody is willing to pay for it. A sneaker has no intrinsic value - it isn't a natural resource, it isn't a conductor of electricity, and it doesn't matter what's written on the side of the box either.

there was nothing wrong with my english other than a run on and some apostrophes.... english nazis on the internet......

Your totally missing the point. the OP was just talking about face value, as in the primary market, and that to him and his buying decisions, he will not buy shoes that are higher than the suggested MSRP because they are not truly worth that much. I agree with this way of thinking totally and think more people should do so instead of jumping the gun on rape prices and inflating what shoes are worth in the reseller market. that was the only point he was trying to make.

Last edited:
Future Skateshop has an 8.5 and 11 left. (559) 584-1220.

My search for a size 8 at retail continues...

PLUS SKATE SHOP (800) 448-7723 has a size 8 for you and they're selling them at box price. There's no need to repost shops that I already dropped.

well it matters what I think when I'm giving MY opinion... I never said it was the correct opinion, I was just clarifying that when I purchase a sneaker it is because I like that particular sneaker for what it looks like, not the value from the "sneaker community". I don't know why this enrages you to write paragraphs but hey if it makes you feel better knock yourself out. You're the ignorant one trying to make it seem like I said these were factual statements... just how I feel broham. No if I had a stack of kicks to sell I would sell them to you for the inflated value because that is what you value them at, regardless of what I would sell them for they still would be worth box price to me holmes. 

regardless of what I would sell them for they still would be worth box price to me holmes. 
this doesn't make sense. they are worth, to you, whatever you sell them for...

can we quit bickering about price and just all try to snag kicks for whatever we think is reasonable? keep sharing the love. If you don't like the price, pass and let someone else at it

^^^ I think there's a difference between what you would sell for and what you would buy for. If I was selling something I'd try to get as much as I could, but I wouldn't pay the same amount for it if I was looking to buy. If that makes sense

Last edited:
this doesn't make sense. they are worth, to you, whatever you sell them for...

can we quit bickering about price and just all try to snag kicks for whatever we think is reasonable? keep sharing the love. If you don't like the price, pass and let someone else at it
That's my point is I don't look at them as a way to make money, but if i could make that money if you will pay for it why not. If jordan decided to sell some PEs that he got for free and he just wanted to make some $ he doesn't have to value the sneaker at the price he sold it for, to him it could mean nothing more than a way to make a few dollars. The value to the seller doesn't need to match the value the consumer places on it. Difference of opinion is what makes the world great I have my view you have yours simple as that.

Last edited:
^^^ I think there's a difference between what you would sell for and what you would buy for. If I was selling something I'd try to get as much as I could, but I wouldn't pay the same amount for it if I was looking to buy. If that makes sense
If you have the shoes in hand and wouldn't take retail for them, even though you would buy another pair at retail, aren't they worth more to you then?

I'm not trying to argue against good business practice. by all means, buy as low as you can and sell as high as you can. or want

Last edited:
If you have the shoes in hand and wouldn't take retail for them, even though you would buy another pair at retail, aren't they worth more to you then?
You could say that. Or it could be that you know OTHER people value them more, so they will pay more. Just depends on the person I guess

PLUS SKATE SHOP (800) 448-7723 has a size 8 for you and they're selling them at box price. There's no need to repost shops that I already dropped.
Thanks! Didn't have to pay any tax/shipping either.

As for posting the shops, I was just trying to help out anyone else still looking so they wouldn't have to go on a wild goose chase calling everywhere like I was. But OK, I guess I won't do that anymore...

Man, this is really starting to take away from whats good about this thread.  We are all here to help each other and gain information about the sneakers we love.  Everyone is allowed their own opinion, guys just gotta learn to let this slide.  There will always be some here(and in life) that don't see things the way the majority do.  THAT'S OK. Let them say whatever they'd like and lets all move on.  None of us will be able to change the landscape of the resellers market by pointing out how others should operate.  Some sneaker prices are just out of this world and to all that are here and know our sh*t we see it and laugh.  Yes, I wish it was different and less people were out to make a buck on shoes that they don't want, BUT THAT'S LIFE!  This thread looks so much better filled with positivity, let's bring it back.  Clearly the whole 'If you owned a skateshop?' failed to derail the BS.  And props to John for his consistency, not jumpin in on the BS and just keepin the real ish comin. Keepin the real side of this thread alive!! 

Back
Top Bottom