2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I hate to bring JB talk in here but what if Nike "remastered" dunks. Raised prices a bit but started using better leather/suede with better padding and comfort? How much better would Dunks, even GRs sell? 

That's going backwards dude lol stores can't sell shoes for $90 right now, why would raising the price make sense?

I hate to bring JB talk in here but what if Nike "remastered" dunks. Raised prices a bit but started using better leather/suede with better padding and comfort? How much better would Dunks, even GRs sell? 

The same as they do now. Majority waiting for clearance prices except for the pairs that resellers think will be able to turn a profit on. Hopefully the Holy Grail will keep them away for a while now though.

I like the current retro method of high to low/low to high. Keeps the original truly original but gives newcomers a chance at getting the shoes and at a lower price instead of paying the high prices for older pairs.

I was talking to the guy who own my local about this. He can't move GRs at retail when guys like Shoejocky are selling them 25% off or more within a few weeks, and then they're hitting outlets a few weeks thereafter. He runs sales here and there but it doesn't help him move everything. Speaking of.. How are some of these guys like Shoejocky getting their stock and able to discount it almost immediately and still make money? Is he just making money on the volume he moves, or is he somehow getting them even cheaper than wholesale?

Last edited:
That's going backwards dude lol stores can't sell shoes for $90 right now, why would raising the price make sense?
Only because I feel like part of the decline in dunks was material quality, at least to some small degree. Original ideas is obviously the bigger issue, as people are willing to pay for releases that have thought put into them.

Not that I want dunks to get hype, I like waiting for discounts and clearance. Just musing over your post about GRs sitting or selling for wholesale. If GRs had good leather or Quartersnacks suede I would be way more inclined to buy some stuff that has released. 

Last edited:
Nike SB is running an unsustainable business model.

At least at the retailer level.

We'll see how this plays out.

The Spring 2016 catalog is heartbreaking though. There's like 5 new shoes, and not one of them looks skateable.

I was talking to the guy who own my local about this. He can't move GRs at retail when guys like Shoejocky are selling them 25% off or more within a few weeks, and then they're hitting outlets a few weeks thereafter. He runs sales here and there but it doesn't help him move everything. Speaking of.. How are some of these guys like Shoejocky getting their stock and able to discount it almost immediately and still make money? Is he just making money on the volume he moves, or is he somehow getting them even cheaper than wholesale?
I'm assuming it's the volume he sells. Plus being the first to sell at $75 before Premier/Concepts have their sales has to help. He offers the lowest price the soonest. 

Last edited:
The prices get raised so nike makes more. Obviously the retailer loses when they can't off the shoes for msrp, even 30 or 40 percent off.
Nike still gets their money if the shop doesn't get theirs.
Yep, unsustainable business model for a small retailer.
Spot and premier and the like can get away with this as they move so much other product, but the little guys will fall if they haven't already.
Online sales just compound this issue. Who of us will buy local at 100 bucks if you can get it online for 60?

I like to buy mine from my locals as soon as they release.... Usually for around retail for two reasons
#1 I like to have my pairs guaranteed, so if they know I'm buying them I don't have to stress at all ever.... Lately it hasn't been much of a benefit because every release has been easy to get later or at discount..... But next time something hot/limited/hype happens I'm golden
#2 I like supporting the local and getting my stuff right now vs waiting a few days to a week

Now if stuff was online at $60 and they still wanted $100 I won't do it.... But both of my spots know when stuff should be on disco
I've picked up many GRs for $50 locally because they were sitting

Heres a shoe i really wished they released. Charlie browns. Very cool idea and prob would have been a hit.

One of my favorite GRs.

Such a nice looking shoe. Ordered a pair from Greece and it's been stuck at JFK in NYC since July 25th smh

I've thought about that as well. Maybe he's got a shop who plugs him with FSR's at cost. True the shop makes next to nothing, but at least they are always unloading all these new releases. Thus leaving revenue for other things they stock to be the bread and butter of the business?

Heres a shoe i really wished they released. Charlie browns. Very cool idea and prob would have been a hit.

Without a doubt! I don't care for the strap on mids, but an exacto knife cleanly fixes that. Is the blue canvas on that shoe?

Last edited:
Yeah, not feeling any of Q1&2 releases and the only SBs I'm currently adding are older releases and further I go back, the less I get because older dunks get harder to come by or aftermarket prices are too high to justify.

I would be interested if Nike SB did a "best of" run of older renoun pairs and just release them as they were.

Going the remastered route will spell disaster for everyone because Nike will pick and choose what will get attention, resellers will only snag up what's hot to flip, regulars buyers will get honked again and ill end up burning the roof of my mouth with a grilled cheese, again.

Last edited:
Yeah, not feeling any of Q1&2 releases and the only SBs I'm currently adding are older releases and further I go back, the less I get because older dunks get harder to come by or aftermarket prices are too high to justify.

I would be interested if Nike SB did a "best of" run of older renoun pairs and just release them as they were.

Going the remastered route will spell disaster for everyone because Nike will pick and choose what will get attention, resellers will only snag up what's hot to flip, regulars buyers will get honked again and ill end up burning the roof of my mouth with a grilled cheese, again.
I agree. Picking and choosing would just feed the resellers but even then I don't think that would help out Nike SB. It's a good short term strategy until they have to go back to making ehh GRs that people might pick up at 50% off. 

Hot Rod La has some sweet decks from a recent art show up on their page
Featuring pigeon, Paris and Tiffany dunks
$80 but sweet looking

Last edited:
Yea they would have come out in 09. Few different pairs were samples at the same timr including. Jokers. Iron man lows and a differnt colorway for the goofy boy highs

Another great goofy boy sample:

I was so let down when they took the plaid off the mid panel

Nike SB is running an unsustainable business model.

At least at the retailer level.

We'll see how this plays out.

The Spring 2016 catalog is heartbreaking though. There's like 5 new shoes, and not one of them looks skateable.

Maybe they should release less GR SB dunk models every year... You'll obviously flood the market with as many releases as they have had recently.

Back
Top Bottom