2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

From what I've heard, it sounds like they are trying to phase the IW association out of these non padded tongue SBs..

i am wondering how many of you guys that keep on ranting about those thin-tongued/IWs and act as if they were a completely different shoe, do actually own and wear at least one pair of these... and not just tried them on in the shop for 2 minutes.

i agree that the classic thick tongue design is better and much more iconic at that but come on... the IWs are not that bad as many here do make them out to be and the dunk-silhouette that we all appreciate so much is still very very much there!
most colorways were solid (red/gum, black/gum, BMWs of course, hell i even like the very first, the blue ones, as they got some nice details on them.. and now sea crystals and imo fire brown/gums..)

And doesnt the slimmer design just add another look to the palette..?

sometimes or with some fits i really do appreciate the less bulky maybe more elegant (dont take that word too seriously though) look and feel, they do act differently with pants with smaller leg openings, etc..

most of us here sit on plenty of thick-tongued pairs anyway and of course we do love them but 
1. nike wont stop to produce those, in slower frequencies maybe, but still.
2. used/resell market for thick-tounged models is still big, at least for you lucky guys in the US.. and prices are falling. 
3. change/evolution has to happen as a general rule in life and everywhere and especially from a standpoint of a company.

someone remembers the switch in the mid-late nineties from wider and bigger decks to shorter and slimmer ones? 
it's not the same of course but you get my drift..

i am relatively new to this thread with my 2-figure-reputation and am much much less of an expert than most of you guys but in my eyes at the end of the day the whole IW-thing adds more than it takes away and therefore it shouldnt be so condemned but could rather be embraced.

having said that, i really hope that the box series (thick tongue!) will release here in europe as well!

cheers

Last edited:
Heard allocation for the Orange Box lows is mad limited...most small to mid level shops only getting 12 pairs.

My thoughts on the Orange Box...love the insoles, like the idea of the embossed box on the heel.

Hate the black outsole, makes no sense. If the leather is supposed to be "premium" it looks waaay stiff in the official pics.  Wanted to like these a lot more than I do.    

Anyone excited for all the 5 blazer lows that are releasing?

i am wondering how many of you guys that keep on ranting about those thin-tongued/IWs and act as if they were a completely different shoe, do actually own and wear at least one pair of these... and not just tried them on in the shop for 2 minutes.

i agree that the classic thick tongue design is better and much more iconic at that but come on... the IWs are not that bad as many here do make them out to be and the dunk-silhouette that we all appreciate so much is still very very much there!

most colorways were solid (red/gum, black/gum, BMWs of course, hell i even like the very first, the blue ones, as they got some nice details on them.. and now sea crystals and imo fire brown/gums..)

And doesnt the slimmer design just add another look to the palette..?
sometimes or with some fits i really do appreciate the less bulky maybe more elegant (dont take that word too seriously though) look and feel, they do act differently with pants with smaller leg openings, etc..

most of us here sit on plenty of thick-tongued pairs anyway and of course we do love them but 

1. nike wont stop to produce those, in slower frequencies maybe, but still.

2. used/resell market for thick-tounged models is still big, at least for you lucky guys in the US.. and prices are falling. 

3. change/evolution has to happen as a general rule in life and everywhere and especially from a standpoint of a company.

someone remembers the switch in the mid-late nineties from wider and bigger decks to shorter and slimmer ones? 

it's not the same of course but you get my drift..

i am relatively new to this thread with my 2-figure-reputation and am much much less of an expert than most of you guys but in my eyes at the end of the day the whole IW-thing adds more than it takes away and therefore it shouldnt be so condemned but could rather be embraced.

having said that, i really hope that the box series (thick tongue!) will release here in europe as well!
cheers
IWs look grotesque you dont even need to look at the tongue just look at the upper heel area it looks like its thin AF... the brown upper and sea crystal lows looked good until i saw the heel and realized they were IW **** that **** man

delti delti I get what ur saying brother but still... Id rather pass on all those ishod joints and cop older pairs if im gonna buying anything, but thats me.

Back
Top Bottom