2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

My opinion on retros for people saying they couldn't get their hands on them, simple answer was because you was never into SBs cause they were ALL easily available when they released. People just hopped into SBs way to late

Maybe yes. Maybe no. It's funny how what we consider "easy" today was considered a huge pain in the butt back in the day. I remember when I heard that people were going to camp a few hours late night at the NERD/ESPO release. I was like, eff that - that's absolutely absurd. I still feel that way, personally. But, nowadays people don't think twice about something like that.

...There was basically a riot in NYC for the Pigeons.

Let's not forget that SB essentially started this hysteria for sneakers.

So, in retrospect, it may not have been all that difficult to secure some of these legendary releases - especially if you were willing to pay over box price - but by the standards of the time, I wouldn't say that all these releases were "easy."

Invoiced off NDSBG. Like I said if they're fake I'll just get my money back via Paypal protection. I'll post pics up here when received.

I hope they're real - but why would somebody who knows enough to join a group dedicated to NSB off legit DS Bucks for $75? That doesn't make any sense. If you think you are about to come up though, I'd say contact the seller and ask what else he has. If he has stuff like that and is willing to sell for that cheap, buy the dude's whole collection!

Just wondering if anyone else has ordered from UNITE today?  I had the item in my cart, used the promo code, entered payment info and upon hitting 'submit' I was redirected to what looked like a broken home page.  As of right now my card was not charged, but neither email address works for them (got delivery failed msg) and no one is answering the phone.  I'm not terribly worried about it as long as my card isn't charged, was just gonna grab those mogan mids for some winter beaters, but I'm still curious if others ordered with no issue.  Thanks in advance for any help/info..
Hey, I believe I have ordered from them twice already and just recently picked up thei orange canvas High SB like about a month ago. I had issues entering the promo codes as well as not being able to pick a shipping option as it would give me an error. Twice I emailed their support email and they responded within minutes and they fixed the issue. I would suggest you email them. Both orders came fine after those issues.

Last edited:
My opinion on retros for people saying they couldn't get their hands on them, simple answer was because you was never into SBs cause they were ALL easily available when they released. People just hopped into SBs way to late

They might have been available but easily available is entirely relative. I was 22 when the Luckys/UnLuckys came out. I went with the Uns because I prefer black shoes, and back then, I could only afford one pair of shoes at a time. If I had the money would I have purchased both? Probably not. Do I now wish I purchased them both and kept them on ice? Sure I do!

Last edited:
or maybe they just couldn't afford them or maybe too young? no way my 14 year old self was gonna camp out for some tiffs, let alone even afford them.

Last edited:
Why would you not wear a $500 shoe? If you don't want to spend that much or can't afford to, that's fine. But, a shoe is a shoe. I have stuff I don't wear for various reasons, but price isn't one of them. If you are thinking they are investments - then you shouldn't be hesitant to buy them because even if you don't wear them, you are going to get a return on that investment. If you want to wear them, then you shouldn't really care about reducing their value by wearing them... and it's not like they become worthless when they are worn anyway. So, it doesn't make sense to me. If you want them for whatever reason and can afford them, it makes sense to buy them.

I would not wear a $500 shoe because I don't like to spend that much on items when there are comparable items for much less. A shoe that is worn will eventually fall apart. I'd rather have the $90 shoe fall apart than the $500 one. That isn't to say that I don't like wearing nice things, but I think that their is a threshold and once I cross that line than the item is to valuable to wear and devalue. My threshold is probably about $175. Anything beyond that, I probably won't wear, or won't buy. For others that number is different. My number is probably higher than 99% of Americans. However, I know some people on here have a much higher price threshold.

I do spend a lot of money on shoes that I have some sort of emotional attachment to. Some shoes I find unique and enjoy having as a collectible item, some I find to be pieces of art, some are just plain cool an I enjoy having. I don't just buy any shoe as a collectable item, because some are not interesting to me. I used the Tiffany's for example, because I would wear them but they are too expensive for me to wear. However, I don't particularly wish to own a pair as a collectible since I don't have any emotional attachment to that particular shoe. It doesn't make me happy, I don't consider it terribly artistic etc...

or maybe they just couldn't afford them or maybe too young? no way my 14 year old self was gonna camp out for some tiffs, let alone even afford them.

I beat you to that point man!

REPPED!!

And... Even today I can't buy every single pair that I like. Very few people can.

Last edited:
Damn all these good deals, I'm still patiently waiting for the navy/red highs to get these discounts.

I be the first to admit that I wasn't into SBs, the camp outs, the ugly color ways and the overall scene was foreign to me.

I would not wear a $500 shoe because I don't like to spend that much on items when there are comparable items for much less. A shoe that is worn will eventually fall apart. I'd rather have the $90 shoe fall apart than the $500 one. That isn't to say that I don't like wearing nice things, but I think that their is a threshold and once I cross that line than the item is to valuable to wear and devalue. My threshold is probably about $175. Anything beyond that, I probably won't wear, or won't buy. For others that number is different. My number is probably higher than 99% of Americans. However, I know some people on here have a much higher price threshold.

I do spend a lot of money on shoes that I have some sort of emotional attachment to. Some shoes I find unique and enjoy having as a collectible item, some I find to be pieces of art, some are just plain cool an I enjoy having. I don't just buy any shoe as a collectable item, because some are not interesting to me. I used the Tiffany's for example, because I would wear them but they are too expensive for me to wear. However, I don't particularly wish to own a pair as a collectible since I don't have any emotional attachment to that particular shoe. It doesn't make me happy, I don't consider it terribly artistic etc...

This is essentially saying something different though. You are basically saying that you don't think that pair (or maybe almost any pair) is "worth" that price.

You could take you next argument to the next level and say why spend $90 on a pair of shoes when you can buy comparable products for less.

I don't know how Tiffs are going to fall apart though... I mean, you have a lot of sneakers, right? How often are you going to wear them and what are you going to do with them? Say you buy a pair for $500 - probably a "VNDS" pair at that price, right? So, you wear them a few dozen times and keep them in good condition. Couldn't you then sell them for $300 if you wanted to? So, what did it really cost you to have that shoe that you wanted? Not $500, but actually $200. You pay for the depreciation of the item for which you are responsible, and you can still cash in the rest.

...Would you not drive a new car off the lot? I mean as soon as you so, you are devaluing that - and you are losing way more money than you would from a shoe?

That's an extreme analogy, but my point is that while value weighs in the equation for most people - I don't pretend that it doesn't for me - there's a point at which it starts to defy common sense to consider it so strongly in your decisions.

Last edited:
Late arrival
Such an amazing shoe.  Nice pickup fam.
not sure if posted already but UNITE has " 40% off all Nike SB items...use promo code: NIKESBAUG"

photo

Size 8-12  $94.99 $56.99  http://store.unitefootwear.com/nike-sb-dunk-high-pro-tropical-teal-305050-371/dp/12050
Tempted as hell.  I have a feeling that these will be avail at many shops in that price range eventually, but these are my favorite recent GR. 

This is essentially saying something different though. You are basically saying that you don't think that pair (or maybe almost any pair) is "worth" that price.

You could take you next argument to the next level and say why spend $90 on a pair of shoes when you can buy comparable products for less.

I don't know how Tiffs are going to fall apart though... I mean, you have a lot of sneakers, right? How often are you going to wear them and what are you going to do with them? Say you buy a pair for $500 - probably a "VNDS" pair at that price, right? So, you wear them a few dozen times and keep them in good condition. Couldn't you then sell them for $300 if you wanted to? So, what did it really cost you to have that shoe that you wanted? Not $500, but actually $200. You pay for the depreciation of the item for which you are responsible, and you can still cash in the rest.

...Would you not drive a new car off the lot? I mean as soon as you so, you are devaluing that - and you are losing way more money than you would from a shoe?

That's an extreme analogy, but my point is that while value weighs in the equation for most people - I don't pretend that it doesn't for me - there's a point at which it starts to defy common sense to consider it so strongly in your decisions.
Making a return to the thread in grand fashion.

There was once a point where I'd exercise extreme caution with certain pairs, but it's not worth the stress.  If you've been in this long and have shoes on top of shoes, it's going to be difficult to run a single pair into the ground.  That's the beauty of shoes like SBs, AF1s, and AJ1's.  Even if you beat them like Tina, they're not going to crumble on you.

Maybe yes. Maybe no. It's funny how what we consider "easy" today was considered a huge pain in the butt back in the day. I remember when I heard that people were going to camp a few hours late night at the NERD/ESPO release. I was like, eff that - that's absolutely absurd. I still feel that way, personally. But, nowadays people don't think twice about something like that.

...There was basically a riot in NYC for the Pigeons.

Let's not forget that SB essentially started this hysteria for sneakers.

So, in retrospect, it may not have been all that difficult to secure some of these legendary releases - especially if you were willing to pay over box price - but by the standards of the time, I wouldn't say that all these releases were "easy."
QFT...

The Artists Series was my first camp out was gunning for the Espo's but ended up Pharrells and those damn HB Rifts... 
embarassed.gif

Steal on those Stussy...

That's actually cheaper than what most shops in my area charged during their initial release...
Those Stussy's
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
I still need to pick up the unStussy highs.
$130 for DS stussys? dayummmm
smokin.gif
Bangin' price on those stussys!
thanks guys.. if you have the stamina to navigate through the the over-priced recently released Jordan retros, you can sometimes come across something dope on Craigslist

Last edited:

All valid points. I can't really argue anything you said really.

I think we're talking about different things however. This all started about retroing SB's. Your statement proves my point. You said that I could buy a VNDS Tiffany for about $500, wear it a few times, then resell it for $300. Now these numbers are just an estimate but they're probably close.
So using that information, I've spent $200 to get a few dozen uses out of a shoe. All I'm saying is that I'd rather pay $90 for a retro version of that shoe, and not have to worry about resale, and also not worry about taking good care of it, since I won't have to resell it to get back part of my investment.
The reason I'm willing to pay $90 for a comparable shoe, is that $90 is what a shoe of that quality costs retail. The quality of the lower priced shoes can be lower, and is not the product I'm looking to buy, which in this case are Nike SB's.

Also, I've never driven a new car off of the lot. I've always purchased fairly new cars coming off of lease. I do this because, as you pointed out, the car looses half it's value when it rolls off the lot.

In the end, you are correct. I'm just stating what a product is worth to me, and no one else.

And as far as defying common sense, I could argue that a disposable product, in this case sneakers, is no where near worth $500 (or more). I feel paying $500 for a sneaker that will eventually be worthless defies common sense. Maybe as a collectible, but not as a product that I would plan on using on a regular basis.

The point i would most importantly like to get across is this. I'm not knocking anyone, but to me $500 and beyond is far to much for me to spend on a shoe that I'm going to wear with regularity. It's just my opinion. I do buy shoes in that price range, but as collectibles that have value other than money to me.

I hope y'all have a good day. Don't think I'm not trying to get my hands on some Denim Forbes, I'm just gunna keep em on ice.

And, FTR, I don't want you to think I was attacking you - just throwing out some food for thought.

The one thing I will say is this - unless you are talking about finite natural resources, nothing is really worth anything, inherently. Why is gold worth anything - its a crappy conductor - a shiny (and not even all that naturally shiny) element that people have arbitrarily decided to be valuable. If there's a community that places value on an object, it's valuable. Sure, the intrinsic value of a pair of Tiffs is no different than the value of the next pair, but there's a market that says otherwise. So, either you play that game, or you abstain - but your (or my) personal opinion on what is worth what doesn't really amount to a hill of beans in the grand scheme of things - though it will heavily influence what we decide to buy nor not buy.

I totally respect the opinion that Tiffs aren't worth their market price, and I actually agree

....which begs the question of why I don't sell my pair(s).

So, either you play that game, or you abstain - but your (or my) personal opinion on what is worth what doesn't really amount to a hill of beans in the grand scheme of things - though it will heavily influence what we decide to buy nor not buy.
^^^^
This.

...I think getting into the intrinsic value of things is going a little beyond the point, but I get what your saying.

I'm not even totally saying that Tiffs aren't worth their market price, maybe they are? I'm just saying that I'm not willing to pay the market price for them as they don't suit my needs at that price. However, I would pay for a retro of them because at a retro price, they do suit my needs.

Good conversation though man. This thread is the best. It's rare to have an intelligent conversation about anything online, let alone sneakers.

Last edited:
All valid points. I can't really argue anything you said really.

I think we're talking about different things however. This all started about retroing SB's. Your statement proves my point. You said that I could buy a VNDS Tiffany for about $500, wear it a few times, then resell it for $300. Now these numbers are just an estimate but they're probably close.
So using that information, I've spent $200 to get a few dozen uses out of a shoe. All I'm saying is that I'd rather pay $90 for a retro version of that shoe, and not have to worry about resale, and also not worry about taking good care of it, since I won't have to resell it to get back part of my investment.
The reason I'm willing to pay $90 for a comparable shoe, is that $90 is what a shoe of that quality costs retail. The quality of the lower priced shoes can be lower, and is not the product I'm looking to buy, which in this case are Nike SB's.

Also, I've never driven a new car off of the lot. I've always purchased fairly new cars coming off of lease. I do this because, as you pointed out, the car looses half it's value when it rolls off the lot.

In the end, you are correct. I'm just stating what a product is worth to me, and no one else.

And as far as defying common sense, I could argue that a disposable product, in this case sneakers, is no where near worth $500 (or more). I feel paying $500 for a sneaker that will eventually be worthless defies common sense. Maybe as a collectible, but not as a product that I would plan on using on a regular basis.

The point i would most importantly like to get across is this. I'm not knocking anyone, but to me $500 and beyond is far to much for me to spend on a shoe that I'm going to wear with regularity. It's just my opinion. I do buy shoes in that price range, but as collectibles that have value other than money to me.

I hope y'all have a good day. Don't think I'm not trying to get my hands on some Denim Forbes, I'm just gunna keep em on ice.
i agree with most of what you said. except if they retro the tiffs i think you would have a hard time getting a pair for $90.

it's always been my philosophy to set a price ceiling for any shoe and if i couldn't get them at that price to pass. when they first came out i liked the tiffs but didn't love them so i told myself i would cop at $20 over retail max. the best i could find at the time was $40 over so i passed. no regrets.

In other news...

Check the starting price, that's crazy! And this isn't the only one, they're all over.
Are these dudes just trying to pull a fast one? Or will the Supreme ID's go for big $$$ someday?

Last edited:
accidentally spilled water on the toe box of the WOF last night and now I have 3 little water stains... wtf. Anyone know how to get that out?

In other news...

Check the starting price, that's crazy! And this isn't the only one, they're all over.
Are these dudes just trying to pull a fast one? Or will the Supreme ID's go for big $$$ someday?
You'd be surprised at how many ******s are trying to trick people into buying these. I've seen a lot of listings like this.

Back
Top Bottom