2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I hear what you're saying, but using AR on this release out of nowhere and the Air Max Day nonsense they pulled (I know people that are hardcore AM1 heads and they were livid.) isn't the same. The way I see it, folks aren't upset that they sold out or that they're possibly limited. That happens, there's fake sellouts on SNKRS from what I see, all the time. It's the jumping through the hoops that I don't understand. When those Atmos were released you knew they were a QS days before the release, if you did your homework. There were a few spots that got them and they were made available and you knew the rules of the game. This nonsense literally just pops up and then it doesn't even work correctly from people reporting in here. That's not how you should treat a release for SB at this point. I love respectfully debating SB with my SB sisters and brothers in here. You folks are the best! I'm super passionate about SB. But, I just can't get behind this stuff for people that had to deal with this today on SNKRS.
The (unfortunate?) fact is that we still will go through those hoops. They make us want the product enough that we'll camp out, we'll create multiple accounts, we'll check forums to see the quickest way to get em. Nike cares about how consumers buy their products, but they don't care who, when, where, or why. So they can still do what they want, and we'll still do what we have to. Even if you and I don't go jump through the hoops, two more people will.

But for those of you who actually want the shoes, don't sweat it. They'll either be a wider release or you can cop one of the other ten styles of high top black dunk and gum sole variants that nike's put out.

Last edited:
The (unfortunate?) fact is that we still will go through those hoops. They make us want the product enough that we'll camp out, we'll create multiple accounts, we'll check forums to see the quickest way to get em. Nike cares about how consumers buy their products, but they don't care who, when, where, or why. So they can still do what they want, and we'll still do what we have to. Even if you and I don't go jump through the hoops, two more people will.

But for those of you who actually want the shoes, don't sweat it. They'll either be a wider release or you can cop one of the other ten styles of high top black dunk and gum sole variants that nike's put out.

This. Man. Knows.

Besides the SOMP, I'm not high on black and gum unless there's details that make them pop. The black denim and waxed laces are those touches that made them a nice shoe to have.

Besides the SOMP, I'm not high on black and gum unless there's details that make them pop. The black denim and waxed laces are those touches that made them a nice shoe to have.

Whose+mans+is+this++_d236acce8238c86e74ba68e6923f6383.png

like pokemon go but now you trying to catch shoes
​lol yea, I like it...I think people are missing the bigger picture here.

This AR technology on the SNKRS app will make it close to impossible to bot. I like what I see...and even for BETA testing I feel it went alright...a little lag and glitches is only natural, give em a break lol

Last edited:

Pretty much.

And because there are so many other black/gum SBs is why I wasn't sweating this release. Between the black/gum pros with the snake swoosh, the SOMPs, Nontourages, and Quartersnacks, I probably need to chill on that combo anyways. 
laugh.gif

Black and gum is cool, but not a must have.

Pretty much.

And because there are so many other black/gum SBs is why I wasn't sweating this release. Between the black/gum pros with the snake swoosh, the SOMPs, Nontourages, and Quartersnacks, I probably need to chill on that combo anyways. :lol:

@Dcypoe81 bro what type of dudes say too much black/gum is a bad thing?!

The problem with your argument is that marketing strategy doesn't necessarily hold water for SB. Them poorly handling a release for the Momo (because for most the process didn't work) isn't going to force people out to camp or do any crazy things for the next SB release. That may work with Jordan Brand and other stuff, but not here. Think about it, I could make an good argument that SB has made more noise inside and outside of the SB community (which is what they'd care about more) dropping SBs that weren't as limited or even massive GRs (in SB terms of what a massive GR would be). Really think about it, recent releases like the Tiffany High and Pink Box Low had people outside of SB going and picking them up. There's also been HS like the SOMP and Blue Levis that outside of real SB heads, no one cared about. And it was WELL KNOWN that those were super limited. There's other stuff that's been hella limited that collected dust of shelves. People camp for shop collabs, those aren't limited at all (even the ISO get put online in decent quantities). Not properly handling a release shouldn't be looked at as a smart move or a way to gain interest of people. Especially when they seem to be so tone deaf that they can't consistently put together product that will fly off shelves on their own merit, even though they have TONS of classics in the vault and they're on their 15th year. You're giving them far too much credit. They don't even understand their core customer and that's been blatantly obvious for years. If the Momo's drop tomorrow at shops, do you think they'll sell out because of the poorly handled release today? I would say no. The same people that wanted this shoe today, were the same people that wanted the shoe before it dropped, terribly handled release or not.

Last edited:
For those of you in the NYC area, Supreme NYC has the Momofuku Dunk High, no phone orders instore only.

NO MORE TEAL! I know its just a box but damn how long are we gonna have these paper thin eyesores. Im not scared of change if youre listening Nike

i decided to go try to get them tomorrow morning on NDC.
While it's still true that black/gum is by far the most common theme in my collection, the momofukus would be the only ones that are ok-ish to wear in the rain. the others are all at least partly suede.

i decided to go try to get them tomorrow morning on NDC.
While it's still true that black/gum is by far the most common theme in my collection, the momofukus would be the only ones that are ok-ish to wear in the rain. the others are all at least partly suede.
This is so true. None of mine get rocked in the rain, and I live in Seattle! You, and others in certain European countries, can get them from Outback here too: http://www.outback-sylt.de/nike-sb-dunk-high-trd-qs-momofuku-9327

cool thank you for the link!
gonna try to use a 20%off-code on NDC though, but it's good to have a second option.

There you go fellas...Already starting to pop up outside of SNKRS...

Expect the usual online suspects to get loaded up at some point as well...

Back
Top Bottom