2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Black Melvin’s & Jason’s Next ^_^
99F3B3D4-FBEA-4BF8-A83C-542301257DB0.jpeg
Beautiful ds

The OGs were good but there is a few of us on here who see this lazy version for what they are.

#TeamNotFallingForTheHype
You
Me
@llerraj
@ninjatoes

and BabyKiller138 BabyKiller138 if he can follow his brain instead of his heart. :lol:
You're so right about them being hyped, but these types of collabs and themed drops are definitely what I love about SBs. They're obviously not the most creative, but I want to add them to the collection for sure.

The good and bad thing about this drop, and the recent SB energy we've been seeing (maybe or maybe not Travis Scott rocking them so much, but the Kyrie related stuff has to have some affect on even just people being aware of SBs of yesteryear), is that I'm hoping this translates into more and doper releases going forward, but it also adds (if even a little) hype to drops that otherwise would be crazy easy to grab, and in a lot of cases even wait until they go on disco. Of course, things could be completely unchanged this time next year, and I could be completely wrong, but I do get the feeling that SBs have at least a few more eyes (consumers and NSB creators) looking at them. I couldn't care less either way, as I love SBs regardless, but I'm all for better releasing. It feels like it's been so few and far between when it comes to really good pairs coming out.

From what I remember, rumor is the white Diamonds are skateshop only and black Diamonds are a NDC only release. We'll see if this rumor pans out though.
I hope you're right. I can handle NDC and skateshop releases, as this makes perfect sense, but don't give me any "ComplexCon only" madness. While I'm sure there are peeps there that love SBs, a "ComplexCon only" SB sounds weird to me. An Adidas, Yeezy, or Jordan; I can see. Not an SB. They'll be hyped all to hell, and grabbed mainly by resellers and hypebeasts.

You're so right about them being hyped, but these types of collabs and themed drops are definitely what I love about SBs. They're obviously not the most creative, but I want to add them to the collection for sure.

The good and bad thing about this drop, and the recent SB energy we've been seeing (maybe or maybe not Travis Scott rocking them so much, but the Kyrie related stuff has to have some affect on even just people being aware of SBs of yesteryear), is that I'm hoping this translates into more and doper releases going forward, but it also adds (if even a little) hype to drops that otherwise would be crazy easy to grab, and in a lot of cases even wait until they go on disco. Of course, things could be completely unchanged this time next year, and I could be completely wrong, but I do get the feeling that SBs have at least a few more eyes (consumers and NSB creators) looking at them. I couldn't care less either way, as I love SBs regardless, but I'm all for better releasing. It feels like it's been so few and far between when it comes to really good pairs coming out.

I hear you but I can't let it slide simply because of the name. I have to be honest and say these aren't good shoes IMO and if you wouldn't want them as a GR you want them (again IMO) for the wrong reasons. On the flipside of your point I fear that Nike will see slapping a name on any dunk will generate sales and that they don't have to try and improve releases. Why spend time, resources, and energy making good CWs when you can throw Supreme or Diamond on a shoe and it will sell? In the end it may make Nike lazy/complacent. We need to hold them to a higher standard.

Much respect to your post even if we don't see eye to eye. I think one thing we can all agree is we hope for better materials/ideas for SBs. Hopefully the rumors of nice leather and old tooling are true because that would definitely be a positive.

Are the Blackwoods gonna be a somewhat limited release? I dont really see any shops promoting them on IG or even on the SNKRS app.

Are the Blackwoods gonna be a somewhat limited release? I dont really see any shops promoting them on IG or even on the SNKRS app.

Just about every shop I’ve seen has posted about them. They (the bar) linked to about 20 of them in their post, but there’s more

Also already on StockX for near retail most sizes so I don’t think too limited.

I hear you but I can't let it slide simply because of the name. I have to be honest and say these aren't good shoes IMO and if you wouldn't want them as a GR you want them (again IMO) for the wrong reasons. On the flipside of your point I fear that Nike will see slapping a name on any dunk will generate sales and that they don't have to try and improve releases. Why spend time, resources, and energy making good CWs when you can throw Supreme or Diamond on a shoe and it will sell? In the end it may make Nike lazy/complacent. We need to hold them to a higher standard.

Much respect to your post even if we don't see eye to eye. I think one thing we can all agree is we hope for better materials/ideas for SBs. Hopefully the rumors of nice leather and old tooling are true because that would definitely be a positive.
I respect your view and agree with you. I personally WOULD get them even if they were a GR, due to them combining the faux croc, being almost all black, and the silver on teal velcro swoosh (even though I recognize that **** is super gimmicky, and the swoosh would never be moved by me). Replace the diamond on the tongue with a regular ol' "Nike SB," the word "DIAMOND" under the heel flap with nothing or the word "NIKE," and remove the story/connection to Diamond Supply, and it's still a pretty unique/weird pair, so I'd still get. For myself, the Diamond Supply connection to Nike SB history is an added incentive, but the shoe is unique enough on it's own for me.

I too fear that Nike would just slap names on pairs to sell them, without being creative at all. While I expect they will to a degree, I hope that doesn't become the normal reality of NSB.

Lastly, yeah, we do agree on all of that. Make Nike SBs Great Again!

Just about every shop I’ve seen has posted about them. They (the bar) linked to about 20 of them in their post, but there’s more

Also already on StockX for near retail most sizes so I don’t think too limited.
Here's the full list they provided: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewe...225&z=6&mid=1R1YjurP_T-I9boPTQC4Yc52lmjAo1L4m

Back
Top Bottom