2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

out of all the threads on here, i feel the love here the most, you can tell guys are genuine & authentic, so let's focus on something else, forget that hate...here are a few questions to get us back focused.

1.do you all think we'll ever seen a nike id option for dunks in the near future, i know nike likes to capitalize off their "hype" with things like this from time to time?
2.what do you all feel is the most rare dunk of all time? ... i'm thinking floms or freddys
3.what is YOUR nike dunk grail & do you have it? ...mine are probably the what the dunks & nope, not yet...

1. im ambivalent to it. i rarely ever pull the trigger on ID stuff because i always find it never meets my expectation when its said and done.
2. idk what the criteria is for this definition of rarity, but ima choose wu tangs. i feel like the talk of them isnt even really circulated, whereas FLOMs or paris' might actually more rare in quantity, still get a lot of chatter.
3. DOOMs, and yes i have them but need to seek out a size 10 instead of 9.5

which brings me to the next topic.

its becuase they have one of the top ten worst fits. Very rarely do i have to half size on a dunkand it still feel cramped. I do like lack box and older days where the shoes fit slightly larger. I liked the looser fit more than the tighter fit that most dunks have now.

ive had and continue to have this sizing issue. its across the board with nike. historically ive copped 10s in SB, even though im a TTS 9.5. however, ive found discrepancies with sizing up on several silhouettes including: peewees, send helps and most new tooling. i started to buy 9.5s but found some were too tight including DOOMs, AGs, and camo arctic tokyos. so long story short, still havent figured out the rhyme or reason. i suppose theres too many factors from material to manufacturing that plays a part in the size discrepancy. what i will say is that all new SBs lows made within the last few years is absolutely TTS, maybe even size down on some. my reference is: biggies, black pigeons, de la lows, mcflys. this occurrence is not the case with highs including: silver boxes, black boxes, or the momos. again, as aforementioned, i cant figure it out. at this point, i just copp a 9.5 and a 10, see which fits and return or try and sell. FML.

Momofukus look fire.

How was the quality on them?

-Drew

quality is decent. the denim is similar to lumberjacks. as as vinnuendo vinnuendo has expressed, its a post bluebox era tooling model, so stiff and rigid. for me it is what it is. im about form over function. if i wanted "comfortable" sneakers, id rock some skecher shape ups or crocs. idk thats just me.

how you going to "look out" for the store when it comes to the zoo that is about to ensue but not when the shop is losing money by not charging? :smh:

Because it's all good once you get yours. This is how most people in the community are.

This Travis and other stars/nba players wearing SBs is such a terrible catch 22.

They drive up SB prices but at the same time it’s giving so much exposure to SBs that the hope of Nike pushing it back to glory because of the exposure is great too.

Last 2 years I had a great time catching up on older SBs at great prices. It was fun while it lasted.
Even two years is too late, I've found/seen dunks that used to go for bigger money start going cheap over the last five years at least.

To be fair though, there were always a ton of quality pairs that went cheap because they were just GRs. Which is a good thing on its own.

1.do you all think we'll ever seen a nike id option for dunks in the near future, i know nike likes to capitalize off their "hype" with things like this from time to time?
2.what do you all feel is the most rare dunk of all time? ... i'm thinking floms or freddys
3.what is YOUR nike dunk grail & do you have it? ...mine are probably the what the dunks & nope, not yet...
1. there have been dunks on ID for at least a decade. assuming you meant SB dunk, no, I don't think they'd offer that since they've offered dunks
2. there are a bunch of 1 of 1s out there. see Sandy Boedecker's instagram (@problemsolver8)
3. I'll never have any of the city series, but I'm delighted to say I have huf highs and supreme lows, my attainable SB grails

Reactions: JPS
IMG_8301.JPG

Premiers today
Such a great shoe. I wear mine a handful of times every winter since release lol

out of all the threads on here, i feel the love here the most, you can tell guys are genuine & authentic, so let's focus on something else, forget that hate...here are a few questions to get us back focused.

1. I think we can get a Nike iD option for the SB Dunks, knowing Nike it will probably be for the mids or something like that.

2. I fell like the Gucci inspired collars from Black Sheep that cancelled are pretty rare (this is disregarding 1 of 1 ones and samples).

3. MY Nike Dunk grail are the Unkle Highs and I do not have them. I don't even think I've seen them in a size 14.

ive had and continue to have this sizing issue. its across the board with nike. historically ive copped 10s in SB, even though im a TTS 9.5. however, ive found discrepancies with sizing up on several silhouettes including: peewees, send helps and most new tooling. i started to buy 9.5s but found some were too tight including DOOMs, AGs, and camo arctic tokyos. so long story short, still havent figured out the rhyme or reason. i suppose theres too many factors from material to manufacturing that plays a part in the size discrepancy. what i will say is that all new SBs lows made within the last few years is absolutely TTS, maybe even size down on some. my reference is: biggies, black pigeons, de la lows, mcflys. this occurrence is not the case with highs including: silver boxes, black boxes, or the momos. again, as aforementioned, i cant figure it out. at this point, i just copp a 9.5 and a 10, see which fits and return or try and sell. FML.

I’ve found that for old tooling dunks, if you switch out the insoles with new tooling ones, they fit closer to TTS without losing much comfort. I originally started with my dooms cause I wanted to keep the insole graphics clean. :lol: As for blue box dunks, all canvas/denim dunks fit pretty tight. Biggies have been the only exception I’ve noticed.

I drove up to Jersey City to grab the last pair of white diamonds from NJ Skateshop..... only to find out they were charging $175. SMFH

1. I think we can get a Nike iD option for the SB Dunks, knowing Nike it will probably be for the mids or something like that.

2. I fell like the Gucci inspired collars from Black Sheep that cancelled are pretty rare (this is disregarding 1 of 1 ones and samples).

3. MY Nike Dunk grail are the Unkle Highs and I do not have them. I don't even think I've seen them in a size 14.

Quite a few shops release Paid in Fulls before they were pulled. Pretty obtainable even under 250 in most sizes

No worries. It was like a fire sale when shops heard that C&D was coming. Most pairs went to people buying as many as they could. They were going for like 350-4 at that point.

Didn’t know this story at all. Besides Freddy’s and heavens gate are there other Sb’s that have been scrapped like that?

Also, someone asked about Sb’s that were sold as limited (200 pairs or less) but then became a Qs or Gr. Weren’t the Moats like that? I swore Spot had a crazy release day (100 or so pairs) and they were going for a grand on eBay that day. Then it became a qs release and I copped here in CO a week later. Should’ve never sold those |l

My experience,

-KCDC in Williamsburg, BK is my goto spot for SB's ever since I moved to NY 6 years back. I went the day before around 4pm and part of the Loop stars were there already, Perfect Sole included. By the time they closed for the night there were 15 of us. I explained to manager that the next morning will be a ZOO, we'll get to that shortly, and high recommend doing a list for those that were there already. So he came to agreement that a list should be made and kept inside the store. So with that, I went home for the night.

-Flash forward to Sat morning....I arrived at 6am and OMG there were about 40 people lined up. I parked and checked out the front of the line and discussed how we're gonna do this. By the time the manage and his employee came, the front was crowded. He warned him that this would happen. This is NYC we're talking about. Every FCFS is a movie waiting to happen. The manager told us he's gonna first let people who was on the list buy first but even that couldn't control wtf was happening. Cops were called by residents and they pulled up and eventually handled the release. Also, the manager was ringing up and definitely missed out on 3 people which they basically copped for FREE without noticing. And they had no bags so we had to walk out with two boxes........crazy morning.

Here's a couple of clips:

Also, If it wasn't for me being on the list I would've went to Extra Butter....thankfully I didn't go because THIS was the reason why it got shut down:

And I told people that the Loop War is starting because of last weekend's drama....

After KCDC I went home and rest for a bit then drove to LI to pick up my 3rd pair at Renarts:

IMG_5698.jpg

You managed to get 3 pairs? You had your gameplan down tight. I should roll with you next time.

My local (current one) got the PIF and sold me the 10.5 and 12 but I wasn’t allowed to tell anyone where I got them
They were instructed to send back what they had.... but they made sure to move them out ASAP

Didn’t know this story at all. Besides Freddy’s and heavens gate are there other Sb’s that have been scrapped like that?

Also, someone asked about Sb’s that were sold as limited (200 pairs or less) but then became a Qs or Gr. Weren’t the Moats like that? I swore Spot had a crazy release day (100 or so pairs) and they were going for a grand on eBay that day. Then it became a qs release and I copped here in CO a week later. Should’ve never sold those |l

Loons were a highly coveted sample before becoming an easily attainable Blue Box QS.

As were neon jpacks ^ both pairs differed pretty subtly from the samples; IIRC loon samples had a printed graphic and released pairs had embroidered details. Neon jpacks were just bad quality. Wino janoskis went a similar route. Pictures surfaced for a while and some pairs popped up at various shops before we really knew if they were blood or wine themed. I remember flightclub had some pairs on their website in either late 2011 or early 2012 way before the actual release around June 2012.

UnHeard Of's baseball collaboration didn't end up releasing everywhere, but went most places. Then I believe some showed up at outlets. Not a true C&D but rapcoz2134 rapcoz2134 probably knows for sure.

Rumors of the Biggies this year that it was coming, but it never did.

I'm sure there are a few others that are slipping my mind. Tons of ideas have been scrapped on sample floor for various reasons

Back
Top Bottom