2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

20190124_175848.jpg

congrats to everyone in here who ate!

kinda sad to see some keychain holders here who are not able to hit. hopefully there's a compensation or some sort.

i wanted a pair myself when i saw that pic with the white laces on. but i guess that won't happen. on to upcoming releases! :lol:

Two people won the green hoodie for me. I didn't get any email... If anyone has a size Small green hoodie and wants to size swap for a Large green hoodie let me know?

I’ve been around and into kicks long enough to say this...I think this is the worst release I've personally ever experienced. Now I've missed shoes before, so that's not the issue for me. But the messaging and execution of each launch was awful.
First, Jeff literally said:
"If you don’t have this Keychain, I highly suggest you cop it. It’s $25 bucks and it will save you a ton of hassle, stress, FOMO (and reseller charges) later. Trust me, it’s almost worth it if the keychain did nothing but hold your keys lol. But come January? Yo. Don’t say I didn’t warn you."​
Sounds pretty straightforward. Not "you'll have a better chance at copping," or "some lucky keychain owners will be happy." He's definitely insinuating that if you get the keychain, you're good. That wasn't true. And, he specifically states January. No other releases are coming from him this month, so the Pigeons are what he was referencing. So essentially most people got hustled.
Secondly, the whole "preorder" through that NTWRK app was horrible. He called it a "preorder," but only 20 or so pairs for thousands of people online is no damn preorder. Just say you have a small supply that a lucky few can grab early via the app. Between it obviously not really being a "preorder," and then the app not working multiple times and postponing the release through the app, that was bad. Not to mention, making people pretend to watch a program that you know they're only watching in order to get the kicks.
Third, he specifically told keychain owners to join the newsletter, and that we’d be notified through the newsletter of when our keychains would work. However, he informed us via a mass, public tweet. And of course, all of this isn't even adding into the fact of the error messages due to demand and bots, preventing some from even accessing the sites before they actually sold out.
So like I said, I've missed out on pairs before, so missing isn't the issue here. But the messaging/tactics used, along with, IMO, the failed execution of the different drops, combine to make this release a super fail from my perspective. If pairs are super limited and hard to get, just say so. If I have a slim to none chance to get a pair, just be honest. While trying to change up the method in which people buy shoes is cool, this release has just felt more and more shady with each different drop. I love my Black/Sienna Pigeons from last year, but I definitely look at Jeff a little different after this whole ordeal.

Congrats to those that got these regardless.

I’m sorry you weren’t able to get a pair man. I too purchased the keychain, prior to this release even being announced, in hopes of getting a leg up on a future release. From the newsletter, to the handwritten note about release procedure, I always assumed the keychain would secure a pair of whatever was coming this month.

It took me 4 attempts scanning my keychain this morning. I feel guilty complaining, but we were told to be on the lookout for an email or IG post telling us which time to scan. I learned about that time from a tweet from Jeff Staple. It was sloppy for sure

Back
Top Bottom