2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

would you guys get upset if you found out your (struggling) local only sold half of their dogwalkers for retail and the other half via stockx?

The_Real_Story_Behind_Black_Guy_On_The_Phone_Meme-500x500.jpg

would you guys get upset if you found out your (struggling) local only sold half of their dogwalkers for retail and the other half via stockx?
This is something that is becoming more prevalent with shops. There’s quite a bit of shops that have opened EBay accounts as well and are pushing stock through there too. I wouldn’t be furious with a struggling local if they pushed their GRs that way (because most of them sit), but I’d rather have them just push ALL their QS stock locally and up charge $10-$20 bucks a pair if that was the only solution.

Even the big accounts don’t get huge numbers of the hyped releases.
Retail is about volume and repeating customers.
Not quick one time bucks on product you hardly ever have and in small volume .
Platforms like this used to move stuff they cannot sell locally make sense. You need more eyeballs to sell it than you have locally.

I’ve wondered for the last year if Nike SB will follow suit of other lifestyle Nike stuff and Jordan brand stuff that retail was jacked up (justifiably ) to leave less on the table for the instaflippers.
$1000 retail release coming speaks to this .

It happens, seen it first hand. Local shops that have Nike contracts sell hyped pairs for above retail (some waaaay over). Most shoppers get made but the pairs still sell. And then there’s the resellers that do their thing. Supply and demand dictates all.

if said shop is holding down regulars who spend money other than on QSs...they’re showing love with shop apparel, copping GRs, etc, then i’m fine with it. if they’re gonna end up in the hands of resellers anyway, then i’d rather the shop make a few extra bucks than some schmuck who’s only copping Dunks now because they saw them on some Kylie Jenner fan page on IG.

thats the crap part about having an account with nike... theyll give you some heat to sell... but you are also forced to take on their wack stuff nobody wants... if you dont sell it, youll end up owing them I think. This is what I was told by a friend who once had an account with nike but he couldnt push out their wack products.

Last edited:
Would y’all rather have. They throw half stock on eBay or upcharge on box price?

Def made me think of when my old local charged $250 for Tiffany dunk lows. I was in shock bc they never upcharged anything. They wound up going under.

as much flak as he deservedly gets I like what dom did with the diamonds (I think). He just held them back and sold them to people he recognized over the next month as well as the occasional nice person who just came in and bought something else.

Devil's Advocate here.
You as a business owner make profit on the initial sale only...making what maybe $30 a pair?

Okay you get in 100 pairs
You hold down your regulars who always shop with you....say 50 pairs.

You've got 50 left. Better to sell to casual buyers and resellers? Or be the reseller?

If I was a business owner that would frustrate me knowing I'm selling you an item that you're going to resell for significantly more than I'm making by selling it to you.

Devil's Advocate here.
You as a business owner make profit on the initial sale only...making what maybe $30 a pair?

Okay you get in 100 pairs
You hold down your regulars who always shop with you....say 50 pairs.

You've got 50 left. Better to sell to casual buyers and resellers? Or be the reseller?

If I was a business owner that would frustrate me knowing I'm selling you an item that you're going to resell for significantly more than I'm making by selling it to you.
as a business owner i would make sure i serve more than just a niche of sneaker dweebs who believe that SBs are byke. I would serve the skate community and not push and rely on QS so i dont have to rely on a secondary market for profit. my aim is increase my number of regulars not alienate them.

Back
Top Bottom