2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I buy and do the things I enjoy for me..... but it doesn’t hurt when I get shout outs
My Skyline for example... I love it and I imported it for me, rarely go to meets or anything but I do enjoy all the thumbs up and convos at the gas station
My Odyssey has more mods but nobody gives it a second look... which is fine but it is neat when people acknowledge or appreciate what you got

SB lakers came today, they look real but IDK
IMG_0728.jpg
IMG_0727.jpg
IMG_0729.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0730.jpg
    IMG_0730.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 3
definitely got into shoes to stand out, but it was also a natural extension of my love for skateboarding, punk rock, t-shirts, etc...but that was almost 16 years ago now and times have changed. at least in the big coastal cities that i've lived in since then, people dress a lot more alike than they used to. don't think i'll ever switch over to like...desert boots or something...sneakers are made comfortable at the end of the day. i think we can all appreciate positive comments from peeps. except if they come from drooling crackheads. but that drooling crackhead might have some ulterior motives.

For me I've just always loved shoes. Like someone said earlier, within my friends and family groups I'm the only one that's really into kicks. Sure people know the usual Jordans, but anything remotely different from those, especially almost all SBs, and I'd stand out wearing anything really. We've all been guilty of wanting an exclusive-ish pair, and that's fine IMO, but I buy pairs I want for how they look to me, not how others will view them. For me personally as well, being in a wheelchair, and knowing tons of people in wheelchairs, I know tons of people that don't and can't wear "normal" (I put that in quotes because I hate the idea, but you all know what I mean) shoes. So it's also a statement for me saying "don't let these 4 wheels confuse you, and don't underestimate people like myself, and normalize the idea in your mind that MF'ers in wheelchairs can wear dope kicks too." But on the flip side, since I am in a wheelchair, I get so many "man you're killing them," or "you stay with the fresh kicks," especially since I live in the city and work in a busy *** community center (I run the technology center within). And that gets annoying AF. Like "I get it, the cripple guy has nice shoes, damn." But I don't ever bring up kicks unless I'm asked. I do always compliment the kids that come through here on their shoes though. Doesn't matter the brand or anything, don't want them thinking they need shoes or are somehow lacking with what they have on their feet. "I like your shoes," or "nice kicks." J_Mobile luh da kids.

one time i went to see de la soul and saw a dude wearing the OG highs

i was pretty drunk and literally thanked him for wearing them lol
I do that all the time.. see someone wearing a shirt with a hip-hop artist I like? Nice kicks that I’ve been eying? Dap em up and say that’s dope! People do it a lot with me too, it feels like unity amongst strangers. One time outside a rally in SF some random chick went up to me and said “I like your shoes!”, I looked at her kinda startled at first and she pointed at my feet and I was like oh thanks! It was just Tiffany Diamond SBs, the highs haha

I don't mind when folks tell me "nice shoes" or "where did you get those?" Because I do it myself on here when I see something fly on WDYWT threads. However I'm not allowing it evolve into a conversation about sneakers and what kicks I have when it's a real life encounter.

I never bought a pair of kicks to break necks either :lol: I buy what I like to wear, sometimes some of my friends clown my taste in kicks (especially SBs) but they are not for them to like anyway.

Last edited:
Dam we got some sour grapes up in here. It's safe to say if you are on this site and talking sneakers you aren't the typical "person" anymore, you have an affinity and appreciation towards sneakers. When you wear the sneakers we tend to buy, you WILL attract attention, whether you like it or not. Imo if someone wants to chat me up or ask about my kicks I'll gladly drop some knowledge about the history or how i copped them it's just something I enjoy.

It's like volksnuts said, it's almost no different than when you drive a nice rare car, people will always ask about it or give you props because they know what it is.

Dam we got some sour grapes up in here. It's safe to say if you are on this site and talking sneakers you aren't the typical "person" anymore, you have an affinity and appreciation towards sneakers. When you wear the sneakers we tend to buy, you WILL attract attention, whether you like it or not. Imo if someone wants to chat me up or ask about my kicks I'll gladly drop some knowledge about the history or how i copped them it's just something I enjoy.

It's like volksnuts said, it's almost no different than when you drive a nice rare car, people will always ask about it or give you props because they know what it is.
Everything you just said, agreed %100! I don't know about you all, but it's definitely an ego stroke being the "shoeologist" in my family and social circles. But that's why I love NT as well, as I'm not the smartest in the room, and it's not on me to be the "shoe guy."

I love talking about sneakers in the real world. Unfortunately, where I live you never really see anybody wearing anything but the latest GR Jordan.
As far as trying to break necks, I could care less either way. I own very few Hype shoes. Most of my collection, besides my sb’s and a few yeezys sprinkled in, are classic color ways of various retro models.So if you know, you know.

Last edited:
Sorta same chime in,
I like the kicks that I got and want some more. I like when I get compliments about whatever pair I’m wearing but I don’t need the ‘likes’ or daps. I give the same nod when I see someone wearing some kicks I like too. I ain’t trynna battle anyone but I do come correct with my affinity toward footwear. Whenever I can I’ll wear a pair I like since I’m in dressier shoes for work most of the week.

Do you, NT SB fam

Not a regular in here, but I’ll chime in...

I don’t rock/buy my kicks to impress anyone but myself... I actually kinda dislike wearing “heat”, and getting attention from some hypebeast that only knows about my shoes because of the level of hype...

What does feel dope, is when I’m wearing something more under the radar, and some older dude that’s obviously not into kicks at all, approaches me and says something about how they had those in high school, or wanted em back in the day, or something to that effect.

Back
Top Bottom